PDA

View Full Version : Looks like there's no platinmum trophy for me...

BatDood
23rd Nov 2009, 22:40
I've finished the story on Easy. I've done it on Normal. I've beaten all the challenges and gotten 100%. The only thing left to do is beat the game on Hard to get my platinum for B:AA and you know what, I can honestly say that it ain't gonna happen. :(

I can get through the story okay but I'm stuck at Bane. Bane! Geez, it's one of the first major boss battles! I just can't seem to get past him no matter how hard I try. Personally, I found him to be one of the easier boss fights in the other modes and I just can't do it. I can't even count how many times I've tried now and it's just not happening. I can only imagine hard hard all the other ones are going to be. I would have figured that if I could get through Shock and Awe (Extreme), I should be able to handle Hard mode now, shouldn't I? Here's a big, resounding NO!

I absolutely love this game but playing on Hard mode is just one major frustration for me. I don't play games to get frustrated. I like to sit back after a hard day of work and UNWIND, not get even MORE uptight! LOL

Anyway, with all that said, anyone got any tips for this boss fight? I'm pretty much ready to give up and resign myself to the fact that platinum will always be outta reach.

Drazar
23rd Nov 2009, 22:44
Upgrade your combat moves first and foremost. Not the health. Take care of the thugs and keep an eye on Bane to dodge his throw move and whatnot. Really just focus on the thugs 1st and foremost.

homeycdawg
23rd Nov 2009, 23:00
I'm gonna have to offer the opposite advice. Boost your health first if you keep dying on Bane. The truth is, on hard difficulty you die after only a few punches until you upgrade your health some. Those combat upgrades won't do much good in the Bane fight unless your trying to get mad combo scores from the thugs. If your having trouble getting past bane though, don't waste time on the thugs or your asking for it. Just keep dodge-flipping over them like a flying grayson and focus on Bane. You have to run him into the wall a LOT more on hard.

PS. Personally I go for the combat upgrades first on hard difficulty too, but thats because by now I can roll through the game only taking a few hits. I agree the Bane thugs are a blast to take out, but I if your good at evading a lot it is sooooo easy to beat bane without even touching them.

Anyway, hope either Drazar or my advice helps, whatever suites your style better. Hope you get past him, the game is SOO much more satisfying on hard.

BatDood
23rd Nov 2009, 23:13
Thanks guys! It's nice to see a couple of different opinions on the subject.

As it stands at this point in the save game, I ended up putting more into my combat upgrades than I did my health. I did that in my play-through on Normal and I found I was getting more points faster that way for future upgrades. It makes sense that I would need more health with Bane but I didn't go that route. I guess I'm just going to have to try not to get hit as much. ;)

I watched a vid on YouTube that corroborates Drazar's strategy about taking out thugs first. It seemed to work pretty well for that guy. I think I would rather get rid of them so that I can concentrate on Bane by himself but no doubt, I'll give BOTH of your solid tips a shot. I've already made umpteeth attempts at it so I'm sure there's another hundred more attempts to come. :D

BatDood
23rd Nov 2009, 23:15
BTW, I'd really like to get this platinum because it's my favourite game and it'll be my very first platinum trophy. If there's one platinum I really want to get - it's this one!

Batman The Trailer Hunter
24th Nov 2009, 00:21
I always had trouble fighting bane...mainly cuz i kept punching before he got dazzled

Drazar
24th Nov 2009, 00:26
BTW, I'd really like to get this platinum because it's my favourite game and it'll be my very first platinum trophy. If there's one platinum I really want to get - it's this one!

Thats the spirit! ;)

I find taking the thugs out the best, because they simply are always there. Try and batarang Bane if you feel you're reflexes are sharp, since the extra seconds of Bane being stunned and he may have knockeddown some thugs = quickly ground takedown the thugs with a single hit. ;)

BatDood
24th Nov 2009, 01:16
HEY! I BEAT BANE!!!!! RIGHT ON! Thanks tons, guys!

Hey, you might get a kick out of this: I used tactics from from both Drazar and homeycdawg. LOL

Okay, so I'm battling away, getting my butt handed to me again for the forth time. My energy is low but I'm still finding Drazar's technique of "getting rid of the thugs" working. It allowed me to go through 2 rounds with Bane and get further ahead than I could before. Then some more thugs drop down and at that point I figure my goose is cooked when low and behold - I get an UPGRADE! Excellent! So what do I do? Take homeycdawg's advice and put the upgrade into health. WHAM! I'm back at full energy to finish the job! Sweet! I know it was a total fluke, but the timing was perfect and I wouldn't have thought of doing that had I not picked your brains.

Thanks tons guys! I'm sure I'll back back to harass you again when I encounter my next boss! I'm stoked! I really want to get this platinum! ;)

butterskenny
24th Nov 2009, 02:12
Bane killed me once, the thing that did it was how while I was off guard defeating the thugs, he threw a pieces of wall at me.

homeycdawg
24th Nov 2009, 03:28
Glad you beat him. I forgot that upgrading your health fills your life bar. :)

The Bane fight is so fun on hard. I actually find taking on Bane and his thugs at the same time (instead of one then the other) to be a complete blast, especially when you lure him into throwing a piece of wall at like five thugs then ground pound three of them before he charges you. Epic. I love fighting Bane so much more than titan thugs. Don't know why, maybe his taunts. I love his maniacal laugh.

BatDood
24th Nov 2009, 05:29
The Bane fight is so fun on hard.

One of the things that I'm finding is that the entire story is more fun on hard. It's mainly for combat reasons. Not being warned of attacks (aka: lightening bolts over the heads) is pretty cool. Plus; those gun-toting thugs can really zap your energy with just a shot or two. And I've noticed that they DON'T GIVE UP! Once they've got a shot at you, it's really hard to get away.

All said; I'm enjoying hard mode more than I thought I would.

That's until I get to the next boss though...then I'll be back whining about how I'll never get platinum. :nut:

Odysseyalien
24th Nov 2009, 12:36
Glad you got through Bane. I have to say, I'm in the last battle on "hard", the Titan Joker fight. The Bane fight for me on both "normal" and "hard" was as difficult, if not more difficult, than the Titan in the small room with the goons coming out of the elevator in the second half of the game. For me, the Bane battle was probably the single most challenging point in the game.

BatDood
24th Nov 2009, 13:22
...than the Titan in the small room with the goons coming out of the elevator in the second half of the game.

I'm sure that's going to be crazy when I get to it! But I think the one that's really going to frustrate me to no end is: the battle near the end with the two titans and all the goons, just before you fight joker

I had a heck of a time getting through that on Normal. I can only imagine how many times I'm going to have to attempt to get past them without losing my sanity.

I'm getting close to Killer Croc's lair. Is there any major differences between Hard and Normal? Does he pop up more often? Do you have less time to react? Just trying to get myself psyched out for it. ;)

Nemesis296
24th Nov 2009, 14:34
I'm sure that's going to be crazy when I get to it! But I think the one that's really going to frustrate me to no end is: the battle near the end with the two titans and all the goons, just before you fight joker

I had a heck of a time getting through that on Normal. I can only imagine how many times I'm going to have to attempt to get past them without losing my sanity.

I'm getting close to Killer Croc's lair. Is there any major differences between Hard and Normal? Does he pop up more often? Do you have less time to react? Just trying to get myself psyched out for it. ;)

I didn't notice much difference between the Croc fights on difficulty changes. As a tip for the fight in Spoiler tags, evasion is your friend :) All you really need to do is crowd control the inmates and focus on the more dangerous targets, then you can easily beat it...that's how I did anyway :D

BatDood
24th Nov 2009, 23:16
As a tip for the fight in Spoiler tags, evasion is your friend :) All you really need to do is crowd control the inmates and focus on the more dangerous targets, then you can easily beat it...that's how I did anyway :D
Thanks for the tip. Sounds pretty solid to me.

butterskenny
25th Nov 2009, 02:03
I want to go on hard, but Ivy will probably get me really frustrated.

Abeja
25th Nov 2009, 02:18
Yeah combat on hard is really fun. It makes me wish you could turn them off in the challenge mode. THAT would take it a whole new level with the freeflow.

deders
25th Nov 2009, 08:47
I want to go on hard, but Ivy will probably get me really frustrated.

Ivy's not that much more difficult on hard, if at all.

Nemesis296
25th Nov 2009, 11:50
Ivy's not that much more difficult on hard, if at all.

I'll refine this further...Ivy is a joke on Hard.

BatDood
25th Nov 2009, 12:17
I'll refine this further...Ivy is a joke on Hard.
Really??? :scratch: She was frustrating enough on Normal. That's good to know.

Nemesis296
25th Nov 2009, 18:19
Really??? :scratch: She was frustrating enough on Normal. That's good to know.

I never stop moving or spamming quick batarang. Dodge the spores she shoots, and let the guys she spawns get killed by the vines she brings up. It's child's play :)

BatDood
26th Nov 2009, 03:36
I MADE IT!
MY FIRST PLATINUM!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2494/4135409714_df722b2230_m.jpg

I'm stoked! Talk about feeling good! Quite a difference of opinion from the way I started this thread! lol

Just wanted to throw out a thanks for everybody's help. I definitely appreciate you taking the time to give me your tips!

(I don't care what anyone says though...Ivy was a royal pain in the butt to get through!) :rasp:

Batman The Trailer Hunter
26th Nov 2009, 04:21
Wow dude it only took 2 days! (shorter than it took me) WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

BatDood
26th Nov 2009, 05:05
Wow dude it only took 2 days! (shorter than it took me) WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!
Many thanks! It helped that I already played through it on easy and normal first though. ;) lol

homeycdawg
26th Nov 2009, 08:06
I MADE IT!
MY FIRST PLATINUM!!!

Congrats.

BatDood
26th Nov 2009, 12:15
Thanks homeycdawg! You tips were definitely helpful.

As a tip for the fight in Spoiler tags, evasion is your friend :) All you really need to do is crowd control the inmates and focus on the more dangerous targets, then you can easily beat it...that's how I did anyway :D
Hey Nemesis - this really worked out well for me. I only had to take two tries at it to get that part finished. It took me quite a few more than that on Normal mode. This was a great tip! Thanks!

Nemesis296
27th Nov 2009, 15:11
Hey Nemesis - this really worked out well for me. I only had to take two tries at it to get that part finished. It took me quite a few more than that on Normal mode. This was a great tip! Thanks!

Happy I could help! :thumb:

Drazar
27th Nov 2009, 16:00
I MADE IT!
MY FIRST PLATINUM!!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2494/4135409714_df722b2230_m.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/731800-happy_batman_super.jpg