PDA

View Full Version : Info on the A.I. and the "Down not Dead" mechanic ...

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Nov 2009, 20:39
Not much but i thought some might be interested ...

http://www.thelostgamer.com/2009/11/23/kane-lynch-2-to-feature-new-down-not-dead-mechanic/

So ... are there still audio flashbacks ? ...

Cmd_lupin
23rd Nov 2009, 21:05
Very good to ear the AI has been revamped.
The "down but not dead" feature, I'm still waiting to see it in action.

Ps: nice find.

TheMoD
23rd Nov 2009, 21:31
Soooo I guess Karsten Lund is the new game director?... :/

Vulture
23rd Nov 2009, 21:41
Soooo I guess Karsten Lund is the new game director?... :/

yep, it looks like jens peter kurup is a goner.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Nov 2009, 21:51
Crap ! How could i miss that ! ...

Anywya , Jens Peter Kurup was a animator at IO at first ...
He can still work for this project ...

Edit : Fun Fact ...
Both Karsten Lund and Mads Prahm , the game director and producer of Dog Days respectively , worked in the 'Additional*Pre‑Production' of the level design in Dead Men ...

Falkenwut
23rd Nov 2009, 22:35
Very nice find! will put this in the Q&A section..

EDIT: Lovely news to hear indeed! My only 2 fears :
1 - It will have the same problem as Velvet assassin. The enemies will know where you are when trying to sneak up on them.
2 - The game will be incredibly difficult. Or in vice-versa, have the same disappointment as Medal of Honor: airborne (promised good AI, nothing special presented)

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Nov 2009, 22:46
Dead Men is the only game i ever play on hard difficulty without complaining Once about the 'difficulty' (neither easy or ridiculously hard) ... it just felt right , so if they keep the same balanced gameplay difficulty for Dog Days ... then it's heaven on earth ...

PS : I seriously can't see Lynch doing 'stealth' operations ...

Falkenwut
23rd Nov 2009, 23:31
Dead Men is the only game i ever play on hard difficulty without complaining Once about the 'difficulty' (neither easy or ridiculously hard) ... it just felt right , so if they keep the same balanced gameplay difficulty for Dog Days ... then it's heaven on earth ...

Agreed on the stealth - I just pointed out that if a mission needs a sneak, hope the AI won't be pointing at you before they ever saw you.

As for gaming difficulty, I have no idea why, I find Morphine difficulty as a varying difficulty.. usually I pass through it no problem, but sometimes it feel extremely difficult.. I guess it's just right... lol

Kent-45
24th Nov 2009, 03:17
Very awesome mechanic. Left 4 Dead has a form of this in-game and it's a nice last ditch effort. Unfortunately, if you're down and shooting... you better have an ally close by or your dead meat.

I think that if you're "Downed" your aggro priority among enemies near you. If you're on the ground, and not close to cover... what's to stop every enemy from just mowing you down instantly? They have insanely accurate aim in the first game... so I dunno about this

Nick@IO
24th Nov 2009, 12:16
For the Kurup fans out there - JP is still working at IO and is now the director of our Creative Services department, which means he is pretty much creative boss of everything that comes out in terms of trailers, screenshots, etc. He still provides lots of extremely valuable input to the games but he's not directing anything.

Nick@IO
24th Nov 2009, 12:18

Well, if he cracks a bottle over your head and you don't see it coming, that's a kind of stealth kill, right? Not that he can do that, but, you know...

Okay, maybe stealth isn't REALLY his thing...

Falkenwut
24th Nov 2009, 12:25
True but who knows... maybe he's trying to get close to a Yakuza boss... Instead of shooting everyone blankly he may try at least a 5 minute approach before going shooting everyone like "the texas chainsaw masscre".... without chainsaws...

GrievousOdyssey
24th Nov 2009, 16:45
For the Kurup fans out there - JP is still working at IO and is now the director of our Creative Services department, which means he is pretty much creative boss of everything that comes out in terms of trailers, screenshots, etc. He still provides lots of extremely valuable input to the games but he's not directing anything.

Marvelous ! ...

(yeah this seems to be my favorite word this week) ...

PS : Marvelous except the part where he isn't directing anything ...

dark_angel_7
24th Nov 2009, 17:38
Great, I always thought the A.I. was a bit shoddy for most IO Interactive games but I really hope that K&L2 proves that IOI can really improve upon the original in A.I. and other aspects.