PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

UhUh
22nd Nov 2009, 16:22
Hello,

The first K&L was in large part inspired by Micheal Mann movies,
what do you think is going on with the new style?
Do you like the surveliance camera look of the teasers?
How do you expect this will effect the game?

JD_Method
22nd Nov 2009, 18:58
The visual style is supposed to be influenced by documentaries and the "user-generated era". I can't help but think we're gonna have shaky cam and a grainy screen image through the whole game.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2009, 20:33
You guys got it all wrong ...
Dog Days isn't even a shooter at all ...
It's actually a point and click adventure game ...
The entire games takes place inside the net ...
And you have to find violent footage on youtube and choose between alerting the moderators or spreading the videos ...
It's all very serious and act as a critique on the naive world of the internet ...

Seriously ...

Falkenwut
22nd Nov 2009, 20:39
If that were true, I'd go jump right off a cliff...
Besides for that I guess it'll have internet or CCTV involved.. alot of it...

I just hope it doesn't take the old survivor style gaming (example Resident Evil 2)

Nick@IO
22nd Nov 2009, 20:55
You guys got it all wrong ...
Dog Days isn't even a shooter at all ...
It's actually a point and click adventure game ...
The entire games takes place inside the net ...
And you have to find violent footage on youtube and choose between alerting the moderators or spreading the videos ...
It's all very serious and act as a critique on the naive world of the internet ...

Seriously ...

Sounds a lot like you're describing my job there, mate :nut:

Falkenwut
22nd Nov 2009, 21:17
Ouch mate! But I guess it's cool getting first-hand experience on that game!
Speaking of which, since you're in the IOI biz, can you try to answer what you can from the Q&A? It's getting full of unanswered questions :(

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2009, 21:45
Christmas is still a month away , give em a some more time ...

Mercenary of The7
22nd Nov 2009, 23:48
The visual style is supposed to be influenced by documentaries and the "user-generated era". I can't help but think we're gonna have shaky cam and a grainy screen image through the whole game.

Unless they wanna get kicked in the nads by reviwers everywhere, they're not gonna do it.

Kent-45
23rd Nov 2009, 00:20
I'm starting to see that they seem to have this infatuation with security cam footage, and this leads me to suspect that a majority (if not all) of the cutscenes will be in this style.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but I will wait until they release more information before I come to any conclusions.

Dr Klowneus
23rd Nov 2009, 00:41
Unless they wanna get kicked in the nads by reviwers everywhere, they're not gonna do it.

Doubt they'll have the whole game from a series of fixed security camera's that'd be like playing through Resident Evil 1 or Manhunt, but yeah if the cutscenes are from camera footage I'm ok with it, providing the gameplay remains intact, meaning the camera for "In Game' is the same as Dead men, While i was thinking about Resident Evil for PS1 last night, How does this relate to Kane & Lynch? Well I'm glad you asked.... Resident Evil 1 allowed you to play through the campaign as either Jill or Chris, Not many games have done this since, think it's about time to be able to choose which character you play through single player again, oh and when you finish RE5 your given the opportunity to add filters to the game which make the screen look more grainy, so in Kane and Lynch if their trying to add re playability they could add some different camera filters

Kent-45
23rd Nov 2009, 04:23
I think that regardless of what they do with the series, I know that it will be a wild ride. These guys have a lot of passion and energy for the games they make, and I can respect that.

Bringing new elements to the table is always a good thing. However if they aren't careful they are going to alienate a majority of their fanbase, and I don't think they can afford to do that after Kane & Lynch 1's track record.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Nov 2009, 09:22
So what if Dog Days disappoints us ? ...
We still have Dead Men ...

Besides , IO Interactive or not , you can't always expect people to outdone themselves everytime they make a new project ...

Anywya it's a little bit too soon to make hasty conclusions ...

We already waited four months (if not two and a half years) for this game's official announcement , a few more weeks for trailer and gameplay footage is doable ...

Kent-45
23rd Nov 2009, 15:16
Once I see a trailer, screenshots, and game footage... maybe my concerns will be allayed. Honestly I don't understand why they aren't releasing more information by now. Creating hype about a game isn't an overnight process... they need to be constantly at it, creating awareness and getting people interested into the game.

I think IOInteractive thinks they can just drop the name "Kane & Lynch" and expect people to show up to the party. I guess they don't realize how bad the first one was, and how many pissed off people there are out there. I personally liked Kane & Lynch 1, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend like it wasn't a pretty horrendous game in terms of controls, bugs, and overall lack of polish.

Even in an interview somewhere (I don't have the link off hand, I'm on my netbook) one of the gm's for IO said that Eidos imposed a holiday deadline on them and that the game "wasn't up to their level of quality" and that he was basically disappointed in what they had put on the shelf.

Takes a big man to say that, and I respect him for it.

Falkenwut
23rd Nov 2009, 15:22
I think they're taking advertising slowly. Think about it:
The website state that it will be finished in 2010 (assuming by 1st january) - all the details will be shown by then so.. All of december 2009 will be full of teasers and minimal of game information. (maybe a christmas level will be in xD)

The actual game would be released around.. February or March - Assuming they don't wish to release it WITH the website or assuming no delays...
Your thoughts peeps?

Cmd_lupin
23rd Nov 2009, 16:34
Even in an interview somewhere (I don't have the link off hand, I'm on my netbook) one of the gm's for IO said that Eidos imposed a holiday deadline on them and that the game "wasn't up to their level of quality" and that he was basically disappointed in what they had put on the shelf.

I believe you are refering to this (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26110).

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Nov 2009, 20:01
I think IOInteractive thinks they can just drop the name "Kane & Lynch" and expect people to show up to the party.

Hey , it seems that they listened to my proposal after all these months ! Marvelous ! ...

I guess they don't realize how bad the first one was, and how many pissed off people there are out there. I personally liked Kane & Lynch 1, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend like it wasn't a pretty horrendous game in terms of controls, bugs, and overall lack of polish.

What bugs ? ...
I've played games that had cover systems that can't work for **** and yet it was rated nine out of ten across the board , with no reviewers mentioning that problem ...
With Kane & Lynch i had no such problem yet everybody wasn't exactly happy with it ... anywya ...

As for the many pissed off people out there ...
*looks at my sweet rifle* ...
Their minds changes more often than their shirts ...

UhUh
26th Nov 2009, 00:23
So I've watched again Miami Vice :D

I really hope the game will look like this
http://imgur.com/zGYCN.png (http://imgur.com/zGYCN.png)

Falkenwut
26th Nov 2009, 00:41
woaw you can totally fool anyone as leaked screenshot.. seriously!

EDIT:
You guys should see the trailers of district 9 and Cloverfield.. just the trailers...
Just to know what you're up against reguarding presentation.

Acid_Burn
26th Nov 2009, 08:50
UhUh, very similar (:

Kent-45
26th Nov 2009, 13:45
I liked the visual style of the remake of Miami Vice... I guess that's good to know.