PDA

View Full Version : Games that reminds you of Kane & Lynch ...

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2009, 04:43
Well it's been two years since the first game came out and you would expect a good handful of games including references of Kane & Lynch ...
Turns out there's practically no game out there that reminds us/references this franchise (the Hitman Blood Money's reference doesn't exactly count)...

I say 'practically' because today i just found something ...
It could be just a 'coincidence' ... but still ...

In "Point Lookout" , one of the expansions of Fallout 3 , there is a character who :
Wears a suit (with tie) ...
Wears a pair of glasses ...
Uses only two weapons , a shotgun and a sniper rifle ...
His last name begins with a "L"...
And , last but not least , he is the one who swears more than any other character in Fallout 3 and all its other expansions ...

Sounds familiar doesn't he ?...

Of course it could still be a coincidence and not a direct reference , but he did made me think of Kane & Lynch ...
So ... have you guys played another game which reminds you of Kane & Lynch ?...

Falkenwut
22nd Nov 2009, 12:41
For one: Freedom Fighters - Same gameplay mechanics of Kane and Lynch (same creator too)
Secondly: Gears of war - not because of the style, simply because it's a cover-system game. I dunno why I simply compare it to Kane and Lynch.

Those I can think of.. I'll put others if any other pop up

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2009, 13:56
Kind of think of it , the famous bank heist mission from Grand Theft Auto IV does share one similarity with Kane & Lynch :
They both end (more or less) in a subway station ...
The difference here is that while the train in Kane & Lynch does stop at the station , the train from that other crime simulator doesn't thus forcing the player to walk on the tracks ...

TheMoD
22nd Nov 2009, 16:13
Actually Silent Hill 2 and 3 and Beyond Good and Evil kinda remind me of Kane and Lynch. Symply because they all have amazing storytelling and unforgettable characters

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2009, 20:28
*thunder applause*

OUTSTANDING , Soldier ! Outstanding Indeed ...

Kent-45
23rd Nov 2009, 00:15
Kind of think of it , the famous bank heist mission from Grand Theft Auto IV does share one similarity with Kane & Lynch :
They both end (more or less) in a subway station ...
The difference here is that while the train in Kane & Lynch does stop at the station , the train from that other crime simulator doesn't thus forcing the player to walk on the tracks ...

Watch the commentary by Michael Mann, in "Collateral".... he explains that subways are a metaphor in his movie. The movie "Heat" starts in a subway, and the movie "Collateral" ends in a subway. It's not coincidence at all.

GrievousOdyssey
23rd Nov 2009, 09:15
Watch the commentary by Michael Mann, in "Collateral".... he explains that subways are a metaphor in his movie. The movie "Heat" starts in a subway, and the movie "Collateral" ends in a subway. It's not coincidence at all.

Don't throw in complicated metaphors in here sir ! ...
Our men won't stand it any longer ! ...

FreedomPhantom
23rd Nov 2009, 17:03
Definitely Freedom Fighters and Hitman music and the gameplay

jam13
24th Nov 2009, 04:25
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "No Russian"(Airport Mission)
I think they are also dead men .