PDA

View Full Version : Which Choice Would You Have Made ? ... (Spoiler on Dead Men's Ending) ...

GrievousOdyssey
20th Nov 2009, 15:44
(again ,i realized a poll like this wasn't made in the now empty Dead Men's forum)...

Don't mind that there's achievement for taking both endings ,don't mind that the game ends quicker for one ending ,don't mind that you were going to see both endings sooner or later ...

In all honesty ,if you were in Kane's situation ,what would you have done ?...
Make a daring rescue attempt in the burning village (to save the lives of some greedy mercenaries no-less) by risking your daughter's life in order to prove to her that you're not a Traitor ...
Or ...
Take her away from this hell by escaping in that helicopter ?...

Don't mind if the longer ending is more dramatic ,or that one ending is bound to be non-canon once Dog Days comes out...

Just concentrate on this choice and tell us ...
If you were in Kane's situation ...
And you can only make ONE decision ...
What would you really do ?...
Pretend that you're a hero/not as bad as they think of you ?...
Or just deal with it and leave ?...

Bevacur
20th Nov 2009, 16:05
I chose escape to the village, it just makes the game a tiny bit longer.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Nov 2009, 16:15
. . .

Yes , ok , maybe i wasn't clear enough ...

I , gnrGrievous , as a player/spectator Loves the Drama , and if it means playing the game for One More Level , then HELL YES ...

Almost every time i play Dead Men i go to the village , plus as a last level it was much more satisfying than ending the game by taking the helicopter ...

BUT if we took a step back from the fact that this is a game , and place ourselves in the character's situation ... will we have made the same decision ? ...

I'm not asking which ending you all prefered , i'm asking which decision would you have took ...

There is a difference , i just hope you can see it ...

Bevacur
20th Nov 2009, 16:21
Hmm good question and yeh, ok you caught me :(

If i was Kane, i would ignore Lynch, rific and shelly as for 1 we are all dead men and we cant have killed ALL the7 gang i mean there must bew a few members in different countries.

2. I would be selfish and the reason i wouldd of went to that country was to save my daughter and that was my only goal, i would of thought Rific, Shelly and Lynch as tools to be cast aside and there only purpose is to help me get my daughter back.

And once i have my daughter back i would leave them all behind they are too much to support and having Lynch back by my side would be too much trouble and will put my life and daughters life in danger. Lynch is better of dead especially after all the civilians he killed in the bank.

Falkenwut
20th Nov 2009, 16:35
Despite the fact I enjoyed the ending at the village, the first time I played it I saved Jenny. I thought to myself like Kane, where i gave the priority of safety to Jenny. Although come to think of it, he could still have saved Lynch...That helicopter could hold up to 6 people (bell 206 jet ranger - I THINK)... But still... The best ending is the village ending ^^

GrievousOdyssey
20th Nov 2009, 16:43
I always thought that it was Lynch who refused to escape with Kane ...
It was obvious that Lynch wanted to help the men , it can very well be a possibility that he was just disappointed/disgusted with Kane's decision and wasn't exactly in the mood to have a helicopter ride with a 'traitor' ...
Anywya ...

Bevacur
20th Nov 2009, 16:49
I always thought that it was Lynch who refused to escape with Kane ...

From what i watched, when Lynch looks towards the helicopter pad and sees Kane taking off with Jenny, i swear Lynch looks disgusted and highly annoyed maybe thinking Kane has still not learnt from his mistakes about leaving his men behind and being a traitor.

Lynch didnt look shocked, maybe deep down he knew Kane will betray him at one point i mean how eager was Kane to get to his daughter? He didnt care about the needs of others except himself and he is quick to blame others.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Nov 2009, 16:53
Damn , Son ! ...

*applause* ...

Where were you when i was shouting like a mad dog in Dead Men's forum ? lol ...

TheMoD
20th Nov 2009, 17:53
I would have taken jenny and lynch (there was enough room!) into the helicopter and fly away. The only survivor of the other guys was shelly and I couldn't stand him anyway. ^^
OR I would have gone into the village with lynch and let Jenny hide somewhere until I'm done...

Falkenwut
20th Nov 2009, 18:35
I would have taken jenny and lynch (there was enough room!) into the helicopter and fly away. The only survivor of the other guys was shelly and I couldn't stand him anyway. ^^
OR I would have gone into the village with lynch and let Jenny hide somewhere until I'm done...

Nice thinking!! Problem with that would be:
1> The island was overwhelmed with The7 troops, chances of Jenny being found are very likely
2> Till you find escape road, Jenny would still be where you left her to hide.. so double the walking and till point 1 occurs.. you'd be very unlucky!

But still.. gotta hand it to you for good thinking!

Dr Klowneus
20th Nov 2009, 18:36
"I Dont leave people to Burn, Not anymore", This was the best thing Kane said in the game, and it marks the point where Kane is sorta redeemed, I thought Shelley was a cool character, and i hope he's in the sequel, along with tharpa.

Falkenwut
20th Nov 2009, 18:43
"I Dont leave people to Burn, Not anymore", This was the best thing Kane said in the game, and it marks the point where Kane is sorta redeemed, I thought Shelley was a cool character, and i hope he's in the sequel, along with tharpa.

Agreed on Kane's redemption. If Shelly where to return, at least severly wounded (like Kane's little brother (from the7)).

Tharpa I doubt he would return.. He was released from prison by Kane, and gave up the mercenary life for good. If he had to return... I guess as a target of sorts... Like he owed lots of cash, couldn't pay back, Kane and / or Lynch sent to clean him up.... with a bowling ball :lol:

Kent-45
20th Nov 2009, 19:03
This doesn't belong in the Dog Days forum. This belongs in the KL1 forum

TheMoD
20th Nov 2009, 19:13
Noones on the K&L1 forums anymore so I guess it's ok if we post this here

Kent-45
21st Nov 2009, 02:15
Kane & Lynch has been talked to death. There's no new light that can be shed on any of it. Seriously... The game has been dissected a million times over, and it really doesn't belong here.

It would make sense if you discuss Kane & Lynch's themes and concepts in the context of Kane & Lynch 2... but a poll discussing the last level of Kane & Lynch 1? Doesn't belong here folks. No offense.

FreedomPhantom
23rd Nov 2009, 17:09
I would have went to the village and i did that in the game

Kinda messed up to leave all your comrades

Bevacur
24th Nov 2009, 00:14
I would have went to the village and i did that in the game

Kinda messed up to leave all your comrades

In the end they are all "Dead men" so your basically helping them die a little earlier.

brownwolf007
30th Dec 2009, 08:24
I'd leave them behind, but what about afterwards? you cant live a normal life when your a wanted man and you're daughter hates you, and what about Lynch, Shelly, and Rific? if somehow one made it out alive wouldnt you think they would want revenge?