PDA

View Full Version : Fan sites

Keir
19th Nov 2009, 11:05
Hey everyone...

I thought I'd start this to invite people to post links to their K&L fansites. That way everyone at IO can see your talent and it might also help give people a bit of traffic.

We're working on a nice K&L2 fankit to help with the building of fansites which we'll give out to webmasters, and we'll also make sure that those who dedicate the time to running a site get some nice exclusives and a hotline to IO and Square.

Acid_Burn
19th Nov 2009, 11:09
So, i'll go first. :)
http://www.deadmen.ru/en

My site about K&L. You can find a lot of stuff about the first game (Dead Men) there. Even, unseen before arts. And, of course, there will be as much as possible stuff from Dog Days.
Also, there's a forum. There's not so many people right now. ;)

DrDoom
19th Nov 2009, 15:16
I'll look into it, I do believe I have to create a working website for a final in one of my web development classes, why not make it about a something I enjoy.

Mercenary of The 7
19th Nov 2009, 15:18
Awesome site, Acid. Never heard the interrogation audio before. Superb voice acting.

Keir
19th Nov 2009, 15:32
I'll look into it, I do believe I have to create a working website for a final in one of my web development classes, why not make it about a something I enjoy.

That'd be cool, myself and IO would support you with assets and stuff so you could populate it with some cool info. We'd look at getting a link up on kaneandlynch.com to your site as well to give you some traffic :)

Awesome site, Acid. Never heard the interrogation audio before. Superb voice acting.

Agreed, awesome site http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/w/worships.gif

Falkenwut
19th Nov 2009, 15:50
Yeah, Acid burn's site is one of the best fansites for Kane and Lynch (probably the only 1 out there!).. Keep up the good work Acid!

GrievousOdyssey
19th Nov 2009, 17:26
*streches thy arms on thee couch* ...

I think i'll stick to this fine piece of land ...

By the way , anyone knows why the previous Kane & Lynch fan site was ... abandoned ? ...

Keir
19th Nov 2009, 17:34
By the way , anyone knows why the previous Kane & Lynch fan site was ... abandoned ? ...

Yep, I spoke to eDome recently. He had a major database nightmare with his forum that lead to data loss and now he's busy with his studies (which are more important that Kane & Lynch - but only just) so he doesn't have time to maintain it these days. Real shame. I'll still make sure he gets a free copy of the game for his hard work though.

GrievousOdyssey
19th Nov 2009, 17:46
I hate data losses ... what an unfair misfortune ...

*salute* ...

dark_angel_7
19th Nov 2009, 18:12
Keir does that mean we'll all get free copies of the game if we make a fan site? Joke :p

I don't have much time but I know how to create a site. I might give it a try in holidays, keep me busy until I can waste away my life playing the game 24/7. :D

P.S. - Will fansites be shown on the official site, via a link?

Acid_Burn
19th Nov 2009, 20:28
Thank you :) I tried to do my best.
Of course, Keir and Nicl helped me a lot with some content.
Anyway, on the forum you can see more interesting stuff.
Like this. (http://www.deadmen.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=146)

Falkenwut
19th Nov 2009, 20:39
Very niiiice!!!!

Keir
19th Nov 2009, 21:32
Keir does that mean we'll all get free copies of the game if we make a fan site? Joke :p

Yes, frankly. If the fansite is genuinely up to scratch you'll get more than just a copy of the game. IOI and Eidos are all for rewarding members of the community that show real devotion.

JD_Method
19th Nov 2009, 21:41
Yes, frankly. If the fansite is genuinely up to scratch you'll get more than just a copy of the game. IOI and Eidos are all for rewarding members of the community that show real devotion.

Can I have a free copy? :D

DrDoom
19th Nov 2009, 23:33
Working on a couple ideas now. If it goes further then that, is up in the air right now.

Nick@IO
20th Nov 2009, 08:56

I'm seconding that. I'm trying to get my hands on some cool swag for the community and obviously those who spread the love of our two murderous friends will be first in line to get some of that action. I also have some old things from KL1 at the office, which I'll start handing out once I get back from paternity leave in January.

So, start creating those sites and we'll do all we can to give you lots of goodies.

Dr Klowneus
20th Nov 2009, 12:18
if anyone needs help with a fansite, i'm a graphic designer, and i'd be willing to help,

Keir
20th Nov 2009, 12:28
which I'll start handing out once I get back from paternity leave in January.

Man, I need to knock someone up :D

Dr Klowneus
20th Nov 2009, 12:49
So, i'll go first. :)
http://www.deadmen.ru/en

Wow Acid Burn, your website is hella cool:cool:

Acid_Burn
20th Nov 2009, 13:54
Thanks ;)