PDA

View Full Version : Bugs and Glitches

Sen_Auditore
15th Aug 2012, 00:26
Has anyone noticed Wedge, Biggs, and Jesse have their mouths gapaing open the whole time?!

arubino99
15th Aug 2012, 00:26
They did that on the original PC release as well if you used the enhanced graphics at the time.

Yeah, it's kind of odd... Jessie especially looks like one of those adult plastic dolls.

Sen_Auditore
15th Aug 2012, 00:29
They did that on the original PC release as well if you used the enhanced graphics at the time.

Yeah, it's kind of odd... Jessie especially looks like one of those adult plastic dolls.

Hahha, thats so damn horrible! Although I notice that some NPC models are the same as well. I dont remember em being like that in the PSX versions.

arubino99
15th Aug 2012, 00:37
They weren't like that in PSX. Only on the PC port.

There's a few other differences too. I think you have a lower chance of encountering Yuffie directly after Kalm in the PC version. Also the Roller Coaster mini-game is easier. Few others things, but I can't remember them all.

Sen_Auditore
15th Aug 2012, 00:41
They weren't like that in PSX. Only on the PC port.

There's a few other differences too. I think you have a lower chance of encountering Yuffie directly after Kalm in the PC version. Also the Roller Coaster mini-game is easier. Few others things, but I can't remember them all.

And thats what I LOVE! Thats why I have a US, EU, JPN, Int JPN, Greatest hits US, PSN, and now PC version! There are so many small key differances that make it so fun! Finding those little treasures!

Grimoire
15th Aug 2012, 03:52
That terrible old bug... ^_^'

Either way, even though I too purchased and installed this version of the game, it still looks like nothing beats a PSX emulator if you want it on PC (since the original PC release isn't compatible with later versions of Windows).

Sen_Auditore
15th Aug 2012, 12:24
That terrible old bug... ^_^'

Either way, even though I too purchased and installed this version of the game, it still looks like nothing beats a PSX emulator if you want it on PC (since the original PC release isn't compatible with later versions of Windows).

Eh, Im not too concerned, Ive got it on PS1, PS3 and PSP, so I have plenty of differant versions, I think its awfully fun to see al these differances XD

Grimoire
16th Aug 2012, 11:18
True.

Hmm...I just hope Vincent won't look like he's jumping around on one leg, kicking Aerith in the face again...that is not a very pleasant bug. -_-

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 14:45
True.

Hmm...I just hope Vincent won't look like he's jumping around on one leg, kicking Aerith in the face again...that is not a very pleasant bug. -_-

Hahahha! I would pay money to see that bug!

Grimoire
16th Aug 2012, 15:14
... -__-

Here you go. www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JqMgYYbKQc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JqMgYYbKQc)

Quadocky
16th Aug 2012, 15:16
I never knew it was a glitch or a problem. It was normal to me as FF7 for the PC was the only version I've ever played.

I think their mouths were always open, it was just hard to see them in the low resoultion on the playstation.

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 15:18
... -__-

Here you go. www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JqMgYYbKQc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JqMgYYbKQc)

Hahahaha, thank you thank you oh god thank you! Ill have to see if they fixed it when I get there.

Grimoire
16th Aug 2012, 15:21
The characters had their mouths closed in the PS version, the PC ports is full of glitches like these.

Battle models don't make it any better: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdbegstTIg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdbegstTIg)

Do not thank me. Especially not in this case... -___-

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 15:23
The characters had their mouths closed in the PS version, the PC ports is full of glitches like these.

Battle models don't make it any better: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdbegstTIg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbdbegstTIg)

Do not thank me. Especially not in this case... -___-

Oh dear lord ahahaha, this is too much.

Grimoire
16th Aug 2012, 15:24
Indeed. It really ruins the tragic scene, does it not?

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 15:27
Indeed. It really ruins the tragic scene, does it not?

Not really x3 Not when youve experianced that scene at least 20 times. I feel bad for any new players though.

Grimoire
16th Aug 2012, 15:29
I still find it rather...*Shakes his head*

(I didn't raise my son to waltz around kicking girls.)

Either way, I don't think I will replay the PC version anytime soon, so do go ahead and see if this terrible disaster has been erased or not.

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 15:34
I still find it rather...*Shakes his head*

(I didn't raise my son to go around kicking girls.)

Either way, I don't think I will replay the PC version anytime soon, so do go ahead and see if this terrible disaster has been erased or not.

Well remember, Vincent is a prime example of what sons shouldnt grow up to be, in there 60's and dating 19 year olds. I just blame Vincent. And I have fun simply because its a differant version.

Grimoire
16th Aug 2012, 15:39
-_-'

...As father as son.

At least he's stuck at 27, and Yuffie had a chance to catch up with him a little before DC, otherwise it would have been 27/16 instead of 27/19.

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 15:41
-_-'

...As father as son.

At least he's stuck at 27, and Yuffie had a chance to catch up with him a little before DC, otherwise it would have been 27/16 instead of 27/19.

Whoops, I typoed that, I meant shouldnt be but yeah it could have been worse, yet he is still 60 in biological terms. Yet because he looks 27, no one makes fuss XD Amazing how society is based on the outside.

Grimoire
16th Aug 2012, 15:48
Can't say that. After he was given Chaos and the Protomateria, he slept through the rest of his years...not much of a life, huh? Even though he was born 60 years before the events of DC, he hasn't actually aged one day since he was killed.

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 15:51
Can't say that. After he was given Chaos and the Protomateria, he slept through the rest of his years...not much of a life, huh? Even though he was born 60 years before the events of DC, he hasn't actually aged one day since he was killed.

Numbers numbers x3 Regardless, I cant wait to see if the glitch is in there, are there any other popular hilarious glitches for the PC version?

Grimoire
16th Aug 2012, 15:59
I am quite fond of numbers.

Let's see...nothing that severe, I think...

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 16:01
I am quite fond of numbers.

Let's see...nothing that severe, I think...

Ill keep my eye out then.

RedMageBill
24th Sep 2012, 16:16
Hello, not sure is there is a bug report forum ...

I just got back to Wutai, and I noticed that the Magic Hammer enemy skill no longer gives my characters the MP points, but the Razor Weeds still got them when they used the skill. Is this intentional?

I am having intermitent problems saving my game, I open the save menu and sometimes the save files just are not there (times when I don't see the save sync notification) which makes me think I don't actualy have any local copies of my save games. Since I am only planning to play this game on this computer right now, is there a setting where I can start saving local copies?

RedMageBill
25th Sep 2012, 01:10
Red XIII's Blood Fang Limit Break also does not seem to return any hp or mp when used. I am guessing that no vampire type effects function correctly in this new version.

Edit: Yeah, the MP Absorb support materia also does not function.

RedMageBill
25th Sep 2012, 22:07
Is anyone else having the same issue? Or did I get a bad download?

Edit: Odd, the effects started working last night.

perolo
27th Jan 2013, 17:11
Any patch to fix "mouth open" ???

Grimoire
27th Jan 2013, 17:16
I would like to know that, too. Can the new PC release surpass the original one?

perolo
27th Jan 2013, 19:14
img803.imageshack.us/img803/6057/sephi****> (http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/6057/sephi.jpg)

see, Sephiroth was ridiculous...

Grimoire
28th Jan 2013, 02:26
I can't deny that this particular glitch is perhaps the most obvious one, and that I was almost hoping for it to have been corrected for the new release.