PDA

View Full Version : The Canon Ending

DrDoom
19th Nov 2009, 03:32
Well with two endings being possible at the end of Kane and Lynch, I've always questioned which ending were they gonna use.

Well I think it's pretty obvious now that they chose the ending Kane goes back for Lynch and team.

Wouldn't this mean his daughter is dead then? After all at that ending I thought it at least looked like she was.

If that's true the fact that Kane has basically lost all of his family would most likely cause some type of strain to himself.

So what do you think, there a chance we might see an even more ruthless Kane in the second?

Dr Klowneus
19th Nov 2009, 09:26
I always thought that ending was considered Cannon, I dont see why Lynch would have anything to do with Kane in the sequel if he just left them to burn

Falkenwut
19th Nov 2009, 11:34
I have to say the 2nd ending is the official. Kane had to do a horrific choice. Either let his comrades die again, and be haunted for the rest of his life; or save his comrades in risk of his daughter and gain inner peace.

If he chose to leave his comrades to die, kane wouldn't be able to live with himself, Jenny would resent him worse and worse then before and probably kill himself... knowing he'd deserve it.

If he chose to save his comrades, he'd show to himself that he's able to do the right thing... Jenny's death was the ultimate price (unless she's just badly wounded).

In my opinion she should be dead. It makes the consequences show clearly in the kane and lynch world. Just like Father Vittorio was a realisation for Agent 47. He knew that he could not find inner peace, he was not made to end his career.

GrievousOdyssey
19th Nov 2009, 17:16
*applauding* ...

Very true ...

As for the 'ruthlessness' of Kane ... did you watched the first teaser ? he was beating a dog ! that's inhumane cruelty right there ! ...

Note this however ...
The game could have both ending as canons ...

Suppose that the game actually begins with the end of chapter fifteenth , and your first objective would be to make that choice again , only this time you get to play on and see the full consequence effect ...
(plus it gives even more replayability to the game) ...

DrDoom
19th Nov 2009, 23:37
The only problem with that, is one side wouldn't have Lynch and the other would. That's a big difference that would make almost completely different games.

Kent-45
20th Nov 2009, 00:38
The simple fact that Kane & Lynch are together in the sequel prove that the canon ending is null.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Nov 2009, 13:41
The only problem with that, is one side wouldn't have Lynch and the other would. That's a big difference that would make almost completely different games.
The helicopter escape ending doesn't mean Lynch is out of the picture , the game can begin with him going to village , rambo style , to save a disgusted Shelly , before vowing to hunt down Kane the traitor ... nothing says Lynch can't be present in this storyline ...

However indeed , the fact that it'll almost be like two different games is the point of this idea ...
Though i doubt there will be enough time and resources to pull off this size of a project ...

Note that even though today we saw this new rumor that poped on the internet ...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=227836

Yet it still doesn't clarify which ending is the canon one ...

I guess it's too soon to tell , and that's fine by me ...

Kent-45
20th Nov 2009, 14:58
Don't kid yourself. Kane didn't get on that chopper.

GrievousOdyssey
20th Nov 2009, 15:14
He didn't , or rather , he didn't get on that chopper For The Sake Of The Drama ...

If you are Kane (as i am Lynch) ...
Would you really risk your daughter's life in order to prove that you're not a completely bad person ? ...
What exactly is more important to you , Kane ? ...
Your daughter , your only link to the normal world ? ...
Or what your daughter thinks of you ? ...
You already abandoned her for fourteen years , how do you intend to repay your mistakes ? you know she hates you , you know whatever it is that you do she wouldn't want to be with you ...
What will you do ? Either leave with her , she might hate you even more but at least you'll be keeping her safe ... or risk everyone's life in order to prove to her that you're just a psychopathic and ruthless murderer and not a psychopathic and ruthless murdering traitor ? ...

Tell me , Adam ...
Deep down , what ... would ... you ... do ? ...

Falkenwut
20th Nov 2009, 16:45
Gotta agree with gnr about the village ending for the sequel. I doubt the game would be KANE AND LYNCH 2... That would be like... Lynch: revenge against Kane... or something...

Kent-45
21st Nov 2009, 03:35
First off... read the language here:

puts you in control of self-medicated nutter Lynch, who according to the story has gone to find peace in Shanghai before discovering it's actually the "perfect playground for expat criminals".

No mention of Kane here. It can be assumed that they split up after the boat ride in Cuba ended. I'm guessing it's been at least a few months, if not several years since the events of the first game.

Going to Shanghai is clearly a "Lynch idea" ... Kane wouldn't do stupid **** like that. somehow Kane is going to get dragged into Lynch's endeavors though. I'm just not sure the dots are there yet to be connected. I will wait until they release more information.

The helicopter escape ending doesn't mean Lynch is out of the picture , the game can begin with him going to village , rambo style , to save a disgusted Shelly , before vowing to hunt down Kane the traitor ... nothing says Lynch can't be present in this storyline ...

Dude, I'm really trying to suspend disbelief for you here... but it's just not working. Lynch would *never* go back to save Shelly. Shelly repeatedly calls Lynch a wife-killer throughout the game, and Lynch responds "**** you preacher boy, you don't know ****"

From the blurbs about Kane & Lynch 2, we know that Kane & Lynch will be working together in the sequel. The teaser village of the Burger Restaurant also confirm this. If Kane & Lynch are working together, that means that they fought their way to the dock... Kane's daughter died... and that the sequel is ignoring the events of the canon ending.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2009, 13:14
It isn't exactly 'Shelly' that Lynch will be saving , but rather his set of principles and/or sense of honor ...
As much as he is a out-of-patience and angry man , Lynch respects (if not live by) the sense of 'loyalty' ... Lynch cared about The Vaultbreaker , horrified when he saw the cubans dying like flies in Havana , disgusted by Kane's decision to keep Carlos alive , and most importantly he was eager to run off to the village and save (what is left) of their men ...

Doesn't matter if Shelly is the one who is still standing , Lynch HAS TO save him , in order to prove that there's a difference between a 'traitor' and a 'murderer' , and to live by his principles (so that he can sleep a lil bit sleep easier at night , he already has got his share of regrets)...

Falkenwut
21st Nov 2009, 13:43
Have to disagree gnr.. HEAVILY
Kane got these people together to get back at the7.. all of them.. None of them care of eachother...
If Kane took the helicopter, Lynch would try to find the quickest way out. Lynch would care less about Shelly... not the least bit! Lynch does not have the moral standpoint you're pointing at.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2009, 14:12
And Why would Lynch want to leave now ? ...
Because The7 and Reto-Moto are dead ? common ...
Kane didn't wanted Lynch to come with him , Lynch insisted to join this doomed expedition ...

And wait ...
If Lynch didn't give a damn about the men in the village ...
Why was he always trying to contact them ? ...
Why wasn't he already sitting in the helicopter ? ...
Why was he standing on the stairs to that leads to the burning village ? ...
Why didn't he escaped with Kane on the helicopter ? ...
Kane didn't told Lynch to **** off , Lynch didn't wanted to leave , why is this so hard to understand ? ...
He doesn't leave people to die ! ...
He already saw (and let) Kane do it once with The Vaultbreaker ...
He isn't going to repeat this mistake ...

Falkenwut
21st Nov 2009, 14:19
Hmm.. interesting perspective... I guess you're right.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2009, 14:24
Well we can't always be a hundred per cent sure on what the characters/people have on their mind , but i like these discussions where we all give our different interpretations ...

Not to mention we're on a ******* video game forum haha ...
Guess everything is possible ...

Kent-45
21st Nov 2009, 15:46
Have to disagree gnr.. HEAVILY
Kane got these people together to get back at the7.. all of them.. None of them care of eachother...
If Kane took the helicopter, Lynch would try to find the quickest way out. Lynch would care less about Shelly... not the least bit! Lynch does not have the moral standpoint you're pointing at.

You're exactly right Falkenwut. In fact I couldn't have said it better myself.

If Lynch didn't give a damn about the men in the village ...
Why was he always trying to contact them ? ...

It was the "job at hand" ... Lynch knows that contacting the men means a better likelihood of him surviving this ordeal. It's not brotherly love that's motivating Lynch's actions. Lynch, as well as the other men, don't even think they should be there. If anything, Lynch is showing twisted loyalty to Kane through his concern about the men. The men are their ticket out of there, because they don't have the firepower to do it alone. If they did, they'd never have brought Shelly, Rific, and Tharpa along.

Why wasn't he already sitting in the helicopter ? ...

Again, Lynch has the most "normalized" sense of morality of all of them. Remember that Lynch is not a mercenary, he doesn't think like a mercenary. He would not leave the men behind unless one of two things happened: Kane left him or Kane died - He has no attachment to the men whatsoever. His statements "Should've taken the ******* chopper" at the end, toward Kane, are just the developers making a point.... Kane can't win. If he gets on the chopper, he'll get **** for it. If he stays and fights, he'll get **** for it. That's the point here.... Kane is an unstoppable force slamming into an immovable object, and Kane is too stubborn to quit. Lynch wants to go back and get the men for practical reasons, whether he knows it or not. Remember that Lynch is just an average guy in all these. Average people are generally loyal to people they work with. Lynch is no different.

Why was he standing on the stairs to that leads to the burning village ? ...

The sarcastic answer would be, because the game spawned him there. The other answer would be... see my first response for the reasons as to why Lynch wants to go back.

Why didn't he escaped with Kane on the helicopter ? ...

Again, the game implies that there's not enough room on the helicopter... I don't think you can read too much into this, other than an oversight on the part of the developers. I think it's plausible that Lynch would escape with Kane, if given the opportunity, but I don't think the opportunity is there. Kane only cares about his daughter.

Kane didn't told Lynch to off , Lynch didn't wanted to leave , why is this so hard to understand ? ...

I don't think there's anything hard to understand about this. When Lynch's "deal" with The7 collapsed, Lynch had nothing left to lose. "You just wanna stay alive." Kane accuses him, and Kane is right. Lynch adopts Kane's sense of revenge and applies it to his own situation, but the reality is that Lynch is staying for practical/survival reasons. Lynch knows that Kane has made it this far without dying, against really bad odds, and he's still alive. Lynch isn't stupid, he's not going to quit on a good thing.

He doesn't leave people to die ! ...

Who? Lynch? Lynch absolutely left the vaultbreaker to die. He could have made an issue about it but this just proves the point I made with my first response. Lynch's loyalty to "the men" is practical, not emotional. He does not care about the men, anymore than Kane does.

He already saw (and let) Kane do it once with The Vaultbreaker ...

See above.

He isn't going to repeat this mistake ...

Mistake? The van was leaking gas. If they had stayed it would have exploded and killed them all. That was no mistake at all, it was what they had to do to stay alive.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2009, 00:59
Now look at this , besides talking more about Kane instead of Lynch , you're also contradicting yourself ...

I mean , all i said was that he had to save the dying men , after that he can shoot them for dress code violation for all i care ...
Lynch needed to convince himself he is doing the 'right' thing ...
The reason he joined Kane was because he didn't wanted to end his trip on that depressing note (being responsible for the death of another man's wife) ...
That doesn't necessarily mean he is a emotional man , of course not ...

But in any case , let's not sink too deep into that hole before we forget how we got there in the first place (i could make a comment on just about every line you wrote , but that wouldn't be very ... i don't know , interesting ? anywya)...

Instead tell me , what do you think Lynch will be doing once Kane leaves with his daughter ?...
Escape ? of course (he won't be making a campfire for sure)...
And how will he do that ?...

All by himself , i mean ...

Kent-45
22nd Nov 2009, 01:06
What would Lynch do without Kane's level-headedness? Go to Shanghai and take on the criminal underworld :D

haha... no but seriously... I think Lynch's ... concern... over Kane's family is because Lynch literally adopts Kane's mission. Lynch assumes the role of protecting Jenny, and helping Kane out. Along the way he kinda gets into it, and forgets that he doesn't *have* to be there I think.

I mean what's the alternative for Lynch. After his deal falls through it's either:

A. Go back on the run, by yourself
B. Follow this crazy one-eyed bastard into the depths of Cuba

He picked B... can't really blame him.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2009, 01:24
"We" don't blame him ...

Society however wants him hanged ...

And yet he stills prefer to go to shanghai *facepalm* what the hell is wrong with him ? ...

Yesterday he was still just a average guy with a gun and a high body count ...
Now he wants to take over an entire mob underworld ? ...

You know what , i think it doesn't matter which ending was the canon one , we should concentrate on how did Lynch ever managed to make such a bold decision ...

Or better yet , how the **** did he ever managed to reach shanghai ?! ...

No , " he swimmed there " isn't a good answer ...

Kent-45
22nd Nov 2009, 01:41
what intrigues me is the possibility that Kane & Lynch 2 will have a canon ending as well.

Falkenwut
22nd Nov 2009, 01:47
Or better yet , how the **** did he ever managed to reach shanghai ?! ...

No , " he swimmed there " isn't a good answer ...
Don't forget the boats....

what intrigues me is the possibility that Kane & Lynch 2 will have a canon ending as well.

Let's Hope so!!! More replayable value :D