PDA

View Full Version : Dont turn this game into a comedy! more disturbing hallucinations for lynch please!

Bevacur
18th Nov 2009, 19:08
Please i beg you Eidos do not turn Kane and Lynch 2 into a game with light comedy!

After i just watched the video where Lynch slips over is attacked by a dog and then kane waddles along with a plastic tray and beats it like silly, this video gave off impressions that there "might" be some comedy in the sequel.

I beg you please keep the same tone as it was in Kane and Lynch 1 as i loved the dark and violent setting. All serious no jokes at all.

Another question is will Lynch still have hallucinations? I loved the scene in the bank where you see officers with pig heads but this made me laugh and it wasnt disturbing AT ALL. It is supposed to be a disturbing scene where you hear Lynch losing it please make it more creepier like i dunno women who look mutilated carrying machete's (i only said this as it seems Lynch hates women well according to a thread in the original forums the art of kane and lynch i think its called)

MARCOtheDUDE
18th Nov 2009, 19:24
I wouldn't worry about comedy. Here's what IGN has posted...

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days promises an "even more intense story experience" as the notorious criminal duo make their way through Shanghai's shady underworld. According to developer IO Interactive, the game draws its inspiration from documentary filmmakers and the user-generated era to introduce a new visual experience that focuses on "intensity" and "realism".

Of the announcement, Niels Jørgensen, general manager of IO Interactive said, "Gamers are always looking for something new and that is exactly what they are going to get with Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. A special thanks to gamers worldwide for their feedback. They are certainly in for a shock as we, with immense pride, welcome back our two dear, violent and somewhat unfortunate friends."

I don't get what you find funny about two naked men running from a dog and probably the Chinese mob or police? I'm sure they were fleeing for the lives and not just streaking.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 19:43
This Man (Bevacur) Speaks The TRUTH ! ...

The first viral video is funny , i mean just look at it : Lynch falls down , clumsily , then gets bitten by a angry dog that pops out of nowhere ...
The second video is hilarious , common , look at Lynch's calmness ... don't even think of the bowling ball , just look at how calm and organized Lynch is ... all we need is having him start whistling ...

As for Lynch's hallucination , yes , despite the dramatic set piece of a man shooting at all directions because of fear ... the hallucination itself is not frightening at all , it would be more effective if the pig heads would run towards Lynch with arms waving about , or have them jump at him , at least that'll give you a good reason to pull the trigger ...

Bevacur
18th Nov 2009, 19:49
I wouldn't worry about comedy. Here's what IGN has posted...

I don't get what you find funny about two naked men running from a dog and probably the Chinese mob or police? I'm sure they were fleeing for the lives and not just streaking.

It may not be to you but to me its giving me a vibe of maybe dark humour, i seriously hope this game has NO humour at all, i enjoyed the seriousness and the violent tone of Kane and Lynch 1 i just hope they make it even more grittier and darker.

I really hope Lynch has much more violent and horrific hallucinations as they are not supposed to be wierd and strange but creepy and disturbing.
The pig heads were not creepy, i even laughed at that scene as it looks so stupid the graphics engine did not help either.

Thanks for the link i hope they stay true to the shocking gritty setting.

I want to see Lynch actually lose his marbles and get so p*ssed of.

Kane and Lynch scrabbled i want to see more scrabbling and maybe little fights like shoving or maybe picking up bits of debris and throw it at each other with abit of harsh language.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 20:19
This Man (Bevacur) Speaks The TRUTH ! ...

The first viral video is funny , i mean just look at it : Lynch falls down , clumsily , then gets bitten by a angry dog that pops out of nowhere ...
The second video is hilarious , common , look at Lynch's calmness ... don't even think of the bowling ball , just look at how calm and organized Lynch is ... all we need is having him start whistling ...

As for Lynch's hallucination , yes , despite the dramatic set piece of a man shooting at all directions because of fear ... the hallucination itself is not frightening at all , it would be more effective if the pig heads would run towards Lynch with arms waving about , or have them jump at him , at least that'll give you a good reason to pull the trigger ...

Just watched the second video again ...
Now it's Lynch's head that looks cartoony , what the hell ? ...

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 20:23
Gotta disagree with you gnr, I think it's just the fact he's made of graphics...

AS for humour.. I think the game will have some crude humour... but I doubt it's going to make the whole game a laughing experience. Maybe giggle at some points but still...

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 20:26
He looks even younger than in Dead Men ! ...

Wait ...
Could this be ... a prequel ? ...

*enters the twilight zone* ...

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 20:30
Oh please not a prequel :( well he looks out of shape... But I think your theory of him looking younger could be from his hair... Looks a little shorter...

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 20:34
Wait ...
What's wrong with a prequel ? ...

(for all we know the game can still be half prequel half sequel) ...

Cmd_lupin
18th Nov 2009, 20:44
Wait ...

For all that is sacred! Don't make it half prequel/ half sequel! Don't start off in the end of the first, and in the middle of the game, go back for some sort of prequel.

If they start the game with a scene that has some nostalgia to the first, but the "in media res" technique is aplied to somewhere after OR before the first one, I might be OK with it. Keep in mind, though, to keep it only a sequel OR prequel, not both.

Bevacur
18th Nov 2009, 20:47
Wait ...

Personally i like to know what happens to Kane and Lynch after they leave the island, and what about the police?

Should they not be looking for Kane and Lynch after the mass murdering they have been doing through out the game? Surely someone would of noticed its Kane and Lynch when they got onto a plane to china(I dont even know if they got on a plane just guessing) and what about their death sentences? they must of atleast put prices on their head and maybe Kane and Lynch are trying to remove it?

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 20:48
Well flash back levels can be interesting ...

And yeah , how did they ever reached shanghai ? ...
Swimming ? ...

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 20:52
Prequels are a little too over-used in my opinion.. too many games have that nowadays. If they do footage of some kind about their past, that's fine, but it annoys me to see the whole game from the past.

Cmd_lupin
18th Nov 2009, 20:53
Well flash back levels can be interesting ...
If, and ONLY, if the flashbacks are not overdone. Apart from that, I agree with you. They could even help to explain some minor plot hole in the story.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 20:56
Prequels are a little too over-used in my opinion.. too many games have that nowadays.

Perhaps , but you and i both know if IO does it , it's bound to be an interesting experience , if not good ...

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 20:58
Perhaps , but you and i both know if IO does it , it's bound to be an interesting experience , if not good ...

Agreed.. Or at least how Hitman presents them, as if they're "explained" from a third party perspective or flashbacks.. again... over-using is the key annoyance of prequelisation

TheMoD
18th Nov 2009, 21:17
This Man (Bevacur) The second video is hilarious , common , look at Lynch's calmness ... don't even think of the bowling ball , just look at how calm and organized Lynch is ... all we need is having him start whistling

I'm sure there's a reason for everything, he might be on drugs or it might be some sort of throwback to when Lynch was younger (because in that vid he does look alot younger to me o.O)
Kane and lynch 2 is not going to be funny, that would be weeeeiird :)

Bevacur
18th Nov 2009, 21:21
I'm sure there's a reason for everything, he might be on drugs or it might be some sort of throwback to when Lynch was younger (because in that vid he does look alot younger to me o.O)
Kane and lynch 2 is not going to be funny, that would be weeeeiird :)

Same to me, i remember reading somewhere that Lynch was supposed to be a big build but in the video it looks like maybe abit podgy but you can see his muscles in his arms when he is about to launch the bowling ball into the door.

TheMoD
18th Nov 2009, 22:29
Ok I just noticed in the bottom left corner of the vid it says '2009-3-1' so it can't be a throwback...

Kent-45
21st Nov 2009, 03:48
A lot of people seem to be referring to Lynch's hallucinations as some kind of acid trip, or something he can't control. His "hallucinations" are not hallucinations of insanity or someone out of control... they are a manifestation of his paranoia. He is a paranoid schizophrenic, and the fact that he sees cops as pigs is an example of his paranoia. Lynch thinks the police are out to get him, and he sees all non combatants as threats as police.

The game doesn't elaborate this very well but what the developers are trying to say is that this is sort of a justification for Lynch's actions. If he sees bank employees as cops, even if they aren't, it makes sense that he'd shoot ALL of them on a whim. He sees cops as monsters, so it makes sense that he'd kill them and not hesitate.

Note how all through the first game, Lynch doesn't make any mention of his hallucinations... even during his "episodes" ... Lynch isn't affected by this at all. His twisted perspective is meant to be subtle, not like some light switch from sanity to insanity.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2009, 13:23
It is also noteworthy to mention that in co-op mode , we Can trigger his hallucinating 'vision' at will (though you do need a handful of cops first) ...

I mainly trigger it just for the cool near-black-and-white filter ...

But anywya , people have to understand that acid trip doesn't equal hallucinations ...
It's just that in films and video games it is much easier to show a man seeing flying pink elephants than showing a man who see 'normal things' even though they didn't really happen ...

Yeah i'm not making this any easier to understand am i ? ...

Falkenwut
21st Nov 2009, 13:31
It is also noteworthy to mention that in co-op mode , we Can trigger his hallucinating 'vision' at will (though you do need a handful of cops first) ...

I mainly trigger it just for the cool near-black-and-white filter ...

But anywya , people have to understand that acid trip doesn't equal hallucinations ...
It's just that in films and video games it is much easier to show a man seeing flying pink elephants than showing a man who see 'normal things' even though they didn't really happen ...

Yeah i'm not making this any easier to understand am i ? ...

I have to disagree with choosing Hallucination vision at will. I doubt that Lynch's Hallucinations could be seen when he decided to. It's best they pop up when least expected and at the worst of times... Like talking to kane, he begins seeing him as a cop.. and starts to attack him.. or something...

Note: I totally believe in Murphy's law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_law

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2009, 14:01
I never said it was a good idea , i was mainly stating what you can do in Dead Men ...

Note on Murphy's Law : As much as i am a pessimistic person , and as much as i'm always superstitious about "something bad is going to happen and i don't know how to fix the situation" ... i find this sentence : "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." ... quite ... unoriginal ...

I mean seriously we needed a "Murphy's Law" to point that out ? ...

Falkenwut
21st Nov 2009, 14:21
I only wanted to point murphy's law that:
When something wrong is going to happen.. IT WILL HAPPEN.. at the wrong time and place...
So... Having hallucinations at the statements of that law... makes it more dramatic and enjoyable.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Nov 2009, 14:26
Ah yes silly me ...

*pulls out microphone*

LONG LIVE THE DRAMA ! ...

Kent-45
21st Nov 2009, 15:25
Back on topic. I understand what the OP is trying to say when he says "don't turn this game into a comedy"

having Kane & Lynch run around naked is, like it or not, dark comedy. The original game was almost completely devoid of comedy, in fact most of it was in the form of the viral videos that they released.

I want to allay your fears and say that IOInteractive know how to make dark games. I have faith in them. I think we're going to see a much darker, grittier game than even the original. I wouldn't worry about it. However I would expect some witty/slightly comedic back-and-forth between Kane & Lynch though. That's just a given.

GrievousOdyssey
22nd Nov 2009, 01:02
I'm terribly surprised you didn't even mention once about the Mini Ninjas ...

Kent-45
22nd Nov 2009, 01:09
I figured I'd let you have it... you know how I roll

GrievousOdyssey
24th Nov 2009, 19:25
Funny ...

I never thought how a game can be both disturbing and comedic ...

" Gamers are always looking for something new and that is exactly what they are going to get with Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. "

Oh well i guess that really sums it all up ...