PDA

View Full Version : Hideouts , Weapon Lockers , Suits and the News ...

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 15:33
Remember in Hitman Blood Money you could buy weapon upgrades and test your weapons in a hideout ,and also you get a five thousand dollar deduction from your payment after every contract if you didn't retrieve your suit ,and last but not least ,the newspapers ?...

What if these gameplay elements are in Dog Days ?...
The game doesn't have to be like a sandbox ,but between missions you're in your safe house and you can choose your weapons ,pick your suit from the closet (and after each shootouts you'll have to buy a new suit because of the ...you know ...bullet holes),watch the news where it shows your latest carnage and such ...or also pick your missions (kind of like in Freedom Fighters)...

So does this seem like a good idea ? or is the Dead Men chapter after chapter with no pause style more suited for the Kane & Lynch franchise ? ...

And what about hiring mercenaries and bonding a relationship with them during the resting in the hideouts ? ...
A bit like in "Munich" (2005) ...

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 16:00
Agreed, Sandbox would ruin the style. But from what I've seen from the 2nd trailer, Lynch's attack seemed very... planned.. compared to the usual style... I'm presuming small asssassination-style missions. I could be wrong, but I kinda hope I'm not to be honest. And a choice of weapons? I'm not gonna mind that either!

Kent-45
18th Nov 2009, 16:22
I am not against "the sandbox" of which you guys speak. I think it's actually quite fun. The training level in Hitman Contracts was awesome! You had a gun rack with every gun, and you slowly collected them over the course of the game.

I hope Kane & Lynch 2 has a hideout where they can stash guns, ammo, and stuff and missions are handled like in Blood Money. You grab what guns/equipment you need, then hit the door to start the next mission.

I think it's almost a given that we're going to see more guns. IOInteractive *loves* their guns.

but I also think that we're going to see some improvised weapons as well... melee weapons maybe? Food trays, bowling balls... what have you.

Like I've been saying all along. The unlockabes and the multiplayer is what is gonna keep this game alive long after the release date. Make Agent 47's .45s an unlockable gun, or something, and people will keep playing.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 16:24
And a statistic menu would be nice too ...

Cmd_lupin
18th Nov 2009, 16:59
Like the previous, I'd would hate to see a "sandbox" style of game. Kane & Lynch is to story focused to make it work.

As for the weapon stash, I don't see why it couldn't work. As long as it doesn't break the story flow. (Maybe a mission where you can't go to your hideout, and are forced to use whatever you brought from the last one).

But from what I've seen from the 2nd trailer, Lynch's attack seemed very... planned.. compared to the usual style... I'm presuming small asssassination-style missions.

Perhaps some mini-games where if you do something, you can get some sort of bonus to your next mission. I.E.: If you kill a security-head, and steal his id card, You can bypass some security mechanisms (or something like that).

Kent-45
18th Nov 2009, 17:10
Like the previous, I'd would hate to see a "sandbox" style of game. Kane & Lynch is to story focused to make it work.

As for the weapon stash, I don't see why it couldn't work. As long as it doesn't break the story flow. (Maybe a mission where you can't go to your hideout, and are forced to use whatever you brought from the last one).

Perhaps some mini-games where if you do something, you can get some sort of bonus to your next mission. I.E.: If you kill a security-head, and steal his id card, You can bypass some security mechanisms (or something like that).

That's what makes it hard... I don't know what the story flow is gonna look like. This doesn't seem like a "bank robbery" game anymore, so we might be in-store for more... I wanna say.... chinese gang violence and that sorta thing. Like I said, I have no idea though. I think once they start releasing some screenshots/trailers we'll get a better idea.

I just don't see Kane & Lynch as ... hitmen... I guess. Doing assassinations and such. Kane & Lynch are both very unclean with their methods. Tearing up nightclubs, shooting through police barracades. It's all very un-hitman-like

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 18:20
As for the news section, I'd hope it's not like hitman, where it's a copy paste and you can preview it. I think best way to do it is like.. seeing posters on the wall, which vary in each mission depending ur performance like... You hear the news (in Chinese)
"2 armed gun men stormed somewhere and killed a bunch of people, police suspect 2 americans, etc....."
That would be a great way to do the news section... your thoughts people?

EDIT: Come to think of it the trailers are like security camera footage.... that could be a good way to approach this idea of mine...

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 18:52
Lynch : Kane , Kane ! ...
Kane : What the **** do you want now ?! ...
Lynch : Turn on the TV ! ...
Kane : Awe common don't ...
Lynch : Watch TV ! Watch TV ! ...
Kane : Oh alright , there , you happy ? ...
Lynch : Hey look ! We're on TV ! ...
Kane : Are you really surprised or you're just pretending ? ...
Lynch : Hey look ! We're naked ! ...
Kane : ...
Lynch : This is great ! I'm gonna post this on my youtube account ! ...
Kane : Your what ? ...
Lynch : Seriously , man , you're an old timer ...

Acid_Burn
18th Nov 2009, 19:05
I do not like the idea.
It's not Hitman. It's just Kane & just Lynch. Everything should be quick, with lots of noise, short dialogues between K&L.
Upgrading weapons? Hm... i'd like to kill a person with something that you may find on the level, but not carry it through the whole game; e.g. gun, knife, bowling ball (i loved the idea), brick, etc.
In Hitman you should think about your every move and it's consequences. In K&L - never. More consequences - more fun.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 19:27
I get your point , but i have to disagree with your saying that in Kane & Lynch we should never think of the consequences ...

If it was never about the consequences , then Lynch and Kane will be both walking tanks with huge life bars , and not two men using debris as cover and shouting whenever they enter a fire fight ...

If the game is indeed going to "deliver a fresh perspective to the word 'realism' in video games." , then yes , i think that two normal human beings who have the whole world wanting them dead will have some sort of a 'safe haven' or have suitcases carrying enough ammo and guns to get by most of the time ...

But looking for new guns everytime can get ridiculous , and having a arsenal as huge as Agent 47's isn't any better either , it must be a balance between the two (fun and realism) ...

Anywya , it'll be nice to see Kane having the same pistol from beginning to end for example ...

Cmd_lupin
18th Nov 2009, 21:03
In a different point of view:
640509-040147 is a genetically augmented agent for a "secret black issue agency". That's why he is (suposed to, you can always start a mass murder) calm, tactical and perfectionist, it's literally, in his blood.

Kane & Lynch are just two guys that, while been some really bad people, always seem to be in the worst place at the worst imaginable time. That is, in my opinion, the main reason for all the descruction that we have seen in the first.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 21:06
. . .

i can't believe it ...

a forum user who uses the hitman's full name ...
:thumb:

Cmd_lupin
18th Nov 2009, 21:15
Hehe, I have to be honest with you. I had to go check where the Hifen was located. I always forget it.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 21:22
but still ...

*continue applauding*

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 21:42
truly surprising! *applause*

Mercenary of The 7
18th Nov 2009, 23:32
And a statistic menu would be nice too ...

Ahh, I hate single-player statistics. I don't wanna see how many times I've been downed/killed, or how bad my aim is.

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 23:40
Ahh, I hate single-player statistics. I don't wanna see how many times I've been downed/killed, or how bad my aim is.

They don't annoy me to be honest, as long as it doesn't alter the game's flow. Example... you shoot like an orangatang on steroids and then you hear lynch "GREAT SHOT!"... Then again that would make sense.. but you get what I mean....

Dr Klowneus
19th Nov 2009, 12:00
Hmmm, for the main single campaign player/co-op, it would be cool if they had more unlockables, i,e like how you unlock a gamerpic for beating the game on morphine in the 360 version, it would be cool if certain acheivements unlocked Avatar clothes or stuff for home, etc

Fragile Alliance and Changing costumes based on skill was really original and i liked it, except that everyone cheated, straight away, so rather than being able to determine who was a noob you'd see people who had played 1 legitimate match get boosted into a suit, so it kinda didnt work, but it was a brilliant idea, i'd like to more characters and weapon packs, i'd particularly like a lynch weapon pack featuring a shotgun and revolver (and maybe a bowling ball:lol:l)

But most of all i'd like to see the devs make allot of effort into stopping boosting, they should throw out the truskill system, because i've never met anyone in a suit who got their legitimately, they could fix this by making suits, and costumes unlock able based on achievements both in single player and multiplayer, i cant count how many times, I've joined some random match only to be greeted by three guys in suits and ties, who kill me straight away, and then proceed to shoot each other while holding grenades, only to die seconds later, Totally Lame, i'd like to see people who do this in dog Days get banned both main accounts and other accounts:lmao: and have their gamescores wiped, and their consoles bricked, :nut: I'm only kidding but seriously though, Do something about the boosting

Falkenwut
19th Nov 2009, 12:21
Speaking of unlockables, what happened to unlocking concept art? would love to see it in this next installment!

GrievousOdyssey
19th Nov 2009, 17:20
Or how about a audio commentary ? ...
Not many game does it and yet it's more informative than most quick job developer interview videos ...