PDA

View Full Version : The forum skin...

Keir
18th Nov 2009, 14:26
....pink isn't it?

Let me know your thoughts. I don't design the skins, we have a little golum like creature we keep in the basement that is responsible for producing forum skins. He can't speak and we only pay him in baked beans but if you have any thoughts on the skin let me know and I'll pass it on.

When the first K&L2 render is released (I've seen it and it's awesome) we'll update the header graphic.

Mercenary of The 7
18th Nov 2009, 14:28
I personally kinda like the pink and black.

Nick@IO
18th Nov 2009, 14:36
Sweet skin, Keir! You rock! Thanks for all the assisting. I'll buy you a pint in Jan.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 14:36
I find it quite refreshing really ... if not disturbing (in the positive sense) ...

By the way , what's the meaning of the chinese letters under the "2" of the logo ? ...

chip5541
18th Nov 2009, 14:38
but it's pink :scratch:

Mercenary of The 7
18th Nov 2009, 14:43

With black... So it's totally MANLY!

Keir
18th Nov 2009, 14:47
I find it quite refreshing really ... if not disturbing (in the positive sense) ...

By the way , what's the meaning of the chinese letters under the "2" of the logo ? ...

I was in a meeting where that was discussed but my memory is terrible. I believe they mean 'gnrGrievous is awesome' in Chinese, either that or Dog Days, but let me check that and I'll let you know.

lol, it's a neon style pink, check out the logo on the site (which looks awesome imho). Wait till you see some of the art IO have lined up for this, it's freaking great.

Sweet skin, Keir! You rock! Thanks for all the assisting. I'll buy you a pint in Jan.

Excellent >: D*

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 14:54
Awesome memory you have there :D ...

Anywya i'll still wait for a confirmation before bragging about it all over the internet ...

Oh and do keep the pink ...
That 'other crime game' also used pink neon on the logo ...
IO can even put a pink filter in the whole game to prove our Manliness ! ...

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 15:56
If pink is the overall theme for Kane and Lynch 2: I'm cool with it. I would only request a teaser-style wallpaper for the forum.. Even just kane and Lynch next to eachother like the 1st Kane and lynch forum.

DrDoom
18th Nov 2009, 16:15
Now I am so interested in the new render for this game. Any hint on when you can release it.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 16:21
I say thanksgiving or christmas ...

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 16:34

Damn it , how could i be so stupid ! ...

It means "Dog Days" in chinese ...

Jesus *facepalm* ...

(though i must say the chinese letter for 'dog' doesn't look quite right , it's probably a simplified version) ...

Kent-45
18th Nov 2009, 17:13
Now I am so interested in the new render for this game. Any hint on when you can release it.

More and more it's looking like a June 2010 release. Maybe earlier... 2010 at the earliest

the website says "2010 release" - dunno if that's referring to the site itself or the game. Either way, I predict a mid-2010 release.

Keir
18th Nov 2009, 17:31

Can't comment on the release date of the game yet, but the render should be out in a matter of weeks. It's really awesome - very Kane & Lynch.

I'll post here when I know more.

Keir
18th Nov 2009, 17:48
Oh and thanks for the positive comments about the forum skin.

If pink is the overall theme for Kane and Lynch 2: I'm cool with it. I would only request a teaser-style wallpaper for the forum.. Even just kane and Lynch next to eachother like the 1st Kane and lynch forum.

We'll get a nice wallpaper prepared for forum members, let me chase that one up.

dark_angel_7
18th Nov 2009, 17:53
I like it, and I cant wait for the new render. :D

As for the release date I'd say Summer-Autumn of 2010 is likely. They need to give it as much positive hype as possible for the game to succeed.

Cmd_lupin
18th Nov 2009, 20:51
The forum skin is, at the very least, something original. I'm waiting for more visual elements (wallpaper, header) to make a formal, and more complete, opinion.

As to the release date, I would love it if they avoided the holiday releases.

Nick@IO
18th Nov 2009, 21:27
As Keir says - we'll release some very sexy artwork in the not too distant future, which should surely help set the tone for the game. The creative dudes at the office have outdone themselves once again.

Bevacur
18th Nov 2009, 21:39
As Keir says - we'll release some very sexy artwork in the not too distant future, which should surely help set the tone for the game. The creative dudes at the office have outdone themselves once again.

I liked the original wallpapers like the one where Kane is seen Threatening Lynch with his little knife thingy.

The wallpapers look so real.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 21:43
The full version of that wallpaper is quite magnificent indeed ...

(in the full version you see lots of dead bystanders and a very beautiful drawings of god , angels and such on the ceiling of the bank's hall) ...

TheMoD
18th Nov 2009, 22:07
The skins nice, it fits the logo

Lozzen
18th Nov 2009, 23:39
The skins nice, it fits the logo

Agreed, it shouldnt be different :)

DrDoom
19th Nov 2009, 01:28

I'll be not so patiently waiting.

Kent-45
19th Nov 2009, 03:51
I'll be not so patiently waiting.

meh... at this point, we've been waiting so long that I've given up on impatience. If I was still impatient for the release of this game I'd have gone crazy a long time ago.

I'm just happy that when I talk about Kane & Lynch 2 to my friends, they now will no longer look at me like some kind of crazy person.

GrievousOdyssey
19th Nov 2009, 17:07
I'm the living proof that patience makes you mad ...

That didn't sound as positive as i thought ...:scratch:

Keir
19th Nov 2009, 17:15
meh... at this point, we've been waiting so long that I've given up on impatience. If I was still impatient for the release of this game I'd have gone crazy a long time ago.

I'm just happy that when I talk about Kane & Lynch 2 to my friends, they now will no longer look at me like some kind of crazy person.

I'm the living proof that patience makes you mad ...

That didn't sound as positive as i thought ...:scratch:

:lol:

As long as you're not turning into medicated psychopaths (or flawed mercenaries for that matter) then it's OK.

sublime90
19th Nov 2009, 17:49
i like how it looks.

GrievousOdyssey
19th Nov 2009, 17:52
Well , at least i know who to blame if i go killing people tomorrow morning ...

It's The INTERNET ...

That or video games ...
They're both evil anywya ...