PDA

View Full Version : Kane & Lynch 2 and Steam

Kent-45
17th Nov 2009, 05:00
So here's a question that I am pondering...

We know that Kane & Lynch 1 has been interwined with Games for Windows Live (aka Xbox Live for PC) since the beginning and a while ago IOInteractive put many of their Hitman games as well as Kane & Lynch on the Steam store.

Steam as you may know is a fairly robust digital delivery system. No CD's involved. All content is downloaded and all patches/content is updated automatically.

So my question is this... do you think Kane & Lynch 2 will be readily available from the Steam store on launch? or will it be like the first game, where we have to wait a bit before getting it?

so I'm curious... To what extent is IOInteractive planning to use Steam for their future games?

Dr Klowneus
17th Nov 2009, 06:22
Arent all patches and updates downloaded automatically through GFW aswell? all updates etc, happen automatically on Xbox live, i think the purpose of putting the first one on GFW was so they could include cross platform play a feature they cut at the last minute, does mini ninjas use GFW or steam, that would probably be a good indicator as to what their next game will ship on.

Mercenary of The 7
17th Nov 2009, 06:32
Mini Ninjas uses GFW. I really hope that K&L2 will use Steam. It's definitely a lot better than GFW.

Kent-45
18th Nov 2009, 05:52
Yes... Mini Ninjas is on Steam. In fact, all the major IOInteractive titles on are Steam, except Hitman Contracts (due to some legal problems with song rights and such)

I think Steam may be a big deal for IOInteractive.

Clamps
27th Jan 2010, 21:16
Its already on steam with the videos, so im guessing steam has a good grip on the game this time around, and I expect to see it upon release so I dont have to go down to the nearest gamestop to pick up a copy

Kent-45
27th Jan 2010, 21:19
Its already on steam with the videos, so im guessing steam has a good grip on the game this time around, and I expect to see it upon release so I dont have to go down to the nearest gamestop to pick up a copy

Steam makes sense for me because I'm hoping to get Alienware's gaming netbook (no CD drive) - my only hope is that Steam plays nice with Games for Windows Live and we don't get a whole crap load of notifications and stuff that slow the game down.

astroblack
9th Feb 2010, 16:30
I'm more worried about things like achievements and DLC. It's unfortunate that PC's are often overlooked (even though they're graphically superior if you keep your hardware up to date.) I'd like to see Dog Days draw in more Steam users and change their current opinions of K&L2 that are based on Dead Men.

Kent-45
17th Mar 2010, 22:07
Quick bump to my thread here:

Hey Nick, do you know if there will be a pre-order option for Kane & Lynch 2 on Steam? If so, would there be any perks or niceties associated with doing so?

and secondly... if there is DLC or patch content, will it be delivered to Steam users as well? There are some developers (not pointing any fingers: *cough* EA *cough*) that release games on DVD and Steam, and then don't release patches for the Steam version.

I guess what I'm asking is... do you guys plan on going "all out" with the Steam release? or would you recommend ordering a DVD copy via Amazon.

Thanks and congratulations on all the good work Nick, you're my personal hero.

jappe
16th Aug 2010, 11:27
Steam is great, but I hate when I buy game DVD from store and then activate it on Steam... it's o.k. but that game is strictly tied to that Steam account.
So there is no possible way of playing LAN coop on any Steam game (if KL2 does even work on two PC's at the same time) unless other player owns same game.
PS. Can't wait to get my hands on KL2!