PDA

View Full Version : TRU. Do you love the game?

donnabright
15th Nov 2009, 16:27
I really thought TRU was an awesome game. I loved the graphics. And I thought it was a very fun game to play. I thought the swimming was awesome and I loved riding the bike, that was fun...well I had to get past the glitch, where there was no ramp. :D

Yea sometimes the camera would zoom in to close but hey I worked around it. I really thought the gymnastics was cool as well. I think I played TRU about 500 times. :lol: I know some people talked about the Camera but for me it was not a problem, maybe because I am used to playing AOD..LOL..Thanks CD for such awesome games that give me many hours of enjoyment such as..AOD, TRL, TRA and TRU...I haven't played the classics yet to make any comments. Wait I just remembered AOD is a classic..Well ok I played one classic TR game.

Anyway I just wanted to know who else loved TRU and why..

Flintmelody
15th Nov 2009, 16:46
I would have to say NO. For me it was too generic in level design and music. Too many story flaws as well. To keep it positive I will say I love the graphics for the game.

BlackThor
15th Nov 2009, 18:36
it had the potential to be great but like too many games it was rushed. the level design was it's best redemption quality. the two new features being the melee combat and the overall story were good ideas but underdeveloped due to time constrictions.

donnabright
15th Nov 2009, 18:56
it had the potential to be great but like too many games it was rushed. the level design was it's best redemption quality. the two new features being the melee combat and the overall story were good ideas but underdeveloped due to time constrictions.

I thought the story was very good. However I would have liked to have seen longer cut scenes and less glitches, other than that I think TRU is a great game. Oh and I forgot about the save feature.. I didn't like so well, because I would collect stuff, then it would not save it right. So I would have to say with the glitches and the save feature was underdeveloped..anyway I have to say I had so much fun I didn't seem to mind. No game is perfect, not even FF XI, it would be perfect if I didn't have to pay 14 dollars a month with extra mules:D...

Pulse
16th Nov 2009, 04:07
It was a nice game but I don't LOVE it.

Felt like a huge step back in Tomb Raider becoming popular again.

The graphics were an improvement but i felt they couldn't compete with games released around the same time.

Randy 54
16th Nov 2009, 14:05
I thought this game was very good. I believe CD captured the feel and atmosphere of a real Tomb Raider game. The camera views and movements were not an issue with me as much as it was in TRA, in other words, it didn't hamper the gameplay in any way. The story, music, and design were very good while the graphics were awesome. I played on the X-Box 360.

chriss_99
16th Nov 2009, 17:40
I LOVE TRU!!!!

It's the best TR game Crystal Dynamics has made so far.

angelus0901
16th Nov 2009, 17:44
I LOVE TRU!!!!

It's the best TR game Crystal Dynamics has made so far.

I couldn't agree with you more! ;)

MaloneCroft09
26th Nov 2009, 19:00
When I saw Tomb Raider Underworld in PSM(playstation magazine) in early 2008 I FREAKED OUT.
I was so excited! I checked Tombraiderchronicles.com news for ever day!
When it finally came out, I was not disappointed.
Underworld is my favorite TR! -5 stars-
Until ORIGINS comes out that is........:)

jayjay119
26th Nov 2009, 19:56
Whist I liked the game more than Legend, I think the plot holes, some linearity in levels and overexposure left me underwhelmed for the most part. Thailand and Mexico were the best parts of the game and we had seen vertually all of them before the game was even released.

Whilst TRU was huge step in the right direction of a TR feeling game there were certain elements that were missing or not changed, such as linear jumps/ grabbing, lack of manual grab/ dominance of ledge hoping over more inventive ways of platforming seen in past games that held the game back. Plus, for me TRU was really what I expected Legend to play like and considering it still didn't improve on the better elements past games have used, in a way its like we haven't really progressed at all since AOD in 2003.

Out of all the games i'd say TRA is the best game Cd have done. Although the linearity is their biggest folly, in both design and control,if the got rid of this it would be so much better.