PDA

View Full Version : K&L Offical website "Coming soon!"

jam13
14th Nov 2009, 17:44
Does anyone notice K&L website disappear?
Only say "Coming soon!" , maybe Dog Days is coming:rolleyes:

GrievousOdyssey
14th Nov 2009, 18:16
WHAT ? This is outrageous ! It was still there not two days ago ! ...

http://www.kaneandlynch.com/

PS : Nice Find ... ;)

Falkenwut
14th Nov 2009, 18:35
awesome find! Thumbs up!

Kent-45
14th Nov 2009, 21:14
YES! It's coming! CHRISTMAS RELEASE FOLKS, cross your fingers.

Acid_Burn
14th Nov 2009, 21:42
Wow. Nice. :)

Christmas? Oh no. Normally, the game needs time for PR campaign. :)
So i guess, if soon Eid... Square Enix Europe (oh God, still can't get used to new title) will confirm the KL2 - they'll need at least, half a year to promote the product :)

Kent-45
14th Nov 2009, 21:45
still wanna say that Kane & Lynch 2 isn't happening? or are we passed that yet?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mr Acid Burn? hmmmmmmm???? what say you now? WHAT SAY YOU I ASK.

Acid_Burn
14th Nov 2009, 23:01
I don't know exactly. I'm not working for SEE or IOI. :)

Dr Klowneus
14th Nov 2009, 23:38
it begins, starts humming Kane and Lynch soundtrack, - den den de den dan

GrievousOdyssey
15th Nov 2009, 00:40
Kent if you want to harass Acid Burn do it the civilised way ...
*points at the torture chamber*

Anywya ...
As much as i would like to buy at least one game this christmas ...
I really doubt it's coming out this year ...

Awe who am i kidding ...

BLOODY CHRISTMAS RELEASE PPPPPPLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!! ...

Kent-45
15th Nov 2009, 01:02
haha I'm just giving him a hard time

Mercenary of The 7
15th Nov 2009, 03:23
YES! It's coming! CHRISTMAS RELEASE FOLKS, cross your fingers.

Sorry to take a piss on your parade, Kent, but it's not gonna happen.

1.) No hype train. No screenshots, no trailers, no announcements, barely anything.

2.) There's too many blockbuster game releases to even consider a Christmas release. It would be an extremely stupid decision.

If they released it soon It'd most likely be some crappy budget title... due to no hype train.

Kent-45
15th Nov 2009, 03:28
Probably won't happen, but I can dream. I expect the site to be up by christmas, so that could be construed as a release.

Mercenary of The 7
15th Nov 2009, 03:39
Yes, it is weird that the site is down. I was on it just a few days ago. I hope they add some K&L 2 goodies.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Nov 2009, 03:50
Sorry to take a piss on your parade, Kent, but it's not gonna happen.

1.) No hype train. No screenshots, no trailers, no announcements, barely anything.

2.) There's too many blockbuster game releases to even consider a Christmas release. It would be an extremely stupid decision.

If they released it soon It'd most likely be some crappy budget title... due to no hype train.

Ok here's a few reasons for you to take your piss elsewhere ...

1)...No hype train ? So what ? They don't need any , Kane and Lynch makes surprise bustouts , that's how they ROLL...

2)...Too many blockbuster releases ?... And ... out of curiosity , what words are you going to use to describe the avalanche release of the first half of 2010 ?...

3)...Dead Men had a pretty huge hype train , so huge it led to a disastrous reception ... so , no hype train = budget title = GOTY !!!...

4)...YOU HAZ NO RIGHT TO CRUSH OUR DREAM !!...

I WANT TO BUY GAMES DAMN IT !...

Kent-45
15th Nov 2009, 04:29
One way or another, I think we're going to get a trailer by (maybe before) christmas. That would count as a "release" for me.

Mercenary of The 7
15th Nov 2009, 04:31
Ok here's a few reasons for you to take your piss elsewhere ...

1)...No hype train ? So what ? They don't need any , Kane and Lynch makes surprise bustouts , that's how they ROLL...

2)...Too many blockbuster releases ?... And ... out of curiosity , what words are you going to use to describe the avalanche release of the first half of 2010 ?...

3)...Dead Men had a pretty huge hype train , so huge it led to a disastrous reception ... so , no hype train = budget title = GOTY !!!...

4)...YOU HAZ NO RIGHT TO CRUSH OUR DREAM !!...

I WANT TO BUY GAMES DAMN IT !...

1.) No hype/marketing train = No one's gonna ever know this game ever existed. The first game was had a lot of awesome trailers 'n stuff = it got a lot of attention.

2.) Good point, but I think the game could squeeze itself in a month where only 1 popular game would be released. Christmas would be shooting yourself in the foot.

3.) Yeah, that's not really how it works. All the fuzz came from the Jeff incident, but a game can't really survive without a hype train (Unless it's Call of Duty or Halo).

4.) I like Kane & Lynch as much as you guys (Well, no one likes K&L as much as you do :p), but I'm just being real here.

Dr Klowneus
15th Nov 2009, 06:03
I dont think we'll see the game this year either, but the website reconstruction is definitely a sign that things are moving forward, my prediction - Feb/march 2010, but yeah i think we'll get a proper trailer before christmas and maybe some screens and game info beyond that is just blind optimism, what are you all playing while you wait for Dog Days to come out anyway

Falkenwut
15th Nov 2009, 13:19
Yes, 2009 had a lot of great titles. It would be unwise for the game to be released at this time.. It would disappear in history very quickly if it had to be released now.

I just hope they make new trailers, pics or something to makes us examine it further xD.

GrievousOdyssey
15th Nov 2009, 13:32
what are you all playing while you wait for Dog Days to come out anyway

In case you really haven't been listening to my rants so far ...
NOTHING ...

Normally i buy eight games every four months , today we're in mid November , and i've only bought two games so far : that overrated super hero game and a GOTY Edition of a game that came out Last Year ...
It's embarrassing ...

I seriously considering buy that new Lego game ... or even that God of war collection (meaning i'll be re-buying old games with so called 'remastered graphics' ... and piss poor humiliating trophies) ...

Yes yes there's cute ninjas to my right and a egotistical white dress wearing punk to my left that are getting my attention ...

But common , we're suppose to pick games out of a selection of twenty , Not out of a selection of ten ! ...

Which is why we need Dog Days to keep our sanity alive for this holiday ...

But hey ... i think i'm going to do something stupid anywya ...

Vulture
15th Nov 2009, 19:10
oh my god-i was at K&L.com few days ago and it was there :S

Kent-45
15th Nov 2009, 19:21
I am hitting the Left 4 Dead 2 servers on Nov. 17th when the game goes online. My friend and I have already pre-ordered and we're ready to go.

I am gonna hit the first person shooters hard too so as to hone my reflexes for Kane & Lynch 2. Left 4 Dead 2 is good training, if you ask me....oh and it's fun as hell.

Mercenary of The 7
15th Nov 2009, 20:16
I am hitting the Left 4 Dead 2 servers on Nov. 17th when the game goes online. My friend and I have already pre-ordered and we're ready to go.

I am gonna hit the first person shooters hard too so as to hone my reflexes for Kane & Lynch 2. Left 4 Dead 2 is good training, if you ask me....oh and it's fun as hell.

You're playing a first-person shooter to hone your third-person shooter skills? That doesn't make any sense...

GrievousOdyssey
15th Nov 2009, 21:16
I wanted to ask the same question but then i remembered that we both had a odd 'point of view' ...
Meaning we see things in third person even though we're in first person ...

Don't ask ...

Kent-45
16th Nov 2009, 00:14
Reflexes are reflexes folks, doesn't matter what person you're in.

Falkenwut
16th Nov 2009, 00:36
First person shooter require better reflexes and Third person shooters.
So... if you're training with FPSes .. you'll be twice as prepared for Kane and Lynch 2.. unless they hype up the gameplay for it

TheMoD
16th Nov 2009, 16:49
Hey guys have you noticed it's the same thing when you go to kaneandlynch2.com? :)
awesome.

Kent-45
16th Nov 2009, 16:51
While we're on the topic of the site, I really hope IOInteractive ditches that stupid "Enter your birthday to continue" stuff that the original Kane & Lynch site had. I understand you gotta protect little timmy from seeing Kane and Lynch violate every sense of decency and moral value he has, but all it does is slow me down from seeing the content... and that's lame.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Nov 2009, 19:15
OY ...

I thought Kane & Lynch II still isn't officially announced ...

How were we suppose to know we could have searched for a kaneandlynch2.com ? ...
Outrageous ...

Kent-45
16th Nov 2009, 19:39
redirects to the same as Kaneandlynch.com - nice find

BTW: http://www.kaneandlynch2dogdays.com/ apparently is registered by some guy named Tal Alter... sounds fake to me

Registrant:
Tal Ater

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: KANEANDLYNCH2DOGDAYS.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM

Acid_Burn
16th Nov 2009, 20:37
If NS goes to sedoparking - than it's definitely not Square Enix or other gaming company.
Other thing - sedoparking can resell the domain to SE. :) And then NS will be different.

Mercenary of The 7
16th Nov 2009, 21:25
While we're on the topic of the site, I really hope IOInteractive ditches that stupid "Enter your birthday to continue" stuff that the original Kane & Lynch site had. I understand you gotta protect little timmy from seeing Kane and Lynch violate every sense of decency and moral value he has, but all it does is slow me down from seeing the content... and that's lame.

I'm pretty sure that's because of the ESRB. They're the reasons why 18+ video game trailers also has the age check.

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 15:57
I think this topic can be closed now no?

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 16:20
NOOOOO ...

The Nostalgic Memories !!!! ...