PDA

View Full Version : Michael Cane: "But I don't know if they are ever going to make another Batman..."

angleslam99
13th Nov 2009, 00:42
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=11854

Home : News : Videos : Pictures : Polls : Contact : Editor's Tools
You are logged in as Instantclassic. Not you? Logout
No Sequel to The Dark Knight ? Ever?
Bruce Wayne's noble butler doesn't see Nolan's Batman sequel happening anytime soon.
In a short interview with the British magazine Shortlist, Michael Caine ('Alfred' to Bat-fans) was asked about his involvement in a future Nolan-helmed Batman movie. He said: As for the future... if they ever make another Batman I will be in, I will be the butler...

I guess that means he'll be setting time aside in his schedule for the role. . . or maybe not?

He went on: But I don't know if they are ever going to make another Batman. If they do it won't be for quite a while.

Information courtesy of IGN.com

homeycdawg
13th Nov 2009, 01:12
Wasn't TDK a runaway success and one of the highest grossing films of all time? Not to mention one of the few sequels that is better than it's predecessor? (No offence Batman:Begins fans)

I guess it's up to Nolan if he wants to do more. I'll bet the producers are afraid that if they continue without him, they might accidentally replace him with another Schumaker.

Old_BenKenobi
13th Nov 2009, 04:08
Batman is like James Bond. There'll always be another Batman movie so long as the people want it. Whether or not Nolan is involved, that's not the point. Personally, I'd like to see him finish his trilogy, then get the hell out of the Bat-franchise.

batfan08
13th Nov 2009, 04:23
Quite frankly,I find this thread pointless,one minute the guy's saying "Johnny Depp's gonna be the riddler.1 year later,bing bang boom,no more Batman for Michael Caine.I personally think the media tends to filter facts at their discretion(as your thread title did),nothing personal,but as far as Batman numero tres goes,if it doesn't come from Chris Nolan,then I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Drazar
13th Nov 2009, 06:01
Anything Michael Caine is worthless. The guy has said so much gossip/false info he shouldn't be taken serious. Remember the guy even reported that he even reported that WB aint telling him anyhting anymore since he kept leaking info.

Prince Daka
13th Nov 2009, 06:35
they will not confirm anything until a script is done, & i'm sure it will be made for two reasons...

1) TDK was immensely successful.

2) TDK ending left the door wide open & it would be a shame to not to resolve this new series by Nolan. Batman is being hunted by the police, because if people find out what kind of man Harvey Dent became all the mobsters he had arrested would be free & Gotham would be screwed.

...but it probably will take awhile... I'm guessing a Summer 2012 release.

door noob
13th Nov 2009, 12:40
Anything Michael Caine is worthless. The guy has said so much gossip/false info he shouldn't be taken serious. Remember the guy even reported that he even reported that WB aint telling him anyhting anymore since he kept leaking info.

:lol: That's s true. :lol:

homeycdawg
14th Nov 2009, 02:42

:eek: Hey now! Michael Caine is a pimp. The Eagle has Landed is one of my favorite all time movies. I'll be honest though, when I think of a live action Alfred I think of the guy who did the first four movies. :D You might be right about him being a leaker, I dunno he's not the action star he use to be.

Seriously though, doesn't anyone else want to see a live action Batman movie written by Paul Dini? I wouldn't even care who directs if he wrote the story.

Prince Daka
14th Nov 2009, 03:02
:eek: Hey now! Michael Caine is a pimp. The Eagle has Landed is one of my favorite all time movies. I'll be honest though, when I think of a live action Alfred I think of the guy who did the first four movies. :D You might be right about him being a leaker, I dunno he's not the action star he use to be.

Seriously though, doesn't anyone else want to see a live action Batman movie written by Paul Dini? I wouldn't even care who directs if he wrote the story.

yes, Michael Caine is a pimp. My favorite movie with him is "Sleuth". & yeah I agree the Alfred Pennyworth from the Tim Burton series was better.

don't know about Paul Dini writing a Batman movie. not that i don't like Paul Dini, i absolutely do, but i am already familiar with his characterizations. Batman movies are always more on the experimental side when it comes to that, which i find interesting.

Old_BenKenobi
14th Nov 2009, 03:09

He wasn't saying anything bad or disrespectful about Caine, just pointing out that the guy has a mean sense of humour and likes to stir some **** up every once and a while. :p

Irongam3r
21st Nov 2009, 17:33
A tad off topic, but this is the off-topic forum, no?

Helena Bonham Carter as Harley Quinn.

Would it not completely redeem anything Nolan could do to the franchise?

DropkickDisco
21st Nov 2009, 20:18
A tad off topic, but this is the off-topic forum, no?

Helena Bonham Carter as Harley Quinn.

Would it not completely redeem anything Nolan could do to the franchise?

I love Helena, but she would just not cut it as Harley. I highly doubt that she could convincingly handle the accent, and she looks a bit too old for the younger, more vibrant Harley.