PDA

View Full Version : Controls Go Wonky - I'm Stuck! Help!

REVOS001
11th Nov 2009, 12:25
So I'm in Croc's Lair and I am stuck on the exploding planks part. When things switch to cinematic view, my controls go all wonky and I can't figure out how to run in the 5 seconds I have before croc busts the planks. When I hit forward, he runs back or screen up. When I hit down, he runs down screen - which is sideways on the planks. So I try holding down S and D or S and A to run 'sideways' on screen, but I can't get it done quickly enough in the few seconds you have. It's majorly annoying because it's such a silly thing to be stuck on. Help!

homeycdawg
11th Nov 2009, 13:10
I must say that is a lot easier with a gamepad. Usually W is forward, but when the camera changes to cinimatic, W becomes up, D becomes right, etc.

deders
11th Nov 2009, 18:51
it's tough, but even though the camera is at an angle, you should be able to keep running in one direction (one key) until the camera changes again, even if you are running on the edge of the boards. It is much easier with a control pad but you should be able to get it in a couple of tries.

REVOS001
12th Nov 2009, 03:09
I've tried. A few dozen times. Nothing is working right. Bats runs on the angle of the camera. It's like... the computer wants me to press the keys to run caddy-corner, and I can't physically tell it to do that.

deders
12th Nov 2009, 03:12
I know how you feel but I assure you it is possible, once you get him running in a straight line keep going, no matter how close to the edge he gets.