PDA

View Full Version : Okay so i have a good idea for TR:9

DamianGraham
8th Nov 2009, 16:51
you know in the resident evil games how after you've beaten it you unlock the side missions? (agent ada or whatever, and mercinaries)? well i was thinking on the PS3 version of TR:9 they should incorperate Lara's Shadow, and BTA as extra content!

nikkinickels
8th Nov 2009, 19:11
sounds like a great idea :D i approve!
since they said they're going for a younger lara, i hope that we get to be in her mansion for a training level and get to ride vehicles in there and see more of the house. i'd love to see lara's bathroom :x oh! and the kitchen.....and of course...THE FREEZER

josh1122
8th Nov 2009, 20:49
ugh now the DLC talk again..I will leave it at that

but since its young lara, there might be a character with her as an ''advisor'' I'm thinking

DamianGraham
9th Nov 2009, 00:37
ugh now the DLC talk again..I will leave it at that

but since its young lara, there might be a character with her as an ''advisor'' I'm thinking

yup it is DLC talk again good observation. all i'm saying is they should do it because it contains extra info about the series (namely the dopp) i'm not having a pity party that i didn't get the DLC. i'm just saying it would bbe a nice surprise if they included it (at no extra cost) as an extra feature outside the main game

Tihocan
10th Nov 2009, 20:13

I hope not.

If so it would probably lose all the sense of isolation and terror that the concept appears to be touting.

AdobeArtist
10th Nov 2009, 20:17
yup it is DLC talk again good observation. all i'm saying is they should do it because it contains extra info about the series (namely the dopp) i'm not having a pity party that i didn't get the DLC. i'm just saying it would bbe a nice surprise if they included it (at no extra cost) as an extra feature outside the main game

Then why say make it just for the PS3 version of the game? :rolleyes:

jayjay119
10th Nov 2009, 21:11
you know in the resident evil games how after you've beaten it you unlock the side missions? (agent ada or whatever, and mercinaries)? well i was thinking on the PS3 version of TR:9 they should incorperate Lara's Shadow, and BTA as extra content!

Urgh here we go again. PS3 cannot have it, Microsoft own its exclusivity, it can never, ever, EVER go to PS3. When will people start getting this into their heads?

I like your idea of having unlockable side missions though. It'd be a good way to introduce a second playable character, such as viewing the story from the enemiy's side.

Error96_
11th Nov 2009, 00:38
I am pretty much certain they wouldn't do it. The new game and TRU are probably going to be built with slightly different enjines so may difficult even if they wanted to.

Think side missions after the main game though is a great idea. Maybe revisit the locations like in treasure hunt mode but have big newly opened areas to explore and meet new enemies.

BlackThor
11th Nov 2009, 01:17
i think they should make new dlc missions. but if they do i can easily see microsoft claiming exclusive rights again because they are greedy

jayjay119
11th Nov 2009, 01:26
I don't know, after the last set of DLC not fulfilling its desired goal of drawing in more fans than on the PS3, I don't know whether they will see it as worth it to approach CD for more exclusive content this time. Its pretty much a certain that there will be something, there usually is these days they may as well just wait for it to come to the console for free this time.

Ants_27_
11th Nov 2009, 07:50
Urgh here we go again. PS3 cannot have it, Microsoft own its exclusivity, it can never, ever, EVER go to PS3. When will people start getting this into their heads?

I like your idea of having unlockable side missions though. It'd be a good way to introduce a second playable character, such as viewing the story from the enemiy's side.

Trust me, the majority of the PS3 comunity don't want it:lol:

Besides, Microsoft owned the exclusive rights to Fallout 3 DLC, look what happened there.

released exclusively as downloadable content on Xbox Live and Games for Windows Live

But, to me the DLC made no sense really I mean it still didn't answer most of the major questions from Underworld which I thought it was going to.:( Maybe I'm just missing something?

jayjay119
11th Nov 2009, 13:47
Trust me, the majority of the PS3 comunity don't want it:lol:

Besides, Microsoft owned the exclusive rights to Fallout 3 DLC, look what happened there.

I thought the DLC for Fallout 3 was only a timed exclusive, Microsoft approached CD to make the DLC without them it never would have existed, the PS3 fans are missing out on nothing the 360 fans just got something extra!

But, to me the DLC made no sense really I mean it still didn't answer most of the major questions from Underworld which I thought it was going to.:( Maybe I'm just missing something?

I concur, but that's to be expected considering Cd announced that it would not further the story in the game when the DLC was announced. For me, the DLC was just more of a 'what if...' story that never actually happened.

Ants_27_
11th Nov 2009, 14:11
I thought the DLC for Fallout 3 was only a timed exclusive, Microsoft approached CD to make the DLC without them it never would have existed, the PS3 fans are missing out on nothing the 360 fans just got something extra!

I think out of the two beneath the ashes is better, as me no like the twin out of the terrible duo:lol:

I concur, but that's to be expected considering Cd announced that it would not further the story in the game when the DLC was announced. For me, the DLC was just more of a 'what if...' story that never actually happened.

Did they say that? I don't know because I never really followed the development process of them (360-less you see). Other than that I have one word: true!

DamianGraham
11th Nov 2009, 19:13
Then why say make it just for the PS3 version of the game? :rolleyes:

because xbox already has it?:rolleyes: i'm just saying that i'd like to enjoy it too, i mean hell they could downgrade it for all i care.. its a general idea, i'm not intentionally sparking the DLC wars again, since the 360 has it, and people have already played it, what harm would it cause if they released it to ps3 as well, i mean it's been awhile since they came out, so by the time tr:9 came out, they'd be even "older" please don't hate me for my opinions :D