PDA

View Full Version : 100 things we've learned from the Dog Days' Teaser ...

GrievousOdyssey
6th Nov 2009, 16:56
First of ...why ?...why of all days did the teaser poped online while i was ...sleeping ...why ?...

Now since i already vent my anger by demolishing yet another 80 stories tall building (don't worry it was empty),i guessed it was about time we write more 'productive' stuff...

One Hundred Things We Learned ,Saw ,Thought About or quite simply Didn't Understood from the Dog Days Teaser :

(remember ,you can write anything from dumb thoughts to interesting concepts ...)

I ...The Dog : it shouldn't be reminded that Dog Days Still Isn't Officially Announced ,which means we weren't supposed to know the game is called "Dog Days" ,so before we all get excited ,it Is Possible that dogs won't be in the game ,the reason it was in the teaser could be just to play with or hint at the title (even though We already know the title ...our fault)...

II : The Nudity ... it's hilarious ,and ...it's scary because ...well ...how would you feel if this game was a comedy ?... ...see ? scary isn't it...

Falkenwut
6th Nov 2009, 17:50
From my detailed analysis:
1> the chinese text in the monitor - probably has something to do with their escape from south america. MAYBE they reached a chinese speaking country... OR... one of the future missions is in China. MAYBE Retomoto's family tree / friends have something to do with it?

2> Them rushing without guns. This is new in K&L. Clearly looks like they're escaping. So PROBABLY they got captured.

3> No clothes - I mentioned this in another post. It doesn't look clear. 2 hypothesis:
a: The graphics are of them wearing tight clothes.. so it looks bad
b: The dog MAY have bitten some of their clothes off.. ow.. (not all)
Another note: I probably saw it wrongly but.. are they wearing lingerie??? (see their legs) If so, boy they're not fooling anyone!

4> If I looked well, Kane pushed lynch into the table.. OR lynch tumbled to the ground. IT's either Kane wanted to do a distraction and/OR Lynch is in bad shape without his pills. His last pill intake from what we know was before the prison breakout. But again.. we're not sure if he snuck some pills away.

5> The dog is maybe a reference to the title as mentioned by gnrGrevious. He's probably right coz PETA will be all over the game is cruelty to animals is involved. But then again, Hitman could kill a german shepard in 2 missions... so... another murdered animal isn't gonna change anything.

6> Kane hitting the dog with a Serving tray. (funny comment: THE DOG GOT SERVVED! xD) My hypothesis: MAAYBE... more melee combat? if not... some bad@$$ chasing cutscenes.

7> Irrelevant to the trailer. I read somewhere that this will be released with the 2nd Movie of hitman as a form of cross-marketting. Dunno if it's true, but it's kinda a blunt move if it's true (in my opinion that is). I'd prefer if the movie of K&L came with the 2nd game.. or at leastthe 2nd hitman movie with the 5th game of hitman which we defenatly been anticipating for a looooooooong time.

Once again.. these are still hypothesis. It's best if we see another trailer or something to confirm more. (a sequel to that footage would be great xD)

If the developers can see this thread.. PLEASE say something about it! For all we know this could be a huge hoax!

GrievousOdyssey
6th Nov 2009, 19:31
X ... The Graphics : it'll be so photorealistic it'll look artificial ... get it ?...

XI ... A possible explanation as to why they're naked : supposing they're in Japan , and they need money ... badly ... logically they've entered one of those Crazy Japanese Game Shows !... you know the ones where you get to do ridiculous stunts and roll over mud and such ... Now they're doing the "Who Let The Dogs Out ?" segment of the show !...

XII ... And imagine Dog Days will be a Wii exclusive party game (also available on DS) !...

XIII ... A serious explanation as to why they're naked : remember ,it's all metaphorical ... Men with no clothes symbolizes the wild and barbaric nature of these two men ; the Dog means that they're 'unleashed' ; the japanese restaurant hints that they'll travel the world again ; the Dog Hitting reminds me when Kane bashed Mute's skull wide open ,meaning more dramatic violence ; and as to why Lynch gets bited by the dog ... Easy ,that symbolizes his manliness !...

Falkenwut
6th Nov 2009, 19:59
I doubt IO are going THAT symbolically on this title!
but :lmao: at the part of the japanese game show. and I doubt it's japan; The symbols are too rigid to be japanese kanji. They look more like Chinese symbols.

GrievousOdyssey
6th Nov 2009, 20:16
Man Kane & Lynch : Dead Men was full of symbolism , they better keep the drama on this sequel ...

By the way anyone figured out what the date was ? Just out of curiosity , i can see 2009-05-02 though i'm not sure if i'm correct on that ...

Also , the more i look into the video , the 'faker' the animation looks ...

Meaning the first time i looked i actually thought it was at least motion captured ... but now it looks ... well , completely animated ...

But hey , at least we can clearly see it's Lynch on the floor (other than his clumsiness (he did fell to the floor) we can see his bald head , fine long hair on the back , and of course , the glasses) ... :cool:

Kent-45
7th Nov 2009, 18:42
Seeing as I have no life whatsoever and an unhealthy obsession with Kane & Lynch, I will confess that I've been analyzing the 30 second teaser frame-by-frame with VLC Media Player.

Slowing the movie down lets you get a better idea of what's going on. Still, the way they have it set up... every so often the frame is distorted, and Kane & Lynch are left intentionally very blurry so you can't quite make out any distinctive features.

GrievousOdyssey
7th Nov 2009, 19:02
Well i know i saw my ... uh i mean Lynch's glasses on that dude on the floor's face ...

But as for the other dude ...
It can be anyone from Bigfoot to Tharpa , really ...

Falkenwut
7th Nov 2009, 19:26
It's KAne alright - Look at the hair. I'm 70% sure it's him (check the hair outline and the small bald-spot at the back). I think characters are quickly distinguishible in the Glacier engine mechanics.... I think..

Kent-45
7th Nov 2009, 19:43
yeah it's definitely Kane and Lynch in there, and the animations are not live action... it's clearly the glacier engine.

the video is spreading on Youtube as well... so I think it's going viral, which is what IOInteractive probably wants. The only question is... when will we get an official trailer???

Falkenwut
8th Nov 2009, 00:00
Let's hope they won't copy 3D realms' idea:
"It's done when it's done..."
I'd slit my throat if I ever hear that from an IOI game...

GrievousOdyssey
8th Nov 2009, 00:41
Now now , we all know that IO is full of civilised people ... they will never make such a statement ...

They do release strange viral videos , but it's actually a strategy to buy them more time ...

(They're watching us) ...

Falkenwut
8th Nov 2009, 01:40
We need more viral vids!! We need more viral vids!!
More hints, details, show show show!!!!!

Kent-45
8th Nov 2009, 03:41
I'll second that motion.

I hope the next vid Kane has some clothes on. Just a thought IO :)

GrievousOdyssey
8th Nov 2009, 11:34
Be quiet ! Nick is observing the forum right this instant ! ...

Hold your breath ...

Kent-45
9th Nov 2009, 17:08
does Nick work for IO?

GrievousOdyssey
9th Nov 2009, 17:42
I've seen once in a game site a representitive of Sony whose user name was Nick@Sony ...

Since then i began to wonder if the person using the Nick@IO account is really called Nick or not ...
As for whether he works for IO or not ...

Even if he doesn't work for IO , he sure does represent IO Interactive on this forum , and no moderators or administrator ever questioned his 'authenticity' ...

So yeah ...
*scratches head*
Where am i ? ...

Kent-45
9th Nov 2009, 21:44
Well I hope that Nick shows up and gives us his thoughts. Although I know he won't... I'm guessing everyone that works for IOInteractive has strict orders not to release any info until they're ready.

In terms of what I've learned from the teaser?

I've learned that Kane is still pretty fit for a 40 year old. Damn! Some old dogs let themselves go after 40, Kane hasn't.

Lynch on the other hand... ehh... he's got a little gut but he's not obese or anything.

GrievousOdyssey
9th Nov 2009, 22:09
That's your fault , you're the one who preferred take-outs over fine cuisine ...

Kent-45
10th Nov 2009, 15:00
Take out can be fine cuisine if you know where to get it from, buddy

Oh and one more thing... can we pinpoint what gun is being fired in the teaser trailer? It sounds too "flappy" to be an AK47 or a M16 ...I'm not good enough to identify it by ear.

GrievousOdyssey
10th Nov 2009, 18:14
A Intratec TEC-9 hands down ...

NEED MORE TEC-9 IN VIDEO GAMEZZZ !!! ...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/e/e8/TEC-9.jpg

Falkenwut
10th Nov 2009, 22:10
MP5 i think, could be TEC-9 but u never know..

Kent-45
11th Nov 2009, 00:42
It does sound like a submachine gun now that I think of it. I don't think it's an MP5 though.

Kent-45
16th Nov 2009, 05:04
Someone tell me that isn't Lynch...

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/168/49566681.jpg

GrievousOdyssey
16th Nov 2009, 05:53
I'll be a liar if i tell that isn't me ... i mean Lynch ...

But who the hell do you think that was anywya ? ...

PS : No i assure you the dog isn't doing whatever it is that you are thinking ...

Kent-45
16th Nov 2009, 16:38
well I showed this same picture to my friend and he's not convinced that it's Lynch. Apparently because his long hair isn't very visible. I would bet money that it's Lynch in there.

The problem is that even blowing the frames up to 1920x1200 you still can't see what the hell is going on in this teaser vid.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Nov 2009, 18:55
Man , i showed this to Lynch and he was so embarrassed he wanted to blow my head off ...

That's definitely him ...

Seriously though , look at the shape of his hair , it's almost identical to his character model in Dead Men ...

But if it isn't Lynch , who else can it be ? ...

Kent-45
16th Nov 2009, 18:58
it could be Jesus...

GrievousOdyssey
16th Nov 2009, 19:23
Now i thought Lynch WAS/IS Jesus ...

(Kane is Cain the murderer , Adam is Adam the sinner , Mute is the Snake , Older Brother is God , Little Brother is the lil **** , Tharpa Rific and Shelly are the Three Wise Men , Jenny is a woman and Lynch is Jesus ... the one who will die for our sins ... this is seriously EPIC BEYOND PROPORTION) ...

Falkenwut
16th Nov 2009, 23:10
Now i thought Lynch WAS/IS Jesus ...

(Kane is Cain the murderer , Adam is Adam the sinner , Mute is the Snake , Older Brother is God , Little Brother is the lil **** , Tharpa Rific and Shelly are the Three Wise Men , Jenny is a woman and Lynch is Jesus ... the one who will die for our sins ... this is seriously EPIC BEYOND PROPORTION) ...

so Kain is a murderer.. fair enough..
Older Brother damned Mute for making Adam sin.
Jenny (kane's daughter) gave birth to Lynch... and Tharpa, Rific and Shelly came with the presents... who later on died for our sins... untill Kane comes to save the day using adrenalin... Sounds right yeah.... SO THAT'S HOW JESUS WOKE UP FROM THE DEAD!
(Just pulling ur leg :lmao:)

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 14:59
UPDATE ...
Now we can all discuss about teaser number 2 (go watch it first on the official web site) ...

kaneandlynch.com

I don't know if it was intentional , but i find it even more hilarious than the 'naked' video ...

This is still a gritty crime drama game , right ? ...

Kent-45
18th Nov 2009, 15:09
Alright what do we know?

It appears to be Lynch, with a bowling ball.... breaking into an office, beating the living hell out of someone (may be multiple persons), wiping the blood off the ball, and then casually strolling out.

I'm gonna see what I can find from this.

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 15:54
From what I can see it looks liken an planned unclean murder attempt. Doesn't seem as random as Lynch would do it... My hypothesis: Kane and Lynch are sent on small assassination jobs... Just a theory...

Kent-45
18th Nov 2009, 16:05
Sloppy is right, after he cleans the ball off with a rag... he tosses it back in the room. Clearly he doesn't mind leaving evidence, but then again, Kane & Lynch never really did bother to hide evidence whatsoever.

and yeah, it's definitely planned... but I see Lynch has to improvise a bit to get inside the room.

what confuses me is why the guy inside didn't start running, or fighting the minute he heard someone smash his door open with a bowling ball.

The time is before 7... I dunno when they go to bed in Shanghai, but I think there's a chance the dude was sleeping when Lynch busted in...:D

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 19:04
Ok since when are there high quality surveillance camera in the hallways of a apartment building ? ...

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 20:11
Ok since when are there high quality surveillance camera in the hallways of a apartment building ? ...

Your questions leads to this assumption: The hit was not made in a cheap motel. It seems like one but it could be Lynch was wearing as a cleaner at an office building of sort.

Just another hypothesis

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 20:16
Every hypothesis is good , it's just that i was surprised to see color picture on this surveillance camera , in such a dank and dirty area ...

Speaking of Lynch ...
Is it me , or his face/head looks ... cartoony ? ...
*takes a glance at Square Enix* ...

Nick@IO
18th Nov 2009, 21:29
Every hypothesis is good , it's just that i was surprised to see color picture on this surveillance camera , in such a dank and dirty area ...

Speaking of Lynch ...
Is it me , or his face/head looks ... cartoony ? ...
*takes a glance at Square Enix* ...

Just wait until we grease up his hair into giant spikes in a massive Trump comb-over! He looks dead sexy, promise... ;)

Falkenwut
18th Nov 2009, 21:40
Just wait until we grease up his hair into giant spikes in a massive Trump comb-over! He looks dead sexy, promise... ;)

urmm..... :scratch:... I am absolutely confused here...
I am speechless... My imagination here came as lynch with a spiky mohawk hairstyle shouting "Shuddup Foo'!" to Kane.....

GrievousOdyssey
18th Nov 2009, 21:47

wait a second ...

. . .

. . .

LYNCH IS A BIKER ! ...
HUZZZZZZAAAAAAA ...

I mean just imagine him with a shotgun on a harley ...
*faints* ...

Bevacur
18th Nov 2009, 21:49
urmm..... :scratch:... I am absolutely confused here...
I am speechless... My imagination here came as lynch with a spiky mohawk hairstyle shouting "Shuddup Foo'!" to Kane.....

I hope Lynch will actually stand up for himself instead of taking crap from Kane.

Falkenwut
29th Nov 2009, 15:06
Another Spammer - Anaangel01 - please attack lol

Kent-45
29th Nov 2009, 15:30
The spammers know we're trying to bring Kane & Lynch back... they're trying to stop our revolution of awesomeness but what they don't realize is that IT'S TOO LATE... dun dun dun

StephG
7th Jan 2010, 22:50
New guns, new enemies !