PDA

View Full Version : Past or Fresh Start...

brandibuck
5th Nov 2009, 18:11
Choose!

Sorry, no extra details...

Ta!

:D:D

nikkinickels
5th Nov 2009, 21:42
I want a whole new story, I'm tired of Natla and Amanda. I don't hate them, but I want something different.

Ants_27_
5th Nov 2009, 21:49
I want a whole new story, I'm tired of Natla and Amanda. I don't hate them, but I want something different.

I do:lol:

On a more serious note I want new characters maybe balance it out more with male and female characters though?

I don't mind the story referencing itself to past adventures and charaters.

josh1122
5th Nov 2009, 21:57
I do:lol:

On a more serious note I want new characters maybe balance it out more with male and female characters though?

I don't mind the story referencing itself to past adventures and charaters.

I disagree, on the more characters. I can barely tolerate Alister,Zip as it is, more horrible sidekicks, or more annoying characters like Amanda will just damper the mood even more so

I do agree on a new story though, no more mommy,natla BS :lmao:

Andy64
5th Nov 2009, 22:58
I would say past is the Core era and I really do want to see TR move back that way. Music and stories were a bit better then.

As for the CD era I think the Natla and Mother stories have run their course. A brand new story is needed. Don't mind seeing Winston, Amanda and Zip again so long as they only play minor roles.

brandibuck
6th Nov 2009, 05:05
Whatever it is..i want a new fresh start with lara croft and only her..

josh1122
6th Nov 2009, 05:10
[QUOTE=Andy64;1213616]I would say past is the Core era and I really do want to see TR move back that way. Music and stories were a bit better then.

QUOTE]

I disagree, CORE is the reason TR almost died in the first place,moving back to that will kill it more than it all ready is right now

Story wise I might agree just because I don't care for the Natla/Mommy story anymore

Ants_27_
6th Nov 2009, 07:27
[QUOTE=Andy64;1213616]I would say past is the Core era and I really do want to see TR move back that way. Music and stories were a bit better then.

QUOTE]

I disagree, CORE is the reason TR almost died in the first place,moving back to that will kill it more than it all ready is right now

Story wise I might agree just because I don't care for the Natla/Mommy story anymore

I didn't mind the mother story in legend but I think by time Underworld had come around, the mother story had gotten a bit old? (Lack for better words)

I also agree with you on the Core thing.:cool:

josh1122
6th Nov 2009, 08:00
[QUOTE=josh1122;1213715]

I didn't mind the mother story in legend but I think by time Underworld had come around, the mother story had gotten a bit old? (Lack for better words)

I also agree with you on the Core thing.:cool:

Yeah the whole mother thing is played out. They need something new, how about her father!?...no im just jk...please dont get any ideas CD lol :mad2:

donnabright
6th Nov 2009, 08:09
I would say a fresh new start as well. I am with the new..

Gemma_Darkmoon_
6th Nov 2009, 15:49
I agree with Andy and Ant_27. Mother story definately shouldn't be visited. A continuation of AOD would be good but the TRL/TRU story has gone as far as it can and CD should move on from that.

josh1122
6th Nov 2009, 22:05
I agree with Andy and Ant_27. Mother story definately shouldn't be visited. A continuation of AOD would be good but the TRL/TRU story has gone as far as it can and CD should move on from that.

I agree, except for the AOD story, please let that die and be buried... :mad2:

But I agree that the mother storyline should end now and hopefully something new will come out of it and creative minds can think of something good. Even though it doesn't seem that they are with TR 9 from what I've seen/read :(

jayjay119
6th Nov 2009, 23:09
I voted for 'something new'. I agree with others about the mother/ Natla storyline they have gone as far as they could have done with it and its time to close that book now. I'm also tired of focusing on Lara's story to be honest. I love lara as our protagonist and wouldn't want anyone else but just leave her to raiding tombs and make the story about the artifact.

I wouldn't mind the series returning to the game exclusive story based on the artifact like it was in TR 1-3, it was a format that seemed to keep the freshness as you had a different story, artifact and supporting characters every game. Perhaps one of the reasons why some people are complaining the series has gone stale it because of these Lara centric rolling storylines we have been seeing since TR4 that have ended up either unfinished or so full of plotholes that the story is let down. So yeah something new, and possibly stand alone please.

hyrule12
6th Nov 2009, 23:10
(havent been on in a while)
i want it to be the same style of lara but new story line and have this be the only game in this story line. we need more different tomb raiders. no more links between games plz.

angelus0901
6th Nov 2009, 23:16
I voted "I'm not sure, I like them both".... I really like Amanda and Natla... But I would also like something new... I don't think Natla or Amanda will be in the next game, cause we found out what happened to Amelia so I don't think the storyline will revolve around Lara's quest to find her mother...

Error96_
7th Nov 2009, 00:58
I am with most others here on this one. The Mother story has kind of been wound up, Natla is out of it again so tons of room to create a fresh new story.

Max 28
7th Nov 2009, 01:42
All new! They can get it completely right and set the series up for success with many games to come. :D

trjunepearl
8th Nov 2009, 01:28
Oh...well I chose past, but after reading the comments I figured out what it actually meant..........I mean, I meant that I like past because I don't want Lara's background or history to be completely erased and rebooted, like they're planning on doing.....but as far as story and other characters go, then I want those to be complete fresh and new. I'm tired of the Legend/Underworld storyline, but the least they can do is make it somehow related to the present day series and not change anything about Lara.

So I want fresh and new, but at the same time keeping her background and history the same. Know what I mean???

brandibuck
8th Nov 2009, 02:49

I agree... One more time and Tomb raider will be Vanished

And maybe Ubisoft Can buy Eidos or Naughty dog!:D:D

nikkinickels
8th Nov 2009, 07:17
I'll be sad when tomb raider ends x_x
i really hope they start fresh and make the next game amazing so we'll get more fans and more people here in the forums :]

josh1122
8th Nov 2009, 08:15
I'm kinda hoping TR ends before all respect for the franchise diminishes

LARALOVERnr1
8th Nov 2009, 10:17
I would like a mix of both. New storyline, NO flashbacks or anything, but i would like to see some of the old characters in a new TR-game.

trjunepearl
8th Nov 2009, 15:20
I'll be sad when tomb raider ends x_x
i really hope they start fresh and make the next game amazing so we'll get more fans and more people here in the forums :]

I agree... And although they should start with a new, fresh storyline altogether, I don't like where they're going with their ideas right now. It's just not Tomb Raider, and I'm afraid if they go through with it, they'll be out of business before we know it. :(

I'm kinda hoping TR ends before all respect for the franchise diminishes

....*GASP* You just broke my heart!

GamemasterJJ
8th Nov 2009, 18:10
New music? You don't see Indiana Jones with a new theme tune... Or Pirates of the Carribean... Or anything.. Music should be constant :)

nikkinickels
8th Nov 2009, 19:19
New music? You don't see Indiana Jones with a new theme tune... Or Pirates of the Carribean... Or anything.. Music should be constant :)

exactly, although i did love the Legend theme, that's about it.

IvanaKC
8th Nov 2009, 19:52
Underworld was conclusion of everything. I think this time we'll get something new. TR needs refreshment.

chriss_99
29th Nov 2009, 17:24
Fresh start is what Tomb Raider needs, the series needs to be revived. However, it's crucial to remember who is Lara Croft and what TR is about.