PDA

View Full Version : Strange room.

anirban_82
2nd Nov 2009, 22:31
Hi,
There is a room in (forgotten the building, it's the one you enter through the partially destroyed giant joker face) where the view switches to first person. There is a Joker mannequin there with a TV for a head and joker speaks to you. I think it's a room for the asylum inmates to meet relatives. Can anyone tell me what the point of the room is and why the view switches? It is weird.

deders
2nd Nov 2009, 23:34
the visitors center, where batman can go for a chat with his favourite inmate.
I like to pay him a visit every now and then, he often has something new to say.
The rest you will find out in due course.

homeycdawg
3rd Nov 2009, 04:14
It took me till my third playthrough to notice, but yeah deders right. The main function of the building is for the final boss fights, but if you stop in and walk up to the Joker TV after every plot point in the game (after beating a boss, rescuing certain people, etc.) he will talk to you about whatever it was you just accomplished.

I think it just changes to a first person view to make you wonder. Also it's a small room, so over shoulder cam might not work right.

I think it's kinda neat. Just like a little one-on-one with Joker after every "level".

Nemesis296
3rd Nov 2009, 04:14
Hi,
There is a room in (forgotten the building, it's the one you enter through the partially destroyed giant joker face) where the view switches to first person. There is a Joker mannequin there with a TV for a head and joker speaks to you. I think it's a room for the asylum inmates to meet relatives. Can anyone tell me what the point of the room is and why the view switches? It is weird.

The view switches because this room is really like an easter egg in the game. Each time you go in there they only want you to be able to look around the room, not using your gadgets, or manipulating the camera in any strange ways, so it's all first person. Kinda a nice touch in my opinion :) *Hint: Keep going back there, you never know what you might see or hear!*

nightrax
4th Nov 2009, 11:15
Cool, been in there before (completing the game etc)

But havent been back there since, might have to start up a new game just to see what the joker says.

What are you afraid of Bats...... Me in a thong :lol::lol: love that bit makes me laugh everytime.

Stigger
6th Nov 2009, 11:49
That's my wife's favorite part too. I'm a bit more partial to his reference to getting our next present just before we start the Harley/Gordon thing. Not sure why, but it tickles me no end...

As to the conversations, I haven't tried that going back between 'boss fights' thing yet. Damn it, gotta start another game now...

Paulley
6th Nov 2009, 19:34
well that and KOing the Party Thugs are atleast two reason why i need to play it again

Ranting Thespian
8th Nov 2009, 07:56
Don't forget to look at the outside of the entrance after certain points of the game. It will make you :D SMILE :D

homeycdawg
13th Nov 2009, 07:14
Haha there's one with Harley's head on Joker. Caught me by surprise. :D