PDA

View Full Version : Super High Score Glitch ~ RIJ Extreme

whistleblower
1st Nov 2009, 20:10
OK, so I'm trying for 3 medals in Rumble in the Jungle Extreme, for like the 20th time. I've only got 20k points going into the 4th round, I know I probably won't get three this time, but I need to practice with the 2 titans, I'm doing my thing chucking batarangs, dodging, strike, strike, counter, but generally getting my azz handed to me, with any luck I'll finish the round, no way I'm getting 3 medals. I'm taking out the last thug with an instant take down, both titans are still in, but one has been down on one knee for a few seconds, he's almost dead, I just gotta get over to him and finish him off. He starts to stand just as I finish off the last thug, then...nothing. Both titans just stand there, not frozen, just, well, standing there. I chuck a batarang at one and dive away, nothing. Feeling cautious I dive over to the weaker one, punch him and dive away...nothing. Feeling braver now, I run up to the weaker one and just start wailing on him: combo meter: x1, x2, x3, x5, x7, x9, critical hits are easy on a stationary target... x15, x17, x19, what the frak? I'll probably need to reset this, but just for the heck of it...x25, x27, x29, jeez how long will this go on?...x50, x52, x54, OK this is getting stupid, but how long will it go on?...x100, x200, x300, x400, x500, yep defiantly stupid, time to reset, but wait...what would happen if I spray some explosive gel near the weak one? BOOM and all hell breaks loose, weak one drops to one knee, ROAR goes the other, chuck a batarang, dive, titan take down, not once but twice! And the round is over. But now I'm checking out my score, holy shnikes! Well over a million points, and yep there it is on the leader board, with about 14 other now highly suspect scores. Look, I didn't intend to cheat, or exploit a glitch, it just kind of happened, and I defiantly do not belong in the top 10 with a ridiculous, unattainable score. I'm pretty good at the combat, 40+ strike combos, flawless freeflows & perfect knights, I get regularly, I rank pretty respectably when I earn it. But, I do not have the skills to get a legit 100k score, not yet anyway.

So this is my confession, if you look at the XLB leaderboard & you see the top 2 scores 11 & 12 MILLION, these have to be glitch scores, have to be. I see my score and I know how I got there, and it is not fair to the guys that really can get 100k+ scores. You know they can, cause they are the same top 15 or so guys on all the leaderboards. So, flame me if you need to, I had to get this out in the open, cause I doubt that anybody else will 'fess up. I am here to say, for a fact, that my score of 1,000,000+ points is bogus, and I suspect that all the scores over 200k on the XBL leaderboard for Rumble in the Jungle Extreme are too.

Kal-el373
2nd Nov 2009, 01:57
BRAVO. Thanks a lot. I was trying to figure out what the heck I was missing, and then you come along with some honesty and humility.
Let's hope this serves as a lesson to all. This is the single best post I have EVER read, including ANY OF MY OWN.
This is honestly, this is what gaming forums should be, this is whT they could be if there weren't sk many people so desperate to "one-up" eachother, that madness follows.
You're a class act, and all the rest of you phonies should be ashamed of yourself, you've had over 2 months now to explain what was up, AND NOT ONE OF YOU did so. You were too preoccupied with being all too pleased to enjoy other people feeling you had accomplished something they couldn't.
You're pathetic. Thank God for people like Yhe "whistleblower."
I hope you enjoyed your glory while it lasted, now you're exposed, and everyone you lied to knows you're full of it.
Thank you agIn whistleblower, now you just need to run for office.

whistleblower
2nd Nov 2009, 03:24
What I'd really like to know is who I can contact about having that score removed. Is that possible? I'd like to have a legit rank, not that I don't like seeing my gamer tag right there in the top 10, but it just ain't right. I didn't earn it.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
2nd Nov 2009, 05:13
Dude you have put my heart at ease!

homeycdawg
2nd Nov 2009, 07:08
I was kinda wondering why I couldn't figure out any of the secret ten million point moves like the board leaders. Not with combos and ground-pounds, thats for sure.

BloodLegacy
2nd Nov 2009, 16:07
BRAVO. Thanks a lot. I was trying to figure out what the heck I was missing, and then you come along with some honesty and humility.
Let's hope this serves as a lesson to all. This is the single best post I have EVER read, including ANY OF MY OWN.
This is honestly, this is what gaming forums should be, this is whT they could be if there weren't sk many people so desperate to "one-up" eachother, that madness follows.
You're a class act, and all the rest of you phonies should be ashamed of yourself, you've had over 2 months now to explain what was up, AND NOT ONE OF YOU did so. You were too preoccupied with being all too pleased to enjoy other people feeling you had accomplished something they couldn't.
I hope you enjoyed your glory while it lasted, now you're exposed, and everyone you lied to knows you're full of it.

Not one of us? Maybe not one of us got one of these scores, eh?
I actually felt a bit insulted by the post, all my scores are honest and you keep you using you're guilt feeding YOU's and YOU'RE's

:(

I doubt any of those people use these forums anyway. ;)

Hall E Woode
2nd Nov 2009, 16:59
I have to admit, I'd be hard pressed to reset also if that happened to me. Not for the high score...but just the sheer...weirdness of it.

whistleblower
3rd Nov 2009, 17:23
So, I really am serious about getting this score removed. Since this glitch I have been able to get scores in the 60k range, which I would rather have posted than, what amounts to me as a glowing neon sign that says "cheater". I have been searching but have found no info on the removal of scores, so any help would be great. I haven't posted my gamertag here because, well most people are vindictive and I don't want to catch any backlash for my honesty. I'm not trying to out anybody, I just want to clear my name. So I really want this score stricken from the leaderboard. Anybody have any advice/leads on how to get this done?

whistleblower
5th Nov 2009, 22:48
Well if anybody is interested in my continuing moral quandary, I have contacted XBL about having this score removed, and they were no help, none at all. They told me to contact Eidos. Although I do not think that the person I spoke to (in India) had even the slightest idea of what I was asking. I wonder if anybody has ever asked to have something like this done, my gut feeling is that I am the first...

homeycdawg
6th Nov 2009, 01:20
Both companies might not be prepared to handle this level of honesty.

Kai Rei
6th Nov 2009, 02:52

What are you complaining about? I feel somewhat offended by your post, and on top of that, your post makes you come off as a troll. No offence intended.

Not one of us? Maybe not one of us got one of these scores, eh?
I actually felt a bit insulted by the post, all my scores are honest and you keep you using you're guilt feeding YOU's and YOU'RE's

:(

I doubt any of those people use these forums anyway. ;)

Seconded.

Marcus
6th Nov 2009, 10:50
...You're a class act, and all the rest of you phonies should be ashamed of yourself, you've had over 2 months now to explain what was up, AND NOT ONE OF YOU did so. You were too preoccupied with being all too pleased to enjoy other people feeling you had accomplished something they couldn't...

I think it's pretty clear here that Kal-el's 'you' refers exclusively to people who knew about the glitch and were exploiting it to post high scores.

He probably should have used third-person language to be sure that he didn't make fellow forum members feel like they were under attack, but there's no need to go overboard in manufacturing offense.

whistleblower
6th Nov 2009, 17:19
In all fairness to the "others" who have posted super high scores on this map, I do not believe that this is a glitch that can be exploited. It seemed really random. I am also not really that surprised that no one revealed the "secret" of their score. I seriously doubt that anyone could intentionally create the glitch, even if they tried, I have no idea what exactly triggered the situation.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
6th Nov 2009, 19:47
In all fairness to the "others" who have posted super high scores on this map, I do not believe that this is a glitch that can be exploited. It seemed really random. I am also not really that surprised that no one revealed the "secret" of their score. I seriously doubt that anyone could intentionally create the glitch, even if they tried, I have no idea what exactly triggered the situation.

^^^THAT

Dont worry bout the scores, just change ur bio to say that it was a glitch and didnt "cheat"

alpenhorn99
19th Nov 2009, 20:05
Hi I was looking for real numbers from you xbox guys about what highscores are possible in the challenge maps, because I thought, no way you could cheat with a xbox.
In the PC game section we have even guys on the leaderboard that have scores in the Billions. sad to hear that your leaderboards are poisoned, too.

anyway if you want to get an idea how high "real" (uncheated) challenge scores can go up, visit my thread and math-proof here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=98238)