PDA

View Full Version : Problem in the game - missing textures, can' continue!

Grind Bastard
31st Oct 2009, 14:50
The game is the game of the year if you ask me (as long as COD:MW 2 is not out :D ), but I had some problems during the gameplay, but I managed to overcome these.

The really big problem is that I have now done 60% of the game, and simply can't continue.This is why: my next mission is to stop Poison Ivy from destroying the island, and therefore I need to enter the Botanical garden. Ok, I enter it, but there's nothing going on there (I looked at some walkthroughs, and there's supposed to be monsterplants everywhere, one that is in my way and which I need to go around, but there's nothing). I'm supposed to go through the opening on my left when I enter the Bot. garden, go down and emerge through that open crate, but it's closed and there's no plant.

So can somebody help me up with that? Do I need textures, how can I handle that because it sux pretty much. Now I can only solve some riddles, and there's no way to continue the game from this position.

I'm thankful for any help (especially for the one that helps me solve this major issue)!!!

Thanks!

GB

deders
31st Oct 2009, 15:01
Unfortunately this is a bug that occurs because the wrong level loads. You have all the textures there but they aren't being used. The only way to get round it is to make sure you back up your saves regularly after the second time you enter the batcave so if the bug does occur you can re-load again. your savegames will be in:
Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\SaveData

Grind Bastard
1st Nov 2009, 13:45
Thnx for the hint, but I can't get through the batcave and exit it like I did when it was attacked by the plants. I'll try some other things, and if nothing helps, I'll play it from the start...it won't be entertaining as it's been up till now, but **** it :D

deders
1st Nov 2009, 13:51
Thnx for the hint, but I can't get through the batcave and exit it like I did when it was attacked by the plants. I'll try some other things, and if nothing helps, I'll play it from the start...it won't be entertaining as it's been up till now, but **** it :D

It is a shame, but it's not exactly the worst game in the world to have to play again.

What I mean though, is that when you do start a new game, just before you get to the batcave for a second time, start backing up your savegames then because thats when the problem could start occuring.

Once it's happened I don't think you can go back, but by all means try anything you can and keep us posted if you do succeed.

Grind Bastard
1st Nov 2009, 15:57
It is a shame, but it's not exactly the worst game in the world to have to play again.

What I mean though, is that when you do start a new game, just before you get to the batcave for a second time, start backing up your savegames then because thats when the problem could start occuring.

Once it's happened I don't think you can go back, but by all means try anything you can and keep us posted if you do succeed.

Alright, I misunderstood you, but the advice is great. I usually save the data, but mostly when I finish the games, but now it's too late.

Btw. BAA is one of the best games to play again (and again and again and again) :cool:

MrAksakal
25th Aug 2010, 20:49
my next mission is stop poison ivy from destroying the island. but i got stuck at the exit batcawe i think the game has bugs here.I can not return to my previous save files. anyone can help me please? someone upload his savefiles?