PDA

View Full Version : Which TR would you most want to be remade?

Gemma_Darkmoon_
29th Oct 2009, 22:05
I know Arthur Pendragon wanted to get this poll put up so here it is.

Basically it's just saying which TR you most want to be remade by CD.

JRod108
29th Oct 2009, 22:09
EDIT: Okay, now I see it... :D

TR2.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
29th Oct 2009, 22:15
No The thread posts a couple of minutes before I got the poll finnished and posted. It is up now though

Flintmelody
1st Nov 2009, 01:14
TR2 for sure. Possibily the best TR and it's open to a big graphics improvement.

seashell093
1st Nov 2009, 01:55
TR2 but keep all traps puzzles and I agree with Flintmelody that it is open to graphics improvements...and it is the best TR ;)

donnabright
1st Nov 2009, 04:13
AOD gets my vote..

nikkinickels
1st Nov 2009, 04:29
AOD would need to be remade, but in a way i'd like legend to be remade just to have more levels and ect, i loved that game, i just wish it were longer, and underworld would be a good choice yet sort of a waste of time, but because it should be longer as well and the story should change a bit

_Love2Raid_
1st Nov 2009, 13:53
I would love to see how TR-II would look with current graphics. :)

IvanaKC
1st Nov 2009, 18:24
I wanna se TR3 in next-gen graphics!

Apollo_994
1st Nov 2009, 18:42
Tomb Raider 3 was the first tr game i played.So I would like to play it in a better graphic.

digifan
2nd Nov 2009, 20:04
After playing the Last Revelation (again) I would vote for this game. It is, after all a prelude to Von Croy's murder in AoD. We should asks the team over at Crystal Dynamics to take a closer look at this game, give it a modern look and improve the controls and graphics. Maybe we might even see the return of teenage Lara via Legend back in action. Now that's an interesting thought...

trjunepearl
3rd Nov 2009, 01:04
Well, it'd be great to see TR2 in Next Gen because it was SUCH an amazing game, buuut...my vote went immediately to AoD. If any game that is NEEDED to be remade, it would be that one. Lovely to be able to see a new TR2, but it's not necessary. I think it'd be the most appropriate and fair to remake AoD because 1. it was never even finished, 2. the storyline was absolutely amazing and it could have made an astounding trilogy, and 3. it deserves to be as equally respected as the other games, unlike how it actually is just because it's incomplete.

I really do despise Eidos just a tad for sacking Core Design and hurrying them to finish AoD. I still do NOT understand why they did it. Which would you rather have- A) A full, complete, and very long game with polished graphics, cinematics, extra levels, eliminated of most glitches with a wonderful storyline that doesn't leave you with so many unanswered questions, and it end up being an extremely successful game or B) A glitchy, unfinished, unpolished, shortened game with incomplete storyline, deleted cinematics, cutscenes, characters, levels, etc. that almost ended a legendary series?????

I honestly don't know why, but apparently Eidos was risky enough to choose that second option. That's probably the stupidest thing they've ever done, but other than that, nothing else really went wrong in the series, in my opinion. I just honestly think AoD deserves a second shot at it.

TombRaiderFan09
3rd Nov 2009, 08:24
I want Tomb Raider Chronicles remade, it probably would look a lot better. Imagine the VCI levels in full 1080p...

MattFini
4th Nov 2009, 22:55
I know I'll probably catch hell for this ... but I'd love to see ALL the Core Tomb Raider games remade.

Don't get me wrong, I loved them at the time, but they haven't aged very well. The controls are so clunky by today's standards and while the graphics were pretty amazing for their time ... they just don't seem to have aged as well as some games.

But if I really had to pick ... I'm torn between 2 and AoD.

Tomb Raider II, because I think it would be AWESOME to see a completely next gen remake of those levels. Imagine the Venice level only instead of a barren city, it's loaded with people.

The realism they could bring to it would be unreal.

But AoD would be great because it was such an ambitious project: the story was fantastic, Lara has NEVER been more badass and the environments were awesome. But we all know it wasn't finished properly and I'd love to see that rectified.

trjunepearl
5th Nov 2009, 01:03

Tomb Raider II, because I think it would be AWESOME to see a completely next gen remake of those levels. Imagine the Venice level only instead of a barren city, it's loaded with people.

But AoD would be great because it was such an ambitious project: the story was fantastic, Lara has NEVER been more badass and the environments were awesome. But we all know it wasn't finished properly and I'd love to see that rectified.

Well said. Very well said. :thumb:

Studded*Belt
7th Nov 2009, 01:13
I vote for Tr:AoD ^^
Or Tr:II

Error96_
7th Nov 2009, 01:23
Kind of in agreement with everyone on this. Tomb Raider 2 is my fav TR of them all. It's graphics could be greatly improved now. Would be amazing to see that. That would really excite me - far more than the TR1 remake of TRA and maybe as much as a new release would. Got to be best for remake.

My other candidate is AOD. Where CD TR's skimmed the surface on the dark side of things AOD got deep and dark with the story. A tale with tons of emotion feeling and just beautiful in design. The concept is there for an incredible game that tops anything CD have done. If only it's glitches and problems could be fixed without killing its vibe.

SonicDeeHedgehog
7th Nov 2009, 01:24
Tomb Raider 2 or AOD

I kind of lean toward AOD because I think there was a good game there but it was poorly made and rushed.

angelus0901
7th Nov 2009, 10:26
Chronicles! I love the game!! ;)

Eljacko
15th Nov 2009, 21:06
I know I'll probably catch hell for this ... but I'd love to see ALL the Core Tomb Raider games remade.

Don't get me wrong, I loved them at the time, but they haven't aged very well. The controls are so clunky by today's standards and while the graphics were pretty amazing for their time ... they just don't seem to have aged as well as some games.

you know what

i agree
do the whole lot. I wouldnt get all pissy about it being a remake I would buy the games and would love it

TR 2 kicked ass
TR 3 kicked ass
TR 4 kicked ass
TR 5 never played but sure it kicked ass
TR 6 didnt like that much could never get past first level cos my game as broken but if it was revamped would play it
and the others there is no point at the moment but if there's gonna be a remake please at least do TR 2 then the rest

Arthur Pendragon
15th Nov 2009, 23:01
I know Arthur Pendragon wanted to get this poll put up so here it is.

Basically it's just saying which TR you most want to be remade by CD.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I didn't know how to start a polling thread

jayjay119
16th Nov 2009, 01:41
I voted for AOD, in my opinion it is the only game that warrants a remake and continuation just to give it the full treatment it deserved the first time round and to finally finish that great story.

All the other TR games are perfect as they are for me.

Arthur Pendragon
18th Nov 2009, 23:02
I couldn't agree more.

digifan
24th Nov 2009, 15:44
Maybe we can get CD to do all of them. :thumb:

The deadly stone head looked wicked in Chronicles. I wouldn't mind seeing it remade in HD. Just one more thing - If Crystal does get the permission to remake these games, please make the character's mouths move correctly with the words. In the third game's first cut scene Lara encoutered a band of rivals in her quest for the treasure. She was speaking to them but her mouth didn't move. :scratch: Maybe she's a telepath?

Shotgunner
30th Nov 2009, 15:47
My vote's for TR2.

MaloneCroft09
1st Dec 2009, 00:18
I loved AOD! I want it remade and continued!!:nut::nut::

WELL I CAN DREAM CANT I????:D

Falkenwut
1st Dec 2009, 00:46
Both TR2 and TRAOD. but TR2 is more of a priority for me

Shotgunner
1st Dec 2009, 04:55
I think AOD would be cool to remake but wasnt it designed to be like part 1 of a spinoff story or something like that? Or was the story concluded at the end? I never beat it so I don't know for sure....

By all means, correct me if I'm wrong.