PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Accounts - Issues and Linking

cacophonic7-261699
14th Aug 2012, 23:45
So, after installing FF7 PC and being prompted to log in, I did what any normal person would do and attempted to log in with my North American Square Enix account. It failed. After re-trying a dozen times I finally decided to click the "can't access your account" link, which made sense to me because I could not, in fact, access my account. It then prompted me for my email address. I entered it and was given a message that that email address doesnt exist in their system. Although it seems weird to me, at this point I am thinking that I need to create a new account. So I do, and I log in with that account. This allows me to play the game, but it seems strange to me, especially since my new profile has a games section and only shows FF7 in it, and none of my other games.

I now realize that despite being logged in with this NA account when I bought the game, and despite having paid with an NA billing address, the game defaults to wanting you to log in with an EU account. So I now have this NA account, and a brand new EU account, to which my FF7 PC copy is now registered. The email address is the same on both accounts.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Is it possible to use the serial number and register my newly downloaded FF7 PC version on my proper NA account, or is this something that I will need to contact customer support to rectify?

CanuckianOne-258948
14th Aug 2012, 23:54
I'm having the exact same problem. It's so confusing.

Except that is shows that I own the game on both my EU and NA accounts

member_10687667
15th Aug 2012, 05:36
Well I'm not sure where to post this so I'll just post it here. I have been having issues with FF7 since yesterday afternoon.

My first problem was when I was prompted for my email address and password. I gave both and got a message stating that they weren't correct. Tried a few more times and same thing. So thinking I had the wrong password I clicked the tab to reset/retrieve my password via email. This also gave a message that my email address was not in the system. The same email that I used to log in and purchase FF7 minutes before and got purchase confirmation sent to.

Well anyway, I figured something was wrong on my account so I clicked the tab on the upper right corner of the FF7 splash screen to (I hoped) verify my email and possibly get things working. The link was for new registration but I assumed I needed a new one since the old one wasn't working. Filled in the information, hit submit, and then noticed the link from the game I purchased and downloaded from the NA SE store had instead sent me to the UK SE store. So now I have 2 seperate accounts in different regions. I don't think this was intended but whatever, I tried the new password and the same email and that suprisingly worked.

I got into the game and was playing the game when Win7 update tells me I need to restart my computer. I quit FF7, reboot, wait for update, reload FF7 and click play. Then, FF7_EN.exe has stopped working. Click play, same crash? over and over. I tried to run as admin but that didn't work, nor did anything else I could think of.

I decide to reinstall FF7 which doesn't help much. I then decide to reinstall to a different directory which at least gets me as far as to the S/N prompt where I then get server error after server error every time I type it in. I somehow manage to get past that and using my European (I guess) account info back into the game. How long that will last, who knows, but if someone could tell me what I can do to fix this mess I'd greatly appreciate it.

tir43l
15th Aug 2012, 07:31
For some reason, it is very particular about what you have selected as your login. For instance, I had to choose the Square Enix NA (it should be an available option on the left hand side of the login screen) in order to properly log in.

BobSmash-260601
15th Aug 2012, 08:24
I can't even get past entering my activation code. It tells me there's a server error. What's going on, Square-Enix?

pedersoj
15th Aug 2012, 08:51
The activation code was sent in an email that you should have received after you purchased the game, but I had to go into my spam folder to find the email...

My problem is that when I hit "PLAY" on the load screen, the box blinks, and nothing else happens. The game does not open, and my curser does not even go into think mode.

BobSmash-260601
15th Aug 2012, 08:54
I got the code and I've been entering it. When I enter it, though, I get a vague "server error" message and I can't go any further.

galpin25
15th Aug 2012, 09:10
The activation code was sent in an email that you should have received after you purchased the game, but I had to go into my spam folder to find the email...

My problem is that when I hit "PLAY" on the load screen, the box blinks, and nothing else happens. The game does not open, and my curser does not even go into think mode.

Same here. Don't know what to do.

John99877
20th Aug 2012, 15:53
I was purchasing the new pc release of ff7, and i hadn't used this website before and had to make an account. I purchased it and started the D/l, But had exited the page with the CD keys and everything. Went to log back in, told me my info was wrong. Apparently i managed to put in the wrong email for the account i made when i bought it and can't reset my password. Was going to go through the websites support but figured I'd drop a post here too. I have the card info which was used for the purchase, should be enough proof to get it fixed. i hope.

Paridian-388621
12th Sep 2012, 04:44
The FAQ says:

I have purchased the game from the SQUARE ENIX Store, but my activation key will not work in the game launcher. What can I d

1) Log into this website using the "Log in" button in the top right corner of the screen.

2) Select "Add new game" from the top right corner drop-down menu.

3) Follow the instructions on screen using the activation key that you have been sent.

4) Once the game has been added to your Game Shelf, please run the game application again and log in with the account you have just used to register the product.

My problem is: i can't find this damn "Add new game" button.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

Paridian-388621
13th Sep 2012, 02:07
Help !!

I bought FF7 two days ago I am stilll unable to play.

When I enter my activation key I have the following message:

"We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly"

Grimoire
13th Sep 2012, 04:37
Here you go:

semna29.webs.com/Add_New_Game.jpg (http://semna29.webs.com/Add_New_Game.jpg)

(You have to be online on the EU website to see the Add New Game button.)

Paridian-388621
13th Sep 2012, 06:59
Thanks for your help!

The problem was I can't managed to log on the EU website coming from the launcher of FF7.

I created a new account directly on the EU website and I finaly get the "add new game" option.

Thanks again.

Grimoire
13th Sep 2012, 13:42
There is no need to thank me, I am simply trying to help out whenever I can. I hope everything will work as it should now, even if you had to use the EU SEM website instead of this one (still, that's what I did too).

sharding
13th Sep 2012, 19:27
Hello cacophonic7 and CanuckianOne,

Sorry to hear that you had problems getting the game activated on your accounts. Are either of you still unable to play the game on your NA profile? Please let us know if you are still having problems and we'll endeavor to work with you to get any outstanding issues fixed up.

Thanks!

sharding
14th Sep 2012, 17:27
Hi All,

It seems like there are several different issues being reported here. For any of you who replied to this thread and are still having issues, we invite you to contact the SQUARE ENIX Support center by calling 310-846-0345(option 3) 9AM-6PM(mon-fri) for further assistance.

Thanks!

a1fox3-455149
12th Oct 2012, 12:03
Untill FF7 is able to be bought in the USA I wish to have my account withdrawn.

Grimoire
12th Oct 2012, 12:08
[How do I cancel my MEMBERS account?]

support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=30017&id=495&la=1&ret=faq&pv=10&page=0&c=0&sc=0&so=4&q=Delete+Account)

member_10660568
13th Oct 2012, 21:43
Wait! Great news!! FFVII has been available in the United States since September 7, 1997! So you don't have to cancel your account! :)

Timmei
13th Oct 2012, 22:08
Wait! Great news!! FFVII has been available in the United States since September 7, 1997! So you don't have to cancel your account! :)

Is it bad that I seriously laughed at this? :D

And I don't know what they mean either, because they can also buy FF VII on their computer if they have 12 bucks.

a1fox3-455149
13th Oct 2012, 22:56

Yes I know the org. one has been out since then but there is a new one that has been released that will play on win 7, the org will not play on win 7.

At this time the NEW release of FF7 that work's on win 7 is not for the USA to buy and untill it is I dont need a account now do I.

a1fox3-455149
13th Oct 2012, 22:58

Yes I know the org. one has been out since then but there is a new one that has been released that will play on win 7, the org will not play on win 7.

At this time the NEW release of FF7 that work's on win 7 is not for the USA to buy and untill it is I dont need a account now do I.

Nope cant buy it in the USA.

osmond.ong
4th Apr 2013, 11:01
Hi.
I logged in to Facebook using my account and started playing the game. My wife wants to log in with her account too but the activation code has already been used. Is there a way to switch to her Facebook account on the same serial code?
Thanks!

SE-Chris
16th Apr 2013, 14:27
We apologize for the trouble you have been having with this title. We would like to let you know that you should make sure that each of you have your own set of Serial Codes, one for each of your accounts. This would allow you to sign in with separate account information, separate game saves, and keeping account information secure for each of you. We hope this information has been helpful and that you both enjoy your new adventures.

SWANK
30th Apr 2013, 07:11
I purchased Final Fantasy 7 yesterday and waited for it to download, it has finished the downloading process now everytime I try to log in on it, it tells me that my Square Enix account has not been registered, obviously its been registered if I'm able to log in on the site and post on the forums. Anyone have any idea what I am supposed to do?

Tsuko85
30th Apr 2013, 13:00
why didn't you just get the PS1 version of it from the Playstation Store?

SE-Chris
1st May 2013, 12:05
We apologize for the trouble you have been having with logging in. This issue may be related to the account itself. Since this seems to be account related we suggest you contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=444&la=1).

member_10064458
4th Jul 2013, 14:00
Is there any way to link the FF7 PC version to our NA accounts and not EU?

member_10064458
4th Jul 2013, 15:48
When I tried to login with my SE info to play, it connected me to a EU profile that was created last year and has none of my registered titles or anything else attatched to it. So I am pretty confused right now.

SageJMP
4th Jul 2013, 16:42
Same question, I bought FF7 off of steam, and it created an EU profile.

Grimoire
4th Jul 2013, 19:07
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)].

member_10064458
4th Jul 2013, 23:41
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)].

Can a moderator move it or do I need to make a new topic?

member_10064458
7th Jul 2013, 20:14
Is there any way to link the FF7 PC version to our NA accounts and not EU? When I tried to login with my SE info to play, it connected me to a EU profile that was created last year and has none of my registered titles or anything else attatched to it. So I am pretty confused right now.

xeveniah
8th Jul 2013, 01:56
At this point.. in my personal experiance as a software engineer and/or Arcatect the Securom drm square-enix chose to use was never properly setup on the North American servers due to thoughts of piracy it why it is not possiable i break out my scph 7501 big grey playstatione from 1998 bought an Ascii grip v2 one handed controller since my left arm is still paralyized from a near fatal ischemic right sided stroke on 1-13-2010 and play it in its good old original soundtrack glory... my handi-cappedness is why i spent $5.99usd on the pc version for character booster and cloud saves but the new soundtrack is poor quality the 3d quality isnt much better than the original ps version too bad i cant plug my gameshark pro into my computer

this is partly personal view and opinions from an American player of the greatest jcrpg/greatest game ever made

Xeveniah Darkwind

Grimoire
8th Jul 2013, 04:50
[Members Rewards Announcement (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29885727/Members_Rewards_Announcement)]

[We are currently undergoing unification with the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site.

What this means is a migration of user information for all of our North American Square Enix Members to the Square Enix Europe’s Registration system. This will allow for users from both regions to utilize a single sign-in for Square Enix features and programs. We will follow up with the necessary processes related to this migration in the coming months.

As a result of this unification, when the migration has completed, the Square Enix North American site and the Square Enix European site will be a joint effort, where the style, use and structure will mirror each other and be modeled after the current Square Enix European site design which you can view here (http://eu.square-enix.com/en/home).]

member_10064458
8th Jul 2013, 15:21
So if I link my steam account and FF7 to this new EU account now, will that cause a conflict later with my achievements and registered title list? I am already missing FFXI which I had registered twice before (the original and the ultimate versions) on my original NA account, which I still play. I sent in a support ticket to try and have it put back on my list.

Grimoire
9th Jul 2013, 04:57
Further information concerning the merge has yet to be revealed.

PowerSlam
18th Aug 2013, 09:41
Wrong post, here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=4529) the right.

Bridgetkfisher
29th Aug 2013, 13:53
Hi!
I bought FF7 on steam, its on my account in steam, but on square site it seems under an account i made a long time ago,
how do I get my FF7 game moved to this account instead of the other account?

here is my steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BridgetFisher/

This is the old account or something it got registered under for some reason:
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/account/4272431
should I post the password to that account so Square enix can access it?

(I have no saves since I havent played the game so I dont care if they get lost.)

nevercrymoon
31st Aug 2013, 13:18
I bought this game yesterday with eager anticipation of reliving some of my favourite moments of this game. When signing up for the website, I thought it would save me time and effort to create my account by linking it with my Steam account. However, after installing the game just fine- no issues, when I go to log in it says my email is invalid.

Apparently I don't have a Square Enix account as when I go to the account recovery page (thinking perhaps I had made an error) I merely receive "Email address not registered. " as a response when I type in the email I use with my Steam account.

What I thought was saving me time has now really stressed me out.
Could I please get some feedback as to how I should proceed from here?

Thanks.

toker803
1st Sep 2013, 02:27
I'm still having the same problem too after leaving it alone for a couple of days. Still an unrecognized account email when logging into the game launcher. Even though on my profile it says my steam account is linked to SE..

nevercrymoon
2nd Sep 2013, 11:26
Still no luck... I really would like to play the game I bought. Is there nothing I can do to fix this??

nevercrymoon
3rd Sep 2013, 18:43
Update: I also tried linking my account with my facebook account to sign in to the game that way, but it simply comes up with a connection error time after time. I'm really getting desperate now.

Pipzilla
3rd Sep 2013, 20:06
I'm having exact same issue but for FFXIV. Have emailed support but not expecting a quick reply, any fixes out there yet?

icephoenix181
13th Oct 2013, 05:39
First off, I am highly displeased about having to login at all to play FF7, a game I already own a PS1 disc of. If Square continues such shenanigans, they can kiss my future money goodbye.

Second, this launcher won't let me login with the very account I just logged in to post as. How is this possible?

icephoenix181
13th Oct 2013, 05:58
nevermind, got it to work.

X-e-t-a-n-X
22nd Nov 2013, 06:33
ok first off I bought it on steam took me like 4 hours to get the **** running had to make an account for this bull****. had to do all kinda dumbass **** anyways spent all nite trying to be able to play the game. Ok I got it working played like 3 hours now I don't know how to load my save data. Everytime I went to save point it said sync or something in the corner so I assumed it was saving it somewhere even tho next time I went to overwrite the save all the slots was blank. Ok can someone tell me where this cloud **** saved my game pls. I thought I just just needed to log into this **** account I was forced to make for it to load but it's not working. If someone could help me load my save game that would be great. This seems like a complete **** up of the greatest game ever made. So far its been nothing but a problem make this account make that one do this why not just leave the **** alone n let it work like it did back in the day goddamn im pissed

X-e-t-a-n-X
22nd Nov 2013, 08:09
ok wtf now every time i log into squares dumbass site it pop up no saves played 0 hour 0 min and no last party but I have 4 achievements done. this **** is a joke give me back my 13$

Jtheory
28th Nov 2013, 21:33
how?

ammo1md
29th Nov 2013, 01:29
I just recently bought and installed FF VII. However When the login screen pops up after checking the patches I put my info in and it gives the error "Too many unsuccessful login attempts. Please try again later, or recover your password." I waited 30 minutes before trying again and still had the error pop up. I made sure the game was registered to my account as well.

Pastmyth
29th Nov 2013, 04:40
I'm having the same error and this is my second account.

Arkay6
29th Nov 2013, 08:17
Yes, how can I get pass the ****ty login screen?

Dkalban
30th Nov 2013, 19:19
How does it work?

AnimalMan91
9th Dec 2013, 22:09
Good question. How does it work? I know your true ID gets sent in a later email (something that defeats the purpose of creating your own unique ID) but I keep getting a 'Sorry something went wrong' page. Logging into another client to play a game is bad enough until the client doesn't actually work. Awful and awful again. Get rid of this 3rd party nonsense and let me play the game I paid for. I didn't even buy it here I got it from Steam.

sithlord495
3rd Jan 2014, 04:03
So I bought this game a year ago through squareenix, but it's not showing up in my account. It shows it as registered, but I'm not sure how to download it again..

OneEyedLeftist2
26th Jul 2014, 03:38
I've been having this problem ever since I bought Final Fantasy VII probably a year ago. My Square Enix account, when I click "View Online Profile" says I have no save game data or achievements. I have the game. I've saved games, gotten achievements.. I can reload my games, they save to the cloud saves.

But according to my Square Enix account, none of it exists. I've never played the game according to it.

Lazrathe
15th Jun 2015, 03:38
Today I just purchased final fantasy VII on the steam summer sale. After i downloaded the game it tells me i need to set up a square enix account which i did. I went through the usual steps of going to my email clicking for the confirmation answering all the stupid questions and on Square Enix website shows that my account has been confirmed. When i try to log into the game its telling me that the account isnt confirmed and cant log into the game. I sent square enix an email asking for support and havent gotten an answer back so i tried using the chat service which is unavailable. I bought your game want to play your game and the only thing in my way is the ones who created the game in the first place. Im about to just return the game on steam and use my money to buy a product from a company that actually cares and has some kind of customer service.

RayTerlon
13th Nov 2015, 17:53
First off lemme start by this is the most retarded system i've ever seen that doesn't show your username on top but shows your nickname or your surname and real name,

I've been trying to find my Enix ID for the past hour now and am raging on this ****...
Some people said use the email that they sent you to confirm your email to see your name, the email has nothing.
Been trying to contact technical support but to contact them you have to enter your enix id.. like wtf? Who the **** made this?

Someone for ****s sake give me the way to find this stupid ID cause am kind of fed up now..