PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Possible hints at future stuff found.

Khalith
1st Mar 2014, 07:01
So I know Psyonix won't give us the specifics but I am looking through the game files and found a few things listed that I couldn't readily associate with any of the classes, so I decided I'd post the filenames I found here, so we can speculate away!

I am only going to post the stuff that I couldn't figure out.

Ability_ FeignDeath
Ability_Lifeleech
Ability_MarkTarget
Ability_Multitrap
Ability_Sacrifice
Ability_Teleport
Ability_ThrowPlayer
Armor_SneakHuman 2-5
Inventory_MarkTarget
SummonVampire_ARC
SummonHuman_ARC
Weapon_Barrage
Weapon_Crossbow_Founder
Weapon_LegSweep
Weapon_Pistols
Weapon_PoisonDart
Weapon_PoisonShot
Weapon_Whip
Weapon_SlowTar
Weapon_Snare
Weapon_SnarePoison
Weapon_Torquebow_Founder
SFX_ShadowStep

One file I found explains one of the abilities. In the files it says "MindVamp_FeignDeath," so obviously feigning death will be one of the abilities of the deceiver. The pistols and whip though? Those I can't really associate with any of the current classes, dunno what the rest could be. Hints at new classes!? A pistolier with a whip? A vampire killer with a whip!? We going castlevania up in here!? Not that I'm complaining!

Tureil
1st Mar 2014, 07:17
So I know Psyonix won't give us the specifics but I am looking through the game files and found a few things listed that I couldn't readily associate with any of the classes, so I decided I'd post the filenames I found here, so we can speculate away!

I am only going to post the stuff that I couldn't figure out.

Ability_ FeignDeath --This could go either Deceiver or Melcahim to me. Though if it said "MindVamp" it's likely the former
Ability_Lifeleech -- I'm swingin' Melchaim
Ability_MarkTarget -- This is a toss-up for both factions
Ability_Multitrap -- Sounds like a Scout
Ability_Sacrifice -- Thinking Deceiver
Ability_Teleport -- Melcahim 'phasing' perhaps?
Ability_ThrowPlayer -- IF this isn't Tyrant/Turelim I will be astounded
Armor_SneakHuman 2-5 -- Toss up between both factions
Inventory_MarkTarget - Iono -scratches head-
SummonVampire_ARC - Iono -scratches more-
SummonHuman_ARC - Lolwut
Weapon_Barrage - Toss up
Weapon_Crossbow_Founder Sounds like a bonus weapon
Weapon_LegSweep Whip ability?
Weapon_Pistols - New human class?
Weapon_PoisonDart - I can see a ton of the classes using this. Toss up
Weapon_PoisonShot - Toss up between the humans
Weapon_Whip - Goin' Indiana Jones up in this
Weapon_SlowTar - Toss up
Weapon_Snare - Scout?
Weapon_SnarePoison - Scout?
Weapon_Torquebow_Founder - Another fancy weapon for later. Sweet
SFX_ShadowStep - Deceiver, likely

Adding my speculations to your quote.

CoOkiedude
1st Mar 2014, 08:06
Shadow step is Reaver/Dumahim. It's a really cool new ability for the F button and was showcased along with his new ability for the Q slot "Roundhouse" in the twitch stream. Throw person for the Tyrant most likely but I am sincerely hoping it's telekinesis related because it's getting a little annoying he has no Telekinetic abilities (being a Turelim and all) . Also , Mark is the new scout ability.I think it marks a vampire somehow and damage is augmented on that vampire for the duration? Something like that.

Khalith
1st Mar 2014, 16:21
Shadow step is Reaver/Dumahim. It's a really cool new ability for the F button and was showcased along with his new ability for the Q slot "Roundhouse" in the twitch stream. Throw person for the Tyrant most likely but I am sincerely hoping it's telekinesis related because it's getting a little annoying he has no Telekinetic abilities (being a Turelim and all) . Also , Mark is the new scout ability.I think it marks a vampire somehow and damage is augmented on that vampire for the duration? Something like that.

Good to hear! I missed the livestream and didn't see it on youtube so I never go to watch it. Don't suppose there is some kind of archive on twitch to watch it? That explains a few things at least!

cmstache
1st Mar 2014, 19:12
Whip is a hunter ability that pulls vamps off buildings.

I think Feign Death was mentioned as a deceiver skill at some point.

Mark target is the new scout skill (primary), it marks an opponent and, if rumor is true, has a dmg multiplier on them during that time.

Slow tar is probably an alchemist or reaver primary.

Summon vampire is probably the illusion ability of the deceiver?

Poison shot, following the naming pattern, would be a hunter skill.

Snare is probably also hunter primary.

Belokk
1st Mar 2014, 20:59
I REALLY hope throw player will be for Tyrants but NOT just restricted to enemy humans

Throwing a Reaver or hell another Tyrant to pick off a fleeing human/as an initiation to the enemy team would be so effective (and awesome)

CoOkiedude
2nd Mar 2014, 07:00
You know I just had a theory about the Throw Player thing....Do you remember in Soul Reaver 1 how you could grapple vampires after you had wounded them enough and throw them on stuff ? I'm thinking this ability could be just that. The Tyrant sort of opens his arms like a cuddly bear to signify he is about to hug the life out of you, proceeds to grab you and tosses you a good distance away! Interesting...(would still sadden me it's not telekinesis-related,however).

Phaneron
2nd Mar 2014, 17:21
Mark target is the new scout skill (primary), it marks an opponent and, if rumor is true, has a dmg multiplier on them during that time.

It makes the affected vampire shine the same way as humans do in new smoke bomb and it displays a target mark over his head. Also it gives 10% increased damage on target. I had it used on me, pretty annoying stuff :P