PDA

View Full Version : Have to Load Disk to Start the Game? That Right? ?!

BlueDestiny
25th Oct 2009, 19:27
I installed the game recently, and it didn't give me an Icon in my directory or on my desktop to start the game... did I read this right that I have to open and close my disk tray every time I want to run the game?

If so, that's pretty lame. I don't load disks except very infrequently, and my PC (one of many in use) is not within easy reach... so I'm down on the floor reaching for the disk tray every time I want to play the game - and on this particular PC, its one with the drive behind a door (Alienware), so I'm crawling and dealing with the hinge-out and to the side door. ?!

I've never heard of such a thing... these guys not know how to conform to PC game norms?

defaultusername
25th Oct 2009, 19:39
There should be a shortcut in the Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum folder in the start menu. If there isn't, there is always the main .exe, which is located in your install directory (C:\Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries by default in XP).

deders
25th Oct 2009, 19:45
you can also double click on your dvd drive in my computer, this should autorun whatever is in the drive. do you know how to make a shortcut on the desktop?

BlueDestiny
25th Oct 2009, 21:19
There should be a shortcut in the Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum folder in the start menu. If there isn't, there is always the main .exe, which is located in your install directory (C:\Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries by default in XP).

That did it, found the BMLauncher file in the Binaries directory... thanks!