PDA

View Full Version : MISC. The First 24.....

Thestreetuluv
1st Mar 2014, 06:22
Howdy....I have come to just write a few notes down about nosgoth closeeeddd beta...
all of these are written about my experience of the first 24 hours of the closed beta being open.
Most of these views are my opinion therefore if you would like to elaborate on a view I am open for and discussion.

-There are a few ledges in a couple of maps that when you jump from one building to another you will land on an invisible ledge. It has also happened a few time just when climbing up.

-I have many things that I want to say about the new kidnap/abduct mechanic but I will keep it pg-13 lol!
The beginning mechanic increases the amount of skill needed to actually grab the target....but the fact that you can activate the skill, fly on the ground, circle your opponent almost twice, and still pull of the grab takes a great deal of the skill away because you end up trying to "fish" for a grab. I understand the old way cause some problems due to "kill combos" but I think we need to think of another alternative because it no longer is satisfying (to me) when I pick up a target because it doesn't feel "cool" it feels like I am a bird who is mad that you are not sharing your bread crumbs...if not an alternative you might want to at least reduce the amount of time allowed to pick up a target.

-The warbow got a significant nerf because vampires are now part cat( vampires fall damage have been significantly reduced). I think this was partly needed because it did force sentinels to either get out of the air or depend on there team to distract the scout/s before they could go in. In my opinion now the warbow is considered a "support" weapon. Because charge time is long and reload time isn't fast either you become a scout focused on interrupting/slowing down the opposition. In all aspects of the bow it is much more balanced now... but the satisfaction of hitting a tyrant/reaver mid jump and destroying a sentinel mid flight is long gone. I would like to see a small increase in vampire fall damage(because if you shoot a tyrant or reaver mid jump high in the air you should be rewarded with a better trade-off of damage).

-class specific rewards for leveling are set at 4 and 9. ( don't know about any further level rewards) I do not know if they were suppose to be set at intervals of 5.

-I do not know how I feel about unlocking classes but I know for sure you should take off the runestone cost because by doing so (in some people's eyes) you are making this a pay to win game. Because you are no longer talking about sidegrades you are talking about completely different classes that can change a match. It is fine to have it cost a good amount of gold and it is also fine to have the artifact tokens to unlock the classes too! But putting a runestone price on classes might be too much.( yet again this is all my opinion and I do understand it is nosgoth's easiest way to make money because if people buy anything, classes will be priority because these days everyone can be impatient :) )

- turret for scout does A LOT of damage.... its a forget about it perk.... you throw it down and forget about anything that comes close cause it will die with one extra shot most times. I don't know if I am correct in saying there his no hit notification because I don't even know if I am getting hit by it most times. (maybe it was because I was tired)

-If you shoot a vampire right in front of you (for example 1ft in front of you) with a fully charged war bow shot they will not be knocked down. Has happened a couple of times. I do not know if it is a 100% occurence or not.

-vampires (especially tyrants) have trouble climbing some areas. For example, when trying to climb over a health station reavers can easily do it but tyrants sometimes have trouble.

-When using echolocation it will sometimes cause names to appear above players. Don't know if this is how you designed it or not. ( could cause possible griefing)

-Hit detection can be iffy sometimes for vampires( don't know if this is due to my internet or some other reason)

-When doing puncture as a sentinel the ability will track the closest person so if you are aiming at someone behind another person, and then say the closest person runs behind you the sentinel will turn completely around for a second and use the ability instead of aiming where the camera is.

-When a tyrant is charging he has the tendency to "bounce around" when hitting walls lol. Don't know if this is intended but it is a little whacky.

-Multibow needs to be looked into. As a short range weapon it fails miserably. Mid range the other crossbows are still better. Long range it still does not do the job. Maybe stat changes or possibly releasing all three shots at once might help it but I do not know.

-leavers are starting to be an issue.....why be in a beta to test it and have fun when you are just going to leave a game because you think its unfair that (real reason why people left) "a vamp is melee spamming" or "scout camping with a warbow its unfair"

-issues with connectivity- dont know why but I was in a game last night where someone had terrible connection but it seemed as if he was going 100% faster with all melee/stun durations/and damaging abilities. Yet again don't know if this was internet or what.

These are all for right now cause my brain is still a little fried. If I remember more I will make sure to post.

DX2014
1st Mar 2014, 09:31
-class specific rewards for leveling are set at 4 and 9. ( don't know about any further level rewards) I do not know if they were suppose to be set at intervals of 5.
I noticed that with the character levels the 1st experience bar fills twice as if you are first leveling from 0-1 before proceeding to level from 1-2. I'm not sure if this is the case with the overall level.
You are filling the bar 5 or 10 times respectively before the unlocks appear. I'm unsure as to whether this was on purpose or is something that will be fixed with a later patch.

SiD_Green
1st Mar 2014, 10:51
Totally agree about kidnap/abduct. It feels really silly now.

Thestreetuluv
1st Mar 2014, 11:05
yea I did level 0-1 twice i think lol

agile2015
1st Mar 2014, 20:28

-I do not know how I feel about unlocking classes but I know for sure you should take off the runestone cost because by doing so (in some people's eyes) you are making this a pay to win game. Because you are no longer talking about sidegrades you are talking about completely different classes that can change a match. It is fine to have it cost a good amount of gold and it is also fine to have the artifact tokens to unlock the classes too! But putting a runestone price on classes might be too much.( yet again this is all my opinion and I do understand it is nosgoth's easiest way to make money because if people buy anything, classes will be priority because these days everyone can be impatient :) )

Well. Don't see any problem at all, actually. Sentinel and scout are more difficult than hunters\alchemists and tyrant\reavers. So the system is like gaining actual gaming experience before having more difficult class. If you, however, want to play worst and get your team killed your first runs, go on pay and get new classes.

Thestreetuluv
2nd Mar 2014, 02:05
Well. Don't see any problem at all, actually. Sentinel and scout are more difficult than hunters\alchemists and tyrant\reavers. So the system is like gaining actual gaming experience before having more difficult class. If you, however, want to play worst and get your team killed your first runs, go on pay and get new classes.

Its not these classes that I am entirely worried about......it is future classes

Oxyminoan
2nd Mar 2014, 18:21

The game is setup in a rock-paper-scissors format. Scouts counter Sents, Sents counter Alchemists. Putting these classes behind a paywall not only makes the game less interesting in terms of team composition, but it gives clear advantages to teams who have players who have unlocked them.

To then lock them behind a progression and/or paywall (remember, we're talking about classes, not weapon and perk sidegrades) is very much the essence of pay to win (even if it was strictly progression based, boosters and coin doublers still make it pay to win); something I think the Devs want to avoid. If this is the format with which they'll be releasing future classes, this is going to be a huge problem.

Not to mention that poor new player who sees a class that looks cool, spends the real money on it, and then finds out later that he could have just waited until he ranked up a bit more and gotten it for free. That's going to be a pretty sour customer that will probably be hesitant to purchase anything in the future.

Sdoots
4th Mar 2014, 03:33
The game is setup in a rock-paper-scissors format. Scouts counter Sents, Sents counter Alchemists. Putting these classes behind a paywall not only makes the game less interesting in terms of team composition, but it gives clear advantages to teams who have players who have unlocked them.

To then lock them behind a progression and/or paywall (remember, we're talking about classes, not weapon and perk sidegrades) is very much the essence of pay to win (even if it was strictly progression based, boosters and coin doublers still make it pay to win); something I think the Devs want to avoid. If this is the format with which they'll be releasing future classes, this is going to be a huge problem.

Not to mention that poor new player who sees a class that looks cool, spends the real money on it, and then finds out later that he could have just waited until he ranked up a bit more and gotten it for free. That's going to be a pretty sour customer that will probably be hesitant to purchase anything in the future.

This. So much this. A new player has no indication that they'll get those classes in a matter of time, but they do see them on the store. Naturally, that player is going to assume whoever they can't play as, is super cool and they'll want to play as that class. Player buys class, plays as the class for a while, and then finds out they would have just unlocked it anyways. One less player actively using your store, if even playing your game anymore, is sure to result.