PDA

View Full Version : now where to go?.........

4evertatombraiderfan
23rd Oct 2009, 22:37
hay y'all,

i'm new here, and i have tons of questions for you guys, or, rather the game.....

since doppleganger blew up laras amazing mansion, where will she go? i remember hearing somewhere that when laras father disapered, he left her more then one estate, i just wonder what her house will look like now..... maybe a romin looking mansion with big coloms and such, with mclaurens and bentleys parked in front, what you guys think???

Tihocan
24th Oct 2009, 04:32
Welcome to teh foruhm.

It's a little cottage in the Andes, where she trains in martial arts and endeavours to control her ki to become the greatest fighter in the world.

Oh wait - different game...

How about a massive condo on the Venetian coast?

4evertatombraiderfan
24th Oct 2009, 13:04
hmmmmm, sounds good. i have a fealing it is prob. going to be in spain, italy, france, somewhere classy.id love to see another mansion, that just seems to yell, croft, i don't think people in the other condoes whould apriciate various guns shots and explosions at 5:00 in the morning.

Ants_27_
24th Oct 2009, 16:45
I guess the 'exploding manor' idea could be a good way to allow people to play in the 'classic' manor again, but then fans would think they can stamp their feet and get CD to do what they want.

As for a manor, Lara should have this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Et1vuhj1po

It's real and that video is the sort of tour. Just watch it all, would be pretty fun:cool:

I can honestly say that that house (mansion) is out of even Lara's price range.

4evertatombraiderfan
24th Oct 2009, 20:01
eh, i don't like it. it just isn't laras taste. i admite it might be cool and fun, but laras old estate was at least 3x the size of that!!! i really want laras new house to be 3x times the size of her old, medivile, contemporary themed home. it would be cool to have a great big forye like that, and have an enomious croft seal on the granit floor. but all and all, not laras taste.

Ants_27_
24th Oct 2009, 20:31
eh, i don't like it. it just isn't laras taste. i admite it might be cool and fun, but laras old estate was at least 3x the size of that!!! i really want laras new house to be 3x times the size of her old, medivile, contemporary themed home. it would be cool to have a great big forye like that, and have an enomious croft seal on the granit floor. but all and all, not laras taste.

True, but I think even Lara's bank account would cry; at up down court's price tag anyway:lol:

Anyway, I'd prefer her to have her 'home' in Britain. Stick her in the lake district, who doesn't love that place, well those in Britain anyway!?:cool:

4evertatombraiderfan
24th Oct 2009, 20:37
i just remembered something, where DOES lara get this money????? she dosent get paid for raiding, but she has(had) this enormous house filled with cars that are the price of some houses, and now its all gone....... and she just blinks and walks off.

Ants_27_
24th Oct 2009, 20:40
i just remembered something, where DOES lara get this money????? she dosent get paid for raiding, but she has(had) this enormous house filled with cars that are the price of some houses, and now its all gone....... and she just blinks and walks off.

I sense some insurance fraud. Lara buys a restaurant with remaining money and pays some homeless person to set it on fire, thus tricking the insurance company into thinking it was an accident. Lara then flees to the tombs of Tunisia with her 'defrauded' money in tow.

Sometimes I worry about my imagination.:lol:

4evertatombraiderfan
24th Oct 2009, 20:43
wwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww............................................................................. that was........... wow...... you ever consider theripie?

Ants_27_
24th Oct 2009, 20:46
wwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww............................................................................. that was........... wow...... you ever consider theripie?

Nope but I probably should. I have a very over reactive imagination. That's the polite way of putting it.

I have days were my imagination runs to the finish line but doesn't stop.:p P.S. It's worse at night.:lol:

Ants_27_
24th Oct 2009, 20:57
On a more serious note from my random outburst about Lara committing fraud. :nut:

I'm sure Lara's money is locked within the bowels of a bank somewhere and I think Lara would earn an income for what she does (at times) like the original. I'm sure natla 'paid' Lara to search for the scion, or at least paid for the travel (in the beginning anyway).

Surely Lara did not look for the Scion for free?

4evertatombraiderfan
24th Oct 2009, 21:02
ok, good, now we're being serious. i think lara might have inheritid the money , or its in a trust fund or something. because remember, laras mom/dad where millionairs, and lara was the only child, pluse she was abandoned(you could say) at 9/10, so yah, probibly left to her by richard in his will.

Ants_27_
24th Oct 2009, 21:11
ok, good, now we're being serious. i think lara might have inheritid the money , or its in a trust fund or something. because remember, laras mom/dad where millionairs, and lara was the only child, pluse she was abandoned(you could say) at 9/10, so yah, probibly left to her by richard in his will.

Most of the inheritance money will probably still be in a form of 'bank', I mean Lara already had the house, (all she needs to pay is the maintenance of the house) and I'm sure she will live off the interest of the in hesitance money. I'm sure that is a lot of interest!:eek:

Wow, look at me talking like a fictional character actually has to pay bills.:lol: Sigh, sometimes I worry about my sanity. lol

Ants_27_
24th Oct 2009, 21:20
Sorry for double post.

Maybe Lara will just get her 'home' rebuilt? I don't think all of it was destroyed was it?

Tihocan
24th Oct 2009, 21:37
From what I've seen she's also a famous adventurer, who appears on the cover of magazines. Journalism is probably her main income (and maybe selling treasure from tombs...)
I'd also assume that the mansion is insured - no problem there. Sucks to lose all those artifacts though. Didn't she keep all the good stuff underground and a bit away from the mansion?

Ants_27_
24th Oct 2009, 21:50
From what I've seen she's also a famous adventurer, who appears on the cover of magazines. Journalism is probably her main income (and maybe selling treasure from tombs...)
I'd also assume that the mansion is insured - no problem there. Sucks to lose all those artifacts though. Didn't she keep all the good stuff underground and a bit away from the mansion?

I'm sure a lot of the more important things are underground actually because you never really see them that much. Though, they could just be in another part of the manor that we don't have access too. Heck she might not even keep them in the manor?

I now want Lara to live in the lake district, I mean C'mon who doesn't love the Lakes?

Max 28
25th Oct 2009, 02:36
I think Lara wouldn't leave England. There'd be too much controversy over taking British Lara to somewhere in Italy or France.

Whoa, Updown Court. What a waste. But still pretty amazing, that's grand staircase was to die for.

Lara's mansion should have all the training areas back.

4evertatombraiderfan
28th Oct 2009, 20:39
aaaa! finallly, a few days without a computer can make a person go crazy, now, where where we? ah yes, its not all about losing the house, as much as all that was lost with it! the family cript, the family photo above the grand fire place, those priceless artifacts, and, most of all, richards hidden room, under the manson, now probibley lost in lbs and lbs of stone. but yah, she will probibly get her house remade, unless...... this is a way to start ending the seies!!! because the next game has nothing to do with her house, so maybe that will be the last game, and they took this game(underworld) as a chance to eliminate it forever! they will probibly start killing off characters to!!! like winston, amamda, zip, ext.

Max 28
29th Oct 2009, 05:10
aaaa! finallly, a few days without a computer can make a person go crazy, now, where where we? ah yes, its not all about losing the house, as much as all that was lost with it! the family cript, the family photo above the grand fire place, those priceless artifacts, and, most of all, richards hidden room, under the manson, now probibley lost in lbs and lbs of stone. but yah, she will probibly get her house remade, unless...... this is a way to start ending the seies!!! because the next game has nothing to do with her house, so maybe that will be the last game, and they took this game(underworld) as a chance to eliminate it forever! they will probibly start killing off characters to!!! like winston, amamda, zip, ext.

Well not everything was lost. We actually saw the fire brigade arrive and the main structure was still up. It could actually be repaired probably. Plus we saw her in LS exploring in the cript, she was probably still living in her the manor then.

But if we're expecting a reboot who knows what we'll get. From the look of the concept ideas I doubt we'll see a manor.