PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Control Room, Titan, 1000 Henchman & Death!! AAAHHHH!!

Brianosaur
22nd Oct 2009, 23:47
This is my first play through and I am on Hard difficulty.
It has been challenging enough without being overly crazy.
Had to retry defeating Bane many times - but I did finally beat him.

I have been trying this Pressure Control Junction area for several days now.
There is an octagonal room, a single Titan, and a few elevators that dump like a thousand henchman on you over and over.

Once, I did manage to kill the Titan via three backrides and a drop of health remaining in Batman, but then the friggin' elevators opened up and more henchmen came out and beat me down ...AGAIN!

Should I focus on the henchman or the titan?

I've been using the claw a bit more and evading like crazy.

I usually sick it out and keep trying until I get it, but ts getting to the point where it isnt fun anymore.

What now?:mad2:

Scarn
23rd Oct 2009, 01:25
first off oyu should have played it on normal because its hard to counter without the counter icon. yea you should try to get rid of the henchmen first then go after the titain. you have to do allot of evadeing, mostly try to use the titain against them in other ways. or dod wut i do before the titain comes out go in front of the elevator were the henchmen come from and place explosive gel on the ground so when they come out that'll be at least hafe the henchmen out of oyur way for a while and also have the multi-baterang equiped after you place the gel. and you don't really have to use the batclaw only use it when no no one is close.

hope i helped.

arezina
23rd Oct 2009, 09:35
Starting your first play on Hard mode is for the DarkKnight only.

But you have a alternate solution, besides restarting the game. Go to the challenges rooms and practice, practice and practice. This combat is not that difficult as you begin to master the game combat system.

Regards,
Rezina

Brianosaur
24th Oct 2009, 11:27
Friggin' Finally! OMG that was annoying.

....first off oyu should have played it on normal because its hard to counter without the counter icon.

.... mostly try to use the titain against them in other ways.

..... place explosive gel on the ground
hope i helped.

I really dont play any games on setting 2 of 3 difficulty. But will usually play a setting 4 out of 5. 5 of 5 is usually retarded.
I like a challenge and feel like beating a game too easily isnt any fun. I HAVE to die many times, so I can overcome and feel like I accomplished a win. ...call me weird:nut:

Used the Titan alot - tnx

Used the gel at start -tnx

....Go to the challenges rooms and practice, practice and practice. This combat is not that difficult as you begin to master the game combat system.

This helped. Played several challenges for a while. Eventually, just when I felt like I was kicking butt and got into the *Zone* I jumped into storymode and did way better then before.

:cool:

If anyone down the road needs help at this part, pretty much I:

Did the gel at the door trick as mentioned above.

Focused on the Titan.

Punched and kicked the stunned Titan only when there werent many henchman around. He'll take damage just from hitting the wall.

Evaded like crazy when surrounded by HM and/or heard the Titan charging.

Used the claw alot. It really helped thin out the HM temporarily and then freed up space to batarang and punch the Titan. Also, the more stunned/grounded HM there were, the more I could focus on hitting just a few of them

Let the Titan ground punch and run over the HM for damage. He did the work for me while I evaded.

:D

JimmyTheCannon
30th Nov 2009, 04:07
Another tip - when you can, knock henchmen or the Titan into the electric forcefields. Always helps. If you're not already doing so, use the Quck Batarang on the Titan, instead of the aim and throw - it's much faster when he's charging. If you have room/time, though, aim and toss a multi-batarang, so that you hit one or two henchmen as well as the Titan.

al-x
8th Feb 2010, 19:12
Hello:

I searched and bumped this thread because this is where I am in the game. I chose to do
this instead of starting a new one. I know, I know, how resourceful so don't thank me all at
once...

Anyway, I am here. Any more tips and suggestions?

Al...

LIGHTS
8th Feb 2010, 20:40
Any more tips and suggestions?

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but in this type of situation with a Titan henchman, it's best to avoid attention on other henchmen and deal with the Titan first. It's usually the easy way out.

Like Bane, when it charges throw a Batarang to stun him and after he crashes into a wall you can beat him up and ride him to fend off other henchmen for a short period of time. Doing so does a great amount of damage and can knock out a huge group down, and it only takes maybe 6 or so smacks to clear the stage.

After the Titan throws you off his back, just rinse and repeat. Beat the Titan first, or deal with the remaining numbers and take out the Titan last for a nice finishing move.

al-x
9th Feb 2010, 00:16
Hello:

The problem is by the time I take out the Titan, I have so
little life left and so many henchmen that I am gone anyway...
I guess I have to keep at it.

Al...

LIGHTS
9th Feb 2010, 00:55
Try avoiding the other henchmen by dodging around. It's tough but you can manage. Once you hear the Titan releasing his roar, turn the camera to him, let out a Batarang and quickly get out of his way when he's charging at you. He'll ram into whichever thug that gets caught in the way.

There's your chance to throw your punches and kicks and jump on him for some smackin' action.

al-x
9th Feb 2010, 02:42
Try avoiding the other henchmen by dodging around. It's tough but you can manage. Once you hear the Titan releasing his roar, turn the camera to him, let out a Batarang and quickly get out of his way when he's charging at you. He'll ram into whichever thug that gets caught in the way.

There's your chance to throw your punches and kicks and jump on him for some smackin' action.

I just did it. I kept at it and I made it... Barely, but it is behind me.
Now for Ivy...

Al...

Allyndaar
4th Jul 2010, 07:54
Hey Brianosaur...

I've been cruising through hard mode so far without having much of an issue at all. I ran it first on Easy - I know, I know, but I wasn't sure I'd like the game so I started on that setting for a look-see - so I knew all the fights. But this Pressure Control Room is friggen hard. I've been stuck on it for 3 days straight and it wasn't until I read your post that I was able to beat it.

What fixed it for me was using the claw. You're always going to have a goon on your tail when you finish leaping about the room looking for a quiet corner, so either smack him once and Claw, or just Claw right at his chest so he gets hit too (this is the quick claw I'm talking about). That's 3 henchies out of combat and coming towards you. Only then did I start fighting the henchies as I found I could build up some very nice combos on the clawed guys and use them on the ones still standing. Just keep away from the Titan, and turn down the music so you wont miss the roar. I didn't evade once, and when I was swamped I just leaped about the room until I found a corner to Claw from... OR I'd hear the Titan roar and quick batarang him and he'd clear a corner for me anyway.

If you don't get to hit on the Titan each time he's stunned, don't worry about it. I had the 2nd wave in my room and Titan still had 2 thirds of his health.

Don't bother hopping on Titan's back the first time if you only have 3 or so guys left too. I found a few times (I've gone back and run the room again just to prove it wasn't a fluke) that it's just a waste when you could use the time to knock out these last ones before the room fills again. Twice I had time to drop more explosive gell too... which made the 2nd wave pretty squishy by the time they got to me.

So:
Use Gell at the start.
Use Claw.
Only melee after a Claw.
Stay away from Titan.
Quick Batarang rather than aim.
Keep moving - never ever get bogged down.

Now it's a walk in the park.

Cheers mate!

v3l0c1ty25
4th Jul 2010, 10:39
For me to extend playable time with a game instead of jumping straight to normal hard or however far a difficulty goes in a game i will run the game through on each difficulty obviously starting from easy! some games give multiple save slots for just such occasions so you have proof of finishing that difficulty, but thats just how i play and it tends to stretch a games play life without eventually going 'this is boring and im not playing a lower difficulty now'.

For me this method just seems to fill gaps instead of skipping different angles of experience for a game.

Allyndaar
4th Jul 2010, 15:06
It depends on what you get out of games in general. I must say I am definitely one for jumping straight in on one of the more difficult modes. I just get more out of the game that way. If I get stuck I can always try it on an easier setting in another save slot, but really only to hone my skills a bit so I can defeat the harder mode.

I just find games these days are much too easy to be enjoyable on their easier settings.

Allyn

P.S. Of course, there are a few games out there I couldn't even finish on easy mode. :P