PDA

View Full Version : PC running the game to fast

Lycurgus
22nd Oct 2009, 19:02
I was wondering if there was a fix for this. Just built a new computer and installed my batman game from steam. Ran it last night and it was like the game was running in fast forward. The game was playable, so not so fast that i couldnt play it, but you could definately see that is was running faster than what was intended. Game is maxed for graphics settings so that doesnt help. Any suggestions on how to fix this? PC Specs are:

i7-860
GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD4 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX
8GB RAM
ATI 5850
Windows 7 64bit

cyborg34572
22nd Oct 2009, 19:33
try settings its affinity to 1 core. See if that helps it slow down a bit.

lawsie
22nd Oct 2009, 22:24
i dont understand why it would run superfast on a setup like that? Older games run super turbo mode on newer pc's but they were not made for pc's that are in our age 10 times as fast. I mean most quadcores would do the same thing and mine certainly doesn't. Although my friend does reckon it moves a tad faster than the xbox version but not super super fast.

ReVolut1on
23rd Oct 2009, 07:43
Just try to reinstall. Which drivers are you using for GPU?

EDIT: Remember that the GPU you have is very new and drivers are still in an early stage. I believe that the first official drivers to support the card are version 9.10. Give them a try if you are using older ones.

arezina
23rd Oct 2009, 09:30
Simple, give your PC to me!

Regards,
Rezina