PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Neat in-game moments

Ygdrasel
1st Mar 2014, 04:39
Whether it be an amusing glitch or just a great coordinated attack or what have you, the best games will provide great moments. Sadly, I wasn't recording when these happened but anyway...

1) The first time I swooped into a house for a successful Kidnap then back out the door to carry them off. Pretty awesome. First time I shot a Reaver out of the air in mid-pounce was pretty great too.

2) Back in Alpha, started a match with two Sentinels on the team. I had just discovered the store so I was eager to try my new Reaver loadout. We spent about a full minute combing the map, trying to find anybody. Eventually popped into the chat to learn they were cowering inside some buildings for fear of the Sentinels. Well, they made a sliiiight mistake by...All hiding in the same very tiny building. While lunging across rooftops, I just barely spotted a human foot poking out of a doorway so I snuck over ready to pounce when I noticed the entire human team was in that same house. So I ran past the doorway and tossed a Choking Haze into the room. First Triple Kill in my time with Nosgoth. :D

3) In Beta, having difficulty with the sudden changes to Kidnap, I decided I needed to practice. Problem with that is practice is a massive pain when you're constantly sniped out of the air. So the next game I joined, I called a truce with the enemy: They don't shoot me, I won't go whisking them off halfway across the map to fall to their deaths. So I spent that match practicing the revamped Kidnap and true to my word, when I caught someone, I just carried them right along the ground and dropped them a few feet away. Actually pulled a few out of harm's way. For my services, I was dubbed Man-Bat Taxi Services Inc. (Of course, not everyone agreed with the truce so I still made the ones who shot me fall to their deaths)

4) All-Reaver team. Needed four more kills to hit 30 and end the match. Humans regrouping on the bridge in Sommerdamm (a favorite defensive spot, it seems). Each one gets pounced in unison (or very rapid succession), clawed to death. All I could think of at that point was the Mortal Kombat announcer's "Flawless Victory".

5) Human team. Lured three vampires into a building, tossed down a turret (my only remotely-useful function as a Scout), then attacked the exits with poison clouds and firewalls from our Alchemists. Only a couple died, but they all took pretty big chunks of damage either way.

6) Played Reaver, coordinated with a Sentinel. He'd swoop down and Kidnap a human, then drop them down into one of those buildings with a hole in the roof. I'd be waiting inside, throwing out a Choking Haze before they hit the ground then pouncing to hold them inside the poison cloud. They eventually wised up and pulled a Scout in to snipe him down, sent an Alchemist to burn me out. But it was a great time while it lasted. And we still won.

7) Same match as #6, human round. Had a team of Scouts, I went Alchemist because I'm useless at sniping. Enemy team had three Sentinels (hence why we were Scout-heavy) for some ill-advised reason. They come swooping down toward the wall where the Scouts are stationed, each one gets shot out of the air, they all drop together. And who should come by but the friendly neighborhood Alchemist with a Firewall...Then while they were disoriented and panicky, the Scouts rushed in with their knives and volleys to dish out more damage for a triple kill. I got killed by a few charged melees but it was still a pretty sweet show.

Tureil
1st Mar 2014, 05:29
3) In Beta, having difficulty with the sudden changes to Kidnap, I decided I needed to practice. Problem with that is practice is a massive pain when you're constantly sniped out of the air. So the next game I joined, I called a truce with the enemy: They don't shoot me, I won't go whisking them off halfway across the map to fall to their deaths. So I spent that match practicing the revamped Kidnap and true to my word, when I caught someone, I just carried them right along the ground and dropped them a few feet away. Actually pulled a few out of harm's way. For my services, I was dubbed Man-Bat Taxi Services Inc. (Of course, not everyone agreed with the truce so I still made the ones who shot me fall to their deaths)

Hey, bud! It's Peaches here. Lol. That was a fun couple rounds, wasnt it? XD Man-Bat Taxi Services 4 lyfe.

IKathaarI
1st Mar 2014, 08:53
Just tonight, on Freeport both teams got together on the docks and took some pictures together. I'd say that's pretty impressive. Then after pics were done, the vampires scattered, then came back after a few seconds to kick off the match.

DraegonSpawn
1st Mar 2014, 09:21
I was there for that, have one of the pics right here.
No one would look at the camera vampire

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198084264242/screenshot/450662799406251415

Tureil
1st Mar 2014, 09:24
I was there for that, have one of the pics right here
Broken Link Went Here

Fix yo' link foo. i wanna see.

DraegonSpawn
1st Mar 2014, 09:26
Ok fixed it, check above

Tureil
1st Mar 2014, 09:27
Ok fixed it, check above

Nope. Check to make sure it's set to Public viewing. My Nosgoth screenies are on Private by default! had to fix it myself.