PDA

View Full Version : How were you introduced to batman?

butterskenny
20th Oct 2009, 00:46
How?

Old_BenKenobi
20th Oct 2009, 00:56
TAS, when I was 6.

batfan08
20th Oct 2009, 00:57
You should've made this a checklist,as I was introduced through TAS,60's,movies,and comics.

butterskenny
20th Oct 2009, 00:58
Batfan08: Which came first?

lukeob94
20th Oct 2009, 01:05
well my mom said it satrted when i was really really lil like only a year or two and she rented batman 89 for me and i was enticed by it.she said after that i loved batman.i rember batman tas always being on ad i loved watching it.eventually ir ember batman and robin came out and i loved it even more.i also got a box set fro xmas one year of batman movies and i was introduced to batman returns and batman forever.also i rember when i went to my granparents house all the time i'd watvh batman 89 (thier copy) like 5 times and i rember learning to read from it.my grenadpa would read all the opening titles and then eventually i'd read with him and then i rember being able to read it by myself.

batfan08
20th Oct 2009, 01:44
I honestly can't remember,I assume it was TAS as my grandpa would let me pick out 1 comic every time he re-priced them,I miss those days,much simpler times...

Drazar
20th Oct 2009, 01:47
My earliest memory was Batman89 movie and Batman Returns. Tho i watched Adam West show everyday with my grandmother and then i watched BTAS and thats how it all started moving on. =p

kazinya91
20th Oct 2009, 01:48
the first thing i ever saw that was batman was the 60's show i always used to watch nick at nite back when i was like 8-10 and they had bewitched i love lucy i dream of genie and batman on usually watched it before i went to bed

Batman The Trailer Hunter
20th Oct 2009, 03:55
I had heard about him from older people, saw comics at bookstore, found video of animated series and fell in love!

GOGO
20th Oct 2009, 11:37
I thought we were just born with the knowledge of Batman.

Ammoh
20th Oct 2009, 14:17
I was introduced to Batman by the comics. I was very young when I first saw the re runs of Batman 1960's TV series, in the 80's, but I didn't enjoy it very much. I prefered reading the comics and watching Knight Rider and The A Team on TV. lol. :D

I was hooked on Batman after watching Batman (1989, Tim Burton).

Stigger
20th Oct 2009, 15:18
The 60's shows... well, reruns of it anyway, in the mid 70's really, on Saturday afternoons.

Wiedzmin
20th Oct 2009, 18:29
My earliest memory was Batman89 movie and Batman Returns. Tho i watched Adam West show everyday with my grandmother and then i watched BTAS and thats how it all started moving on. =p

Yeah my Bat experience was pretty much the same. My parents seemed to like Batman the most outta any super hero(s) I liked. I guess because he's really so normal compared to everyone else. Which is why he's my favorite super hero. Then TAS when I was in 1st grade :3 I used to watch that every day after school until it ended. And the 60s show when it came on TV there. I have my old Batman bedsheets from the Batman movie with DiVito in my car to cover the seats when my dog rides with me.

Betty
21st Oct 2009, 07:12
I first saw Batman by accident,while I was wonder in the video shop ,and I catch the view of the series,It’s surprise to me that it's not a cartoon only for kids .

SolidSnake_123
21st Oct 2009, 23:12
My friend got Shadow of the Bat #1 once... and I just jumped in and loved Batman.

xxhanzyxx
23rd Oct 2009, 21:57
I never realised what an influence BTAS was to everyone else getting into Batman! And yet they stopped making them boo hoo

ThatGuyHarris
24th Oct 2009, 04:24
I'm pretty sure it was TAS, because I was too young to go see either Batman or Batman Returns at the time.

deders
24th Oct 2009, 12:20
The 60's program used to be on early saturday mornings when I was about 3-4, along with Transformers. Though I Think it was Tim Burton's film many years later that made me a fan.

CaptainMcMulla
24th Oct 2009, 16:52
Batman TAS and the series which used to come on every saturday evenings.

butterskenny
26th Oct 2009, 23:21
Batman: TAS for me.

Dcool77
30th Oct 2009, 07:08
TAS though i think i saw Mask of the Phantasm first

The_Hylden
30th Oct 2009, 11:00
I'm a little confused as to what is what up there. The Adam West show, along with Batman in 60's cartoons (reruns, on the USA Network! :p), is where I saw him first as a kid. That made me a fan and the '89 Batman by Tim Burton skyrocketed that. It was also the first real movie, besides Bambi, I think, I ever saw in theaters. I was 9 at the time. Ghosbusters 2 came out like 6 months later. What a great time to be a kid!

Batman Returns was then a must-see and the TAS show to follow was like, wow! Up there with Transformers and The Real Ghosbusters in my all-time favorite cartoons :) I never could afford/knew where to get the comics, so I didn't read them, except A Death in the Family sometime in Middle School from the library. lol, what a book to have in the library! Little much for my preteen eyes... They also had the novels of Ninja Gaiden there, as well as other types of books, which were also a bit graphic. Crazy times.

supermanslayer
9th Nov 2009, 01:47
it was kind of a combo of the the animated series and the moview i.e mainly batmans returns and batman 89, but also batmn forvever, and batman and robin

Bear_Bat
13th Nov 2009, 16:29
I first learned about Batman when I was a little kid watching The Superfriends on Saturday morning. It wasn't long after that when I started buying Detective Comics and The Brave and The Bold.

The Brave and The Bold was an awesome comic book series because there were SGT Rock/Batman crossover stories.

SammiiDoogles
13th Nov 2009, 18:10
I was introduced by my dad, He loved Batman and I got it from there.
I remember having a Batman game on the PC that you played with a joystick when i was like 3 years old.
I used to watch TAS all the time and i remember going to this animation place with my parents i was really young and some of the people there were animating batman which as a 4 year old kid I thought was intense...
No idea where, somewhere in london?
I remember for my 5th birthday i got a Batmobile, Batman costume and a Batmask - And "Batman" showed up at my birthday party, watching back at the video of me and all the kids there like :eek: thinking it really was Batman is pretty funny haha

Ahhh the nostalgia is just pouring out now, I'll shut up haha

JD_Method
13th Nov 2009, 19:02
I can't remember if I saw Batman '89, Returns or TAS first. I grew up watching all of them. And I have a ****load of Batman action figures and toys. Did anyone have the TAS Batmobile with the Bat-plane that would eject from the the back? My one's broken I think. :(

SammiiDoogles
13th Nov 2009, 21:04
I can't remember if I saw Batman '89, Returns or TAS first. I grew up watching all of them. And I have a ****load of Batman action figures and toys. Did anyone have the TAS Batmobile with the Bat-plane that would eject from the the back? My one's broken I think. :(

YES!
hahaha - Except mines missing a wheel.
I think Jason Todd has been at work... ¬_¬

The_Hylden
13th Nov 2009, 21:36
YES!

Did Batman's action figure smell and Robin's lay an egg? :p

SammiiDoogles
13th Nov 2009, 21:46
Did Batman's action figure smell and Robin's lay an egg? :p

3ZCfa92qDi0

:p

JackieFiest
14th Nov 2009, 01:12
My ALL TIME favorite episode of B:TAS evar!

Dashing through the roof...in a one haus open tree...busting out I go...laughing all the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

JD_Method
14th Nov 2009, 02:26
YES!

Why do we have to break all our toys as kids? :lol:

homeycdawg
14th Nov 2009, 02:47
I can't remember that far back. Batman was like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. I don't remember when I learned about him. I only remember when I learned he wasn't real.

I chose Batman:TAS, since thats what made me a Batman "fan", more than Batman:89 did. Never was and still not a big super hero fan, but there's something special about Bats.

Drazar
14th Nov 2009, 07:55
Heh 52% for BTAS. :p

SammiiDoogles
14th Nov 2009, 12:24
Why do we have to break all our toys as kids? :lol:

Hahahaha I know!
I got an original Batman '66 Batmobile replica But as a kid i ruined it! Would be worth a couple hundred now...

The_Hylden
15th Nov 2009, 10:09
Heh 52% for BTAS. :p

Buncha younglings :p