PDA

View Full Version : Weird issue

batman3141592
19th Oct 2009, 03:57
After the movie intro, when you can control batman, without doing anything on my part, batman just spins around like you are panning to the left and doesn't stop. When I try to walk forward he just walks around in a circle. Totaly not playable. My pc is well up to specs, no other perifs connected. I've played dozens of FPS games, never seen a glitch like this before. Please help not cool for $50...

batman3141592
19th Oct 2009, 17:58
No body's has this issue? I dont get it.. I run FarCry, Fallout 3, Crysis, with out a problem but this game gives me a problem. I just dont get it. Did the whole shutdown/restart, unistall/reinstall. and nothing. I had the same problem with the demo BMAA. Thought it was just the demo, but guess not...:confused::confused::(:(

cyborg34572
19th Oct 2009, 18:18
Im afraid i dont know whats wrong.

Most of the time this problem woulod be fixed by unplugging gaming controllers u have plugged in your pc. But youv already done that and the problem still remains so idk what could be causing it.

Maybe the controls are not set correctly? idk.
but go to batmans launcher and see if the controls are set to keyboard+mouse and not mapped to a controller.

deders
19th Oct 2009, 20:03
Like Cyborg says this is usually related to controllers being plugged in and being on the floor with a stick pushed in one direction.
If the game detects a joypad button or stick is being pressed then it automatically hands control over to the control pad, meaning you can't use the mouse to look around at the same time. If there is no signal from the controller and then you press something on the keybopard or mouse, it will change back.
Arkham Asylum uses Xinput which comes via directX, it may be worth downloading a 360 controller emulator which should have a file XinputTest.exe which will detect if there is any signal coming from a 'ghost' pad. it may also be worth checking the controller's options in the control panel.

Leapo
19th Oct 2009, 21:49
I've had this happen with Fallout 3; character stuck spinning in circles.

I had left a USB xbox 360 Guitar Hero controller plugged in, and the game had detected it as a gamepad. The whammy bar is detected as an analog stick axis, leaving me stuck spinning in circles. I unplugged the guitar, the spinning stopped :D

If all else fails, you could compleatly disable gamepad support from the game config file.

batman3141592
20th Oct 2009, 15:51
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try it out.

batman3141592
21st Oct 2009, 16:26
Problem solved thanks, I simply unplugged the mouse, batman stopped spinning, plugged the mouse back in and all good. That was really weird, anyway thanks for the help

Nemesis296
21st Oct 2009, 19:52
Problem solved thanks, I simply unplugged the mouse, batman stopped spinning, plugged the mouse back in and all good. That was really weird, anyway thanks for the help

Especially with wireless/bluetooth mouse peripherals, they can get out of sync causing jumpy behavior. Good that unplugging it fixed the problem! It sounded like a mouse thing when you originally described it.