PDA

View Full Version : Superman/Batman sequel is coming!!!

batfan08
19th Oct 2009, 00:39
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/10/16/supermanbatman-animated-sequel-in-the-works/

iamtombombadil
19th Oct 2009, 00:48
Was Public enemies any good? I had heard that it was not worth the 60 minutes or so it lasted. Can you confirm or deny this? I can't rent it so if I was to watch it I would have to purchase it. Sequel is said to be at least 1 if not 2 years away though.

batfan08
19th Oct 2009, 00:53
I thought it was great.Some said it didn't have enough plot,but the book was more action oriented and I think the film was simply remaining faithful to the source material.

iamtombombadil
19th Oct 2009, 00:57
Book? What book is this based off of? I will just read it. Same title? Nevermind, I just found it. Thanks. I didn't know this was based off a book, but I am glad to see that Loeb is involved with it.

Drazar
19th Oct 2009, 01:04
Was Public enemies any good? I had heard that it was not worth the 60 minutes or so it lasted. Can you confirm or deny this? I can't rent it so if I was to watch it I would have to purchase it. Sequel is said to be at least 1 if not 2 years away though.

It's worth the rent really. I liked the special features but its a good voice acted movie with good action (thats too short) and based off of a silly story with Loeb-esque plotholes.

It's disappointing they make a sequal to the "least liked " DC DTV movie when Wonder Woman and Green Lantern have alot more potential if you ask me, but hey i've heard positive stuff from "Absolute Power" from Loeb's run, hopefully they take that. :thumb:

kazinya91
19th Oct 2009, 01:08
i thought it was awesome i mean ive seen better but i still think it was great the left some pretty epic stuff out from the comic that i thought was awesome but they didnt bastardize it

check out the books though i loved the whole series

Drazar
19th Oct 2009, 01:09
check out the books though i loved the whole series

If you got time, could you suggest us what story would you love to see as a film adaption and so on? Would love to hear some opinions from a guy who has read them. :thumb:

Old_BenKenobi
19th Oct 2009, 01:23
What a waste, IMO.

I'd much prefer a Dark Knight Returns or Killing Joke adaptation if they're going to do Batman.

kazinya91
19th Oct 2009, 01:23
the one i would like to see done is basically where batman and superman are watching a movie that in production about them and then live wire break onto the set and starts frying people bats and supes go down to stop here and what they didnt know was that the movie was using real kryptonite and superman gets taken out by livewire because of it. then batman and superman go on tear to get rid of all the worlds kryptonite.

thats just the first book the rest gets pretty cool and you really dont have to have awesome knowledge about any comics to get the story of this arc

cloned kryptonite doomsday any one!

if ya want me to do the others im gonna have to go re read em cuz im a little cloudy on some it but its a pretty epic story

iamtombombadil
19th Oct 2009, 01:26
I would love to see a cartoon adaptation to "No Mans Land".

Old_BenKenobi
19th Oct 2009, 01:30
That would be huge.

I'd like Timm to team up with Dini again and do a DCAU version of Year One, using the old style of animation and character models way back from 1992.

iamtombombadil
19th Oct 2009, 01:33
Year one would definitely rock.

Drazar
19th Oct 2009, 01:34
What a waste, IMO.

I'd much prefer a Dark Knight Returns or Killing Joke adaptation if they're going to do Batman.

DC and Marvel wil prolly never do M rated movies whenever its live action or animated, because the teen democracy is so important on the sales factor. I mean there is a good reason why Disney wanted Marvel when %60 of Marvel's income comes out of toys, shirts and whatnot.

Not to mention Watchmen showed how stupid parents can be. Bringing children to a R rated movie simply because "its a super hero" movie. >_<

I would love to see a cartoon adaptation to "No Mans Land".

The other sad truth is that these movies have a huge budget and they only seem to be able to pull out 67 minute long films. =/ I wish they could get a slightly bigger budget to extend the films for atleast 10-20 mins longer.

Old_BenKenobi
19th Oct 2009, 01:54
DC and Marvel wil prolly never do M rated movies whenever its live action or animated, because the teen democracy is so important on the sales factor. I mean there is a good reason why Disney wanted Marvel when %60 of Marvel's income comes out of toys, shirts and whatnot.

Not to mention Watchmen showed how stupid parents can be. Bringing children to a R rated movie simply because "its a super hero" movie. >_<

None of the animated movies are theatrical though, and Killing Joke isn't very explicit graphically. If they made it there would be a few gory discretion shots, but the violence isn't what made the Killing Joke what it is.

JackieFiest
19th Oct 2009, 02:10
One on hand, one reason why I purchased this movie was to show my support for Conroy with hopes he will do more. It's not my intent to say my one purchase is responsible for the sequel, but I'm glad I got the result I wanted.

On the other hand, I'd love to see "The Killing Joke" done in Dini, Timm and Hamill's hands.

Drazar
19th Oct 2009, 04:19
Well with the power of wikipedia and dcwikia i skooped some info on the other story arcs and here's my thoughts... Based on reviews/synopsis mind you! Spoilers are included so read at your own choice!

"The Supergirl From Krypton"
Wikipedia:
In "The Supergirl From Krypton" (issues #8-13, illustrated by Michael Turner), the Kryptonite asteroid is revealed to hold a pod that contains Superman's cousin Kara Zor-El. Batman says her arrival is too coincidental. Wonder Woman abducts Kara to Themyscira to train her for combat. Darkseid kidnaps Kara, intending her to be the new leader of the Female Furies. She is rescued from Darkseid and taken back to Earth. The villain follows; seemingly killing Kara at the home of Jonathan and Martha Kent. An enraged Superman throws Darkseid into the reality-spanning Source Wall, entrapping him. However, Kara is back in Themyscira and is introduced to the world as Supergirl.

You know i kinda like this as a sequal, cuz it would be a real sequal too admittedly, but think about all the female cast. Wonder Woman, The Female Furies, Granny Goodness lol and hey even the bad guy Darkseid is in this!

Absolute power seems quite intriquing concept too, but i wonder how good the story itself is, read it here:

"Absolute Power"
Wikipedia:
In "Absolute Power" (issues #14-18, illustrated by Carlos Pacheco), Lightning Lord, Saturn Queen and Cosmic King -- three supervillains from the 31st century -- eliminate members of the Justice League of America, except for young Superman and Batman, whom they raise as their own children. Batman and Superman are raised to be dictators of the world, eliminating all opposition and killing people who would otherwise be their friends. During a fight with Wonder Woman and the Freedom Fighters the timeline is thrown into chaos, and the two men travel through alternate timelines. Darkseid makes a deal with them in one reality to send them back through time to stop the supervillains who raised them from altering history. Superman and Batman restore history, but the murders they committed haunt them.

The enemy list is pretty unknown besides Ras' al ghul and Darkseid to be honest. The concept has an intriquing concept but the story itself is really up to be seen. Also Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (doesnt say which) and the Flash are in it too! Ya!

With a Vengeance!
Wikipedia:
In "With A Vengeance!" (issues #20-25, illustrated by Ed McGuiness), Mr. Mxyzptlk battles the Joker, who has tricked Bat-Mite out of his powers, using other characters as their pawns. Superman and Batman fight a team of superheroes from an alternate universe called the Maximums (a pastiche of Marvel Comics' Avengers series, more specifically their incarnations from the Ultimate universe, the Ultimates). Keeping the bargain he made in "Absolute Power", Superman frees Darkseid from the Source Wall. Double-crossed, Superman becomes stuck in the wall himself. Bizarro and multiple Supergirls rescue him. Everyone so far and many more other duplicates fight in an arena before Bat-Mite escapes. The two imps tie up all loose ends with their cosmic powers. Additionally, Superman, Batman and the Toyman discover that Captain Atom is alive.

I guess this could be a movie Batman fans wish. Terry Mcginnis makes an apperance, Batzarro, Bizarro, Joker, Darkseid and loads of characters not to mention a spoof out of Marvel's Avengers. @_@ Tho honestly the story itself seems like crap.

VXR
19th Oct 2009, 11:50
those idiots already ruined the voice actiing for the justice league one off.......

' All-star voice cast led by Mark Harmon (NCIS) as Superman, James Woods (Ghosts of Mississippi) as Owlman, Chris Noth (Sex and the City, Law & Order) as Lex Luthor, William Baldwin (Dirty Sexy Money) as Batman, Gina Torres (Serenity, Firefly) as Super Woman and Bruce Davison (X-Men) as the President.
'

ill pass.......william baldwin for batman ??????????/

are you @%&@ kidding me ??

royal flush
19th Oct 2009, 12:29
those idiots already ruined the voice actiing for the justice league one off.......

' All-star voice cast led by Mark Harmon (NCIS) as Superman, James Woods (Ghosts of Mississippi) as Owlman, Chris Noth (Sex and the City, Law & Order) as Lex Luthor, William Baldwin (Dirty Sexy Money) as Batman, Gina Torres (Serenity, Firefly) as Super Woman and Bruce Davison (X-Men) as the President.
'

my trust in andrea romano outweighs my own confusion in this casting

royal flush
19th Oct 2009, 12:32
if they do another batman movie i hope it's "the man who laughs"

kazinya91
19th Oct 2009, 12:36
i like all 3 of those story arcs but if your not a huge fan of superman comics there kinda hard to understand.

absolute power is fun but gets confusing
the supergirl gets kinda weird and hard to follow

this is the story i would like to see

In "K" (#44 to #49, illustrated by Shane Davis), Superman and Batman began a mission to collect and rid the Earth of every piece of Kryptonite, a substance lethal to Superman, which has been in great abundance since Kara's arrival earlier in this series. Along the way, Batman and Superman receive a lot of support from other heroes, including Firestorm, looking for membership in the JLA. They surprisingly also encounter some resistance, especially from the new Aquaman. This story also includes the reveal of two new variations of Kryptonite that have been also enhanced by a magical charm. One causes Superman to feel like a kid and care-free for the day, which also has implications of a drug-like effect, while the second restores him to normal. As they continue to search, they encounter the Last Line, a team run by Amanda Waller.

this is by far one of the less confusing better story lines in the series you dont have to deal with darkseid and the source wall its all done on earth and there some seriously awesome big fights and its got one of my favorite lines in a comic book in

Superman: I have a strange favor to ask you.

Batman: No clark, you cant borrow my pirate ship.

Drazar
19th Oct 2009, 13:50

'

If you're just gonna look for voice actors and ignore the story, animation and combat then thats your loss really. James Woods as Owlman, Chris Noth as Superman and other excelent choices are just spot on. YOu don't need COnroy to make a good movie. Honestly just watch the preview for the movie in your Superman|Batman: Public Enemies and you'll see.

I mean i'm all up for each for their own. You have your taste and i have mine, but i just don't like the idea of bashing Bruce Timm and Andrea Romano because they don't wish to cast the same voice actors for the same characters all the time. Know what i'm saying? :)

kazinya91
19th Oct 2009, 14:02
yeah i have to say i loved Adam Baldwin(jane in serenity & firefly) as superman in superman: doomsday he made an awesome light and dark superman

batfan08
19th Oct 2009, 15:48
I'm pumped for a sequel.This,honestly,was the result I was hoping for.As for which story arc,I say go in chronological order with the Supergirl from Krypton.It was some of Michael Turner's best work,and not only would it put DC higher in the animated market thsn they already are(It seems like it would be kind of difficult to animate Turner's work.),but it would also be a great tribute to Turner's life and work(He died last year of bone cancer)

Batman The Trailer Hunter
19th Oct 2009, 16:07
I prefer another batman movie, i havnt seen Public enemies yet but i know ima goina like it!

Old_BenKenobi
19th Oct 2009, 16:52
Public Enemies is alright, it's good at being what it's trying to be.

But I think they should go back to more classic stories for any future Batman efforts.

The_Hylden
14th Nov 2009, 11:23
I just finally saw it and have to add: it was pretty awesome :) Some parts like Lex being a tad out there near the end, and Batman having a full-on arsenal that never ran out, were a bit much, but the overall feel and the push of the story was great, imo. Superman and Batman together, their great lines to one another saving each other's bacon, and definitely "That was my best friend... And you just killed him!" ... it all felt like yes! This is why I fell in love with superheroes as a kid and this is why their stories are still so great. Thumbs up from me :D

JackieFiest
16th Nov 2009, 08:03

Hear, hear. omg that sucks...

xxhanzyxx
16th Nov 2009, 14:46
A bat family one.... NIGHTWING!!! lol I will never give up