PDA

View Full Version : DECEIVER I don't want it to play like the spy from TF2

retsaki
1st Mar 2014, 00:05
I don't know exactly what the class will be capable of, but I have read posts such as this one:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=9571

Human is already really tiresome to play as it is, since it requires much, much more teamwork to win. So far Deceiver sounds similar to TF2's spy and that's going to make PUG human play unbearable for me, so my questions are:

Will both sides get new classes in pairs?
Are there any really unique Human classes in the pipeline? (On the level of interest as, say, vampire's sentinel)
When will you be releasing the skill set for Deceiver? How exactly is Deceiver played? Is it more mind trick, or assassin and backstabbing?

Khalith
1st Mar 2014, 01:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sovPU282Vso&t=13m5s Click that to see the Deceiver gameplay shown by psyonix, that about sums it up.

Not sure about them getting classes in pair or how unique they will be. But that will show you how the deceiver plays at least.

cmstache
1st Mar 2014, 01:45
Most people start off liking vampres more. But, later realize (myself included) the humans seem to be more fun. It's because they keep you more engaged. :) You'll get used to it. :)

Hugbringer
3rd Mar 2014, 02:43
I don't think the Deceiver will be that bad. It'll mostly just be a nuisance on average and will make the whole 'Back against the wall' tactic a bit harder to do I think. Which will be a good thing I think.

From the video coverage it didn't seem like it was anything too difficult to deal with and humans will just start 'Bullet checking' each other anyway. Be a nice change of pace

cmstache
3rd Mar 2014, 03:05
I was thinking the same thing.

Khalith
3rd Mar 2014, 15:43
So I watched the deceiver gameplay from the twitch livestream archive and from that gameplay vid again and I can't help but notice he really sticks his butt out pretty far and the camera seems to focus on it. Once I got that thought in my head I couldn't stop noticing it. >_>

LauraOrganaSolo
9th Mar 2014, 16:08
Will both sides get new classes in pairs?
I was looking at the Known Bug List thread last night and noticed that under "Classes," in addition to all the ones we currently have and know about there was also a listing for "Prophet." So it sounds like they will come in pairs, they just aren't ready to officially announce the new human one yet.

RainaAudron
9th Mar 2014, 16:09
Yes, they will always come in pairs.

hirukaru
9th Mar 2014, 16:21
I was looking at the Known Bug List thread last night and noticed that under "Classes," in addition to all the ones we currently have and know about there was also a listing for "Prophet." So it sounds like they will come in pairs, they just aren't ready to officially announce the new human one yet.

Thanks for watching :) someone noticed.
It is not the official name yet just the leaked name from some dev movies.
So the name can change.

riggepls
11th Mar 2014, 06:16
I personally do not like this idea, its just a gimmicky thing that is not fun to play against. But hey maby i'm wrong it might work.

HereticSage
11th Mar 2014, 07:53
I don't like the idea of being able to pre-charge mind dominate. This kinda encourages keeping it until someone sticks their head out, and then they die. Wouldn't be a big deal if the cc were low duration, but it's so. long.

Saturnity
13th Mar 2014, 19:51
The deceiver is going to have some tools like the spy but there's no way in hell they'll play the same way. Against good players in a 4v4 environment, you just can't focus on getting backstabs. Running with the wrong speed around a small, highly coordinated group while only trying to get backstabs is complete suicide. Even though you're faster than the humans, backstab has a delay before it hits. Chances are that as deceiver you'll be using your other skills more.

I imagine that the deceiver's role will mainly be causing confusion once a fight already starts; backstab will just be bonus damage if the opportunity shows up.

cmstache
13th Mar 2014, 20:19
+1 to what he said.

Korevas
13th Mar 2014, 20:38
The deceiver is going to have some tools like the spy but there's no way in hell they'll play the same way. Against good players in a 4v4 environment, you just can't focus on getting backstabs. Running with the wrong speed around a small, highly coordinated group while only trying to get backstabs is complete suicide. Even though you're faster than the humans, backstab has a delay before it hits. Chances are that as deceiver you'll be using your other skills more.

I imagine that the deceiver's role will mainly be causing confusion once a fight already starts; backstab will just be bonus damage if the opportunity shows up.

This. In essence, the deceiver definitely won't play like a spy in TF2 because this isn't TF2, by a long shot. In better games, vampires require the same, if not more, teamplay then humans do; you have to play around the abilities of both your team members and opponents alike, none of which are really similar to TF2.