PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Will there be an API

Ghaarg
28th Feb 2014, 22:40
Hi there,

i wonder if there will be an api for (the stats of) the game?
ATM we can only see our own stats and it would be awesome to see the stats for other players and other ofc fancy statistics and charts about the game like the one in the blog posts. Is there any chance we get something like this?

Khalith
28th Feb 2014, 22:51
I don't agree with this. I don't want people seeing my stats, it's bad enough having people comment on K/D ratio already, the last thing I want is people seeing my overall stats or anyone else's. Just how we did in the specific round is enough.

blincoln
28th Feb 2014, 23:06
Khalith, what if it used an opt-in or opt-out model?

Edit: I'm neutral on the API part, but I think it would be fun to be able to see stats for other players, as long as they'd opted in to being viewed there.

Ghaarg
28th Feb 2014, 23:08
It could also just be anonymised data. This way you could prevent the e-p... thingy...
There are tons of information you could get without that.

Khalith
1st Mar 2014, 01:27
Khalith, what if it used an opt-in or opt-out model?

Edit: I'm neutral on the API part, but I think it would be fun to be able to see stats for other players, as long as they'd opted in to being viewed there.

Long as I can opt out, I'm fine with it. It's when people start boasting or putting down others I get annoyed.

Razaiim
1st Mar 2014, 03:10
I agree with khalith

DeputyPotato
3rd Mar 2014, 19:39
Long as I can opt out, I'm fine with it. It's when people start boasting or putting down others I get annoyed.

I agree with Blincoln an opt in should suffice for your worries.

Strike5150
4th Mar 2014, 08:16
While putting people down is definitely a negative I have to say stats would be awesome. I like to set goals for myself and see how well I'm performing compared to others. It is a competitive game afterall and part of being competitive is being able to measure yourself in some meaningful way. The negative behavior of others surrounding this issue is something that shouldn't be ignored but I don't think it should mean that we don't have stats. Overall not having stats is more negative for the game as a whole. It would severely limit the ability of a commentator to explain the game and gush over player skill if there are no stats to talk about.