PDA

View Full Version : More patch problems

Metaldave
17th Oct 2009, 11:22
Hi Guys,

I had a search of this forum and have Googled this issue but have not found any reference really to it.

When the patch downloads from Windows Live, it starts to install then I get this error - "batman arkham asylum has not been installed or could not be found redirect patch"

I can confirm the game is installed and working (I didn't bother with the patch until now, but the message every time I open the game now is just annoying. I have the game installed to a different drive from the default, so I'm wondering if that has anything to dod with it? Can I redirect the patch to me game?

I also downloaded the .exe from here but that doesn't work either, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

cyborg34572
17th Oct 2009, 12:39
the patch searches the game in its default installation directory in the system drive.
If it doesnt detect that then it will think that the game isnt installed

When it asks u to redirect the patch does it give u the option to browse the location of the game?, if it does then point it to its location.

Or you could download the patch and put it inside the batman binaries folder, then try to install it from there.

deders
17th Oct 2009, 12:54
I used the patch from this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538
and it had no trouble finding my installation on F:\ but then I've told windows that F:\program files is my default program files location using tweakUI so everything automatically goes there and not C:\

Metaldave
17th Oct 2009, 12:55
Hi Cyborg, it doesn't actually give me the opportunity to point to the install folder.

I also tried putting it in the same folder as the game but this doesn't let it see the game either.

Metaldave
17th Oct 2009, 13:22
Deders, that's actually the file I'm trying to use.

Cheers for the suggestions dudes.

deders
17th Oct 2009, 13:25
Deders, that's actually the file I'm trying to use.

Cheers for the suggestions dudes.

in that case, extract all the files from the patch (winrar should do it) and just copy them manually into the game directory, i'm pretty sure that is all the installer does anyway.

Metaldave
17th Oct 2009, 16:47
No dice bro, game won't start now, this error comes up -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/PUNISHER/bmaa_error.jpg

I'll try reinstalling.

cyborg34572
17th Oct 2009, 16:49
yeah same exact thing happend to me when i patched my game.
the game was running perfectly fine until it forced me to patch to 1.1 and that error appeard.

i reinstalled and played with an offline account so it woudnt bother forcing me to patch the game to 1.1
and everything was working fine after that.

edit:

this was the error that i was getting
http://i35.tinypic.com/6y1t8k.jpg

it looks exactly the same as the error ur getting.

i think a patch version out there is messed up.

Metaldave
17th Oct 2009, 16:59
I'm gonna install to the default directory just to see what happens..

Again, cheers for the help lads.