PDA

View Full Version : Last Scarecrow fight (Is it supposed to work like this?)

Nightfall812
16th Oct 2009, 19:51
Right before the cutscene when I face Scarecrow for the third time. My sound did a major stutter.... pink distorted lines appeared all over the screen.... then it went black.

I was like "well, my pc just crashed" I waited like 15 seconds or so and as I was about to hit the power button, the cutscene started playing. Still not sure if this was intended or a graphics glitch.

Also, after Joker shoots me in that level, it takes me a death scene, with the tip "move the mouse to dodge the bullet." So I was figuring I had to do that part again..... but instead it went on to the Scarecrow level.

Did this happen to anyone else?

lawsie
16th Oct 2009, 20:16
yes, its intended, i alt tabbed and ended task thinking my gfx card overheated and lost my save.

The_Hylden
17th Oct 2009, 05:00
lmao, it doesn't last 15 seconds, but yes... It's a great addition. You are Batman, by extension, so you suffer the delusions that Scarecrow is putting him through, just in the only way you really can -- through the game and your computer interactivity.

I will say, the game crash screen doesn't look quite like an actual game crash screen, so it's trying to give you a hint NOT to panic and automatically abort. It's a shame if anyone is losing a saved game because of it. I know how much that sucks.

Da Werecat
17th Oct 2009, 12:53
Also, after Joker shoots me in that level, it takes me a death scene, with the tip "move the mouse to dodge the bullet." So I was figuring I had to do that part again..... but instead it went on to the Scarecrow level.

"Tilt the mouse", not "move". :) By the way, "quit" button works similar to "retry" on that screen. I must say, that moment has nearly ruined atmosphere for me, reminding that it's just a game. Most of the players I know has found it hilarious, though. :)

Nightfall812
17th Oct 2009, 17:36
Yeah, that death-scene part after the gunshot is odd and rather out of place, seems like it should have just went directly to the Scarecrow level after the gunshot.

pleomax
18th Oct 2009, 08:30
I thought it was a good joke, my pc is overclocked so naturally i thought it had gone bust.

It was a way of making you feel the horror that batman was feeling.:eek:

JimmyTheCannon
30th Nov 2009, 04:10
It's not the first game that's done something like this, actually. I like it.

angelus0901
30th Nov 2009, 10:24
Oh, I hated that part!! I thought my graphic card was broken or sth... and it's new...

DarkDetective
7th Dec 2009, 04:08
I think it's the best. Especially the whole alternate scene where u're walking as the Joker. Good scene.

Want to get more out of your affiliate marketing efforts? Check out Get More Buyers to find out how to create a buyers list that will reap serious results. (http://cbpirate.com/s/gmb/jai.ceresoli/forumpost2)

homeycdawg
7th Dec 2009, 05:13
That system crash part really caught me by surprise. Especially since even though I knew instantly that it was not a windows error, it acted very much like a hardware failure. Scary stuff for a computer user. I wish more games messed with gamers heads like this.