PDA

View Full Version : Can't click install :(

Skrufmeister
15th Oct 2009, 14:55
Hey! I just bought the batman game, and when I put the CD into my computer, I can't click install :( I can click Install direct X, play game, read me etc, but not install.
I downloaded the demo before buying the game, and I think I have deleted all the folders.

anything I can do? :S

deders
15th Oct 2009, 15:18
look for autorun.exe

Skrufmeister
15th Oct 2009, 15:22
And delete that one?

deders
15th Oct 2009, 15:23
And delete that one?

if you want to install the game from the DVD then click autorun.exe

Marcus
15th Oct 2009, 15:26
The autorun is automatically running for him - but it's detecting that the game is already installed so the install button is greyed out.

This wouldn't be caused by the demo, but could be caused by a pre-existing pirated copy of the game, or an aborted install. There are a few threads on the forums covering how to clean out the registry, so the computer no longer appears to have Batman installed.

Skrufmeister
15th Oct 2009, 15:29
if you want to install the game from the DVD then click autorun.exe

There is a Notepad called autorun, and if I doubleclick, Autorun.exe is written.
Shall I click install on that one?

deders
15th Oct 2009, 15:31
There is a Notepad called autorun, and if I doubleclick, Autorun.exe is written.
Shall I click install on that one?

no, the one above it in (in alphabetical order) have you already installed the game previously?

Skrufmeister
15th Oct 2009, 15:33
no, the one above it in (in alphabetical order) have you already installed the game previously?

Only the demo that I downloaded. I found that notepad when I clicked "Explore" on the Batman icon.
I also tried to download it from piratebay :whistle: but I wasn't able to install that one..

deders
15th Oct 2009, 15:38
well like marcus said, installing the demo shouldn't affect the full game, but I did have this issue myself with the demo, I couldn't uninstall it and the only way to do so was to delete the demo folder in program files. After that the only way I could re-install it was to search through the registry for all references to Batman or Eidos and delete anything relevent to the game. otherwise when i tried to re-install the installer thought the demo was already installed.

Skrufmeister
15th Oct 2009, 15:41
Yes, there might be some traces of a pirated copy. could you please post a link to the thread where it says how to clean it out? :)

deders
15th Oct 2009, 15:49
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96790&highlight=registry

Skrufmeister
15th Oct 2009, 16:06
Thanks, I guess it helped a bit. I deleted the Eidos something something folder thingy, but do I need to delete the RocksteadyLTD folder thingy as well?
In the registry after typing regedit in the run box

Skrufmeister
15th Oct 2009, 16:13
Okay, I fixed it. Thank you guys, I love you :D