PDA

View Full Version : Finding Ivy at the botanical gardens with(!) goes wrong!

justme78
14th Oct 2009, 18:33
Hello,

Game works perfectly, good one this time! Anyway; no problems like grapple or other thing. However.
Afther I made the cure in the batcave and the plants destroy the computers and I escape I realize that the deadly plants of Ivy are gone from the gardens but i'm also not able to acces the Botanical gardens. It seems to be blocked but there's nothing in my way. (just afther entering the botanical gardens). I;ve been able to get by this blokkade but when I'm trying to enter the place where Ivy supposed to be (according to my map) the only thing I'm getting is a room with no ground, no walls or sealing. Only black surfaces where I cannot stand and a (beautiful) air/sky with the moon in it...

It happens everytime I'm entering this room. What's wrong?

cyborg34572
14th Oct 2009, 18:52
yeah its another bug that happens in the pirated version.
blocked places.

but if u have the legit copy and its still happening, then idk the solution to that im afraid.

justme78
14th Oct 2009, 19:07
yeah its another bug that happens in the pirated version.
blocked places.

but if u have the legit copy and its still happening, then idk the solution to that im afraid.

That's unfortunatly; it''s a legit copy from steam...

Stigger
14th Oct 2009, 20:44
You might try switching from Detective to Normal mode (or vice versa)... I had a similar problem in the Mansion, but toggling between the two seems to have fixed it the one time it happened.

justme78
15th Oct 2009, 05:19
You might try switching from Detective to Normal mode (or vice versa)... I had a similar problem in the Mansion, but toggling between the two seems to have fixed it the one time it happened.

Thnkz. I'll try it this evening. I hope it's going to be fixed; it is such a great game!
19:08 It did not work.

Tzzantaru
15th Oct 2009, 12:27
it's not going to be fixed , neither switching from/to detective mode will help in any way.the only thing that u can do is start the game all over again.I'm sorry but that's the only thing u can do

justme78
15th Oct 2009, 17:07
it's not going to be fixed , neither switching from/to detective mode will help in any way.the only thing that u can do is start the game all over again.I'm sorry but that's the only thing u can do

no! really? That sucks! I'm at 59%. Bummer..

one question; is there a garantee that this problem will not occure again?

deders
15th Oct 2009, 17:33
no! really? That sucks! I'm at 59%. Bummer..

one question; is there a garantee that this problem will not occure again?

Apparently this is a level load issue, basically instead of loading the level with Ivy's plants it loads the one without. so after starting again, if you back up your savegame every now and then (just alt-tab to Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\SaveData, and copy the save file onto your desktop or to another folder), I'd start doing this just before you go to the batcave for the second time, and keep doing it till you've defeated Ivy, and if you get the wrong level load then just revert to your backed up saved game.

Not exactly the mosty immersive way to play the game I know but at least you'll be able to finish the game.

justme78
16th Oct 2009, 16:20
Apparently this is a level load issue, basically instead of loading the level with Ivy's plants it loads the one without. so after starting again, if you back up your savegame every now and then (just alt-tab to Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\SaveData, and copy the save file onto your desktop or to another folder), I'd start doing this just before you go to the batcave for the second time, and keep doing it till you've defeated Ivy, and if you get the wrong level load then just revert to your backed up saved game.

Not exactly the mosty immersive way to play the game I know but at least you'll be able to finish the game.

Not exactly no, but i'll give it a try. thnkz!

izzy5
17th Jan 2010, 14:38
Same problem here. Does someone now have a solution for this?
I also own the original Steam Version. Yesterday the game didnt' load at all and now after re-installing it, I have the 'invisible wall' bug and the Ivy bug. It's pretty damn annoying..

LIGHTS
17th Jan 2010, 15:28
Try finding a crack/fix for it on Google or restart the game on another difficulty mode to see if it works. Or restart a couple of times. Good luck.

Laptopnut
17th Jan 2010, 15:49
I also recommend everyone does regular backups of their saves with this game, it will save you a lot of problems.

ryan1978
22nd Jan 2010, 20:33
Same problem here!
I will try derders suggestion.
Maybe that's the only way to bypass bugs and beat the game!

Harleylove
23rd Apr 2010, 01:13
I have that Ivy problem and I have grapple problem too so I reload and reload game again before ¬°It works I hope!

lightnrain
8th Jul 2011, 08:10
how do you tell if you have encounter the wrong level load issue ?

sever79
2nd Feb 2012, 22:59
any news? having the same problem, very very disappointing... I just could have pirated version, but I`ve foolishly paid for it...