PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Volumes 2-5 of No Mans Land

iamtombombadil
14th Oct 2009, 00:26
If you have these and would either like to sell them or trade, pm me please.

kazinya91
14th Oct 2009, 00:34
If you have these and would either like to sell them or trade, pm me please.

get em off amazon i think they run like 12 bucks for each all brand new

iamtombombadil
14th Oct 2009, 00:47
Or, perhaps someone here has them and would like to sell or trade. I know how to find them. Thanks.

iamtombombadil
14th Oct 2009, 12:58
Will ye no help a man, laddie? Will ye naw give a man a bone? Tis cruel of ye maties.

Old_BenKenobi
14th Oct 2009, 13:50
get em off amazon i think they run like 12 bucks for each all brand new

iamtombombadil
14th Oct 2009, 14:34
de ya not hear me laddie. I know a thousand places to get em. Just wanted to see if anyone here has em and would like to either trade for them or sell them cheaper than the retail price. BTW, old ben, did you read these? I heard 2 was not as good as the rest. That true. If so, can 2 be avoided while still understanding volume 3?

Old_BenKenobi
14th Oct 2009, 15:00
I dunno.

iamtombombadil
14th Oct 2009, 23:21
No mans land rocks baby boy. I no longer seek it, I own it. One of these days one of you, perhaps old ben or even Drazar will ask the same question I asked in my title. I will not sell however for the simple fact that these bad boys are quintessential of what a batman story arc should be. So no wonder I got no replies from the likes of you. If you owned it, of course you would not part with it. Farewell. I am off to continue reading these fine novelettes.

Drazar
15th Oct 2009, 00:20
Can i get a synopis? Cuz i don't own it lol. =P

iamtombombadil
15th Oct 2009, 00:45
well, basically, the earthquake hits gotham and destroys it. So the Government declares Gotham a wasteland or "no mans land", which gives the residents two options, either leave or stay. The novels take the point of view of those who stayed. Batman is nowhere to be seen at first and the city is sectioned off. (a nice note here is that Arkham is on an island like the game has it) Gordon,his wife, bullock and some other G.C.P.D. employees are in the south section and slowly re-take gotham. Alot of the criminals from Arkham have a place in the story. I haven't finished it, but eventually Batman returns and slowly but surely Gotham once again is accepted back as part of the country with Lex Luthor at the helm. Really it is a good read.

I plan on looking at Batman: Bruce Wayne murderer? and the fugative 3 part GN next. Once I get some more mula.

Drazar
15th Oct 2009, 01:01
Hmm well give me a full review when you can. I pretty much knew that a Earthquake hits and stuff happens. "Hush" graphical novel shows the new rebuild Gotham and i gotta say, i love the design. :thumb:

door noob
15th Oct 2009, 01:08
If you loved that check out the new All Star Batman and Robin when it comes out(even though it's the older Gotham), Jim Lee said he is curently working on a center page role out of the Gotham City sky line, much like he did with the Bat-cave.

WarrENDeatH
17th Oct 2009, 05:02
I read the novel as well as the graphic novel. It has a lot of stuff I don't agree with on it. But overall it's very very solid. It has Bruce at one of his ultimate lows, equal to Knightfall and thats probably the best part of it.

iamtombombadil
19th Oct 2009, 12:40
I read the novel as well as the graphic novel. It has a lot of stuff I don't agree with on it. But overall it's very very solid. It has Bruce at one of his ultimate lows, equal to Knightfall and thats probably the best part of it.

What do you mean by "stuff I don't agree with on it"? Did you mean things you didn't like? It is just the way you put it, you make it sound as if No Mans Land is a doctrine which is teaching truth.:confused: To me it is just a comic.