PDA

View Full Version : Weird error message

mrfigzwood
12th Oct 2009, 22:36
Well, when trying to run Batman Arkham Asylum I get this error message: "Failed to initialise NVIDIA Physx...etc etc etc". The thing I find weird about this, is I have an ATI video card (Radeon X1600/X1650). I don't know why the game thinks I have an Nvidia card. Any ideas?

cyborg34572
12th Oct 2009, 22:43
Find ur games "Launcher.exe"
if u installed the game in the default install directory it should be in here

"C:\Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries"

open the file called "BmLauncher.exe"

If ur on patch 1.1 u will get the option to turn on/off physx in the launcher,
so if you have it , turn physx off then save settings.
should work by then.

But if that doesnt work.
i suggest that u do not patch the game to 1.1 . that should completly fix ur problem.
because patch 1.1 only adds physx effects and the option to turn it on/off/normal/high etc.

so if ur on patch 1.0 physx should be off by default.

deders
12th Oct 2009, 22:44
Well, when trying to run Batman Arkham Asylum I get this error message: "Failed to initialise NVIDIA Physx...etc etc etc". The thing I find weird about this, is I have an ATI video card (Radeon X1600/X1650). I don't know why the game thinks I have an Nvidia card. Any ideas?

the game still uses a small amount of physx in software calculated on your cpu so physx needs to be installed to play the game.

cyborg34572
12th Oct 2009, 22:44
the game still uses a small amount of physx in software calculated on your cpu so physx needs to be installed to play the game.

lol i forgot to say that toO!
thx for pointing it out.

download physx software and install it.

mrfigzwood
13th Oct 2009, 01:00
Thank you for your help. I believe I know the problem. I heard that the version of PhysX on Nvidia's site is wrong for the game and the game has it's own version. I am wondering if anybody has a link to where I can download the version of PhysX for Batman.

deders
13th Oct 2009, 09:52
there's a version in this patch. It's should be ok to re-install this patch over what you already have, or you can extract the files using winrar and just use PhysX_9.08.14_9.09.0814_SystemSoftware.exe
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538