PDA

View Full Version : Heat Level balance

JAGeng
12th Oct 2009, 04:07
Im hoping the heat level is less aggressive and more balanced than in JC1.
In JC1 it was ridiculous when the army would open fire on you, including helicopters, just for having a minor fender bender with another vehicle.

The difference between level 1 trough level 5 was the amount and type of vehicles giving you chase but they were equally aggressive in all levels.

I really hope this time around you dont take any heat from fender benders because this would discourage the player to drive in a wreckless and fun manner and would force you to drive slowly to avoid the heat in case you were trying to drive a specific vehicle to a liberation.

Arriving at a mission with flat tires and a shot up vehicle would be useless if you want to use that particular vehicle to your advantage because its compromised mobility and handling would make you a sitting duck, plus its durability would be very low setting it ablaze with a few shots.

awesome_man
13th Oct 2009, 00:11
yeah...i hated that in the first one...it gave you a level for just going to fast in a boat...it was stupid

deathlaroy
15th Oct 2009, 02:49
i hated when "they" used jets to kill you while flying a hele! and 200 jets at the same time! :mad2: they never one used their machine-gun.

Enzoforce
15th Oct 2009, 14:42
I stole a bunch of planes with the grapling hook, STRAIGHT out of the sky. Pro style baby! :cool:

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
15th Oct 2009, 19:54
i hated when "they" used jets to kill you while flying a hele! and 200 jets at the same time! :mad2: they never one used their machine-gun.

OHHHHHHHHHHH YES! I forgot that! I don't want those cursed, magically protected areas again!

Dedimes
15th Oct 2009, 23:12
The jets need to be have Rockets that can shoot straight down, when your hovering about a chaos target. that way, you can simply bomb the base. Mabye make a jet that drops actual bombs, like in the ones you pick up in mercs 2. that would make jets more than usefull

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Oct 2009, 20:12
So, it's bombers what we need

JAGeng
16th Oct 2009, 20:22
So, it's bombers what we need

It would be a real nice addition to be able to drop bombs from attacker jets, or a very powerful missile, but it would be even nicer to call it in and watch it drop and detonate from the ground.

Remember the demolition missions in JC1, how powerful a blast it was when you destroyed the Limo, gas station, ect. That explosion would be nice for an airstrike of some sort. I would like to see those huge blasts from JC1 make it in to JC2.

deathlaroy
16th Oct 2009, 21:04
OHHHHHHHHHHH YES! I forgot that! I don't want those cursed, magically protected areas again!

i don't mind "magical" protected areas,sometimes they give the game a little action. i just hate that they would use millions of jets at once when your flying a helicopter. the jets weren't maneuverable enough. and jet dogfights had no pizazz. too easy. i LOVE the fact that the game is no simulator but i at least hope the jet are a LOT more realistic.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Oct 2009, 22:11
i don't mind "magical" protected areas,sometimes they give the game a little action. i just hate that they would use millions of jets at once when your flying a helicopter. the jets weren't maneuverable enough. and jet dogfights had no pizazz. too easy. i LOVE the fact that the game is no simulator but i at least hope the jet are a LOT more realistic.

Action? I mean I hate those areas where you couldn't fly because you were magically shot down. Maybe it was a bug in the ps2 version but you were blown almost instantly by misterious missiles that came from nowhere, so no possibilities of deffending yourself. Was it what you don't mind?

deathlaroy
16th Oct 2009, 22:16
Action? I mean I hate those areas where you couldn't fly because you were magically shot down. Maybe it was a bug in the ps2 version but you were blown almost instantly by misterious missiles that came from nowhere, so no possibilities of deffending yourself. Was it what you don't mind?

no i hate "mysterious missiles that came from nowhere, so no possibilities of defending yourself" but i sometimes like the level 5 cops.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Oct 2009, 22:20
no i hate "mysterious missiles that came from nowhere, so no possibilities of defending yourself" but i sometimes like the level 5 cops.

Now we understand each other. That's what I meant with "magically defended".

I hated being diplomatically immune and having no enemies to face at last too

JAGeng
16th Oct 2009, 22:32

level 5 heat was good, but it was ridiculous how a level 1 heat caused by crashing a car would mean soldiers and cops opening on you, even with helicopters,...for a fender bender???

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
17th Oct 2009, 12:41
level 5 heat was good, but it was ridiculous how a level 1 heat caused by crashing a car would mean soldiers and cops opening on you, even with helicopters,...for a fender bender???

I see what you mean, but that could be explained with the game's story. It wasn't a normal country, but a corrupt place where the evil government uses the military and the police to do everything

awesome_man
17th Oct 2009, 15:03
yeah i hated those areas..and it was on the 360 version also

imported_Jonn_
17th Oct 2009, 20:24
i agree they need to get rid of those "protected" areas. I remember unlocking a safehouse with a really cool heli, just to blown up when i get into it!

deathlaroy
18th Oct 2009, 06:19
i agree they need to get rid of those "protected" areas. I remember unlocking a safehouse with a really cool heli, just to blown up when i get into it!

agreed

David icke
18th Oct 2009, 07:35
I didn't have a problem with the heat balance per se, beacause Rico was such a man he just coulden't be killed except by being blown up in your car or helicopter.

So for me one of the problems is the difficulty level wich was just far to low. For the next game i hope they to really ramp it up, so there is a real challange in completing the missions. Even in the trailers and demo's i've seen from jc 2, it's still about the same level as jc 1. Even if he's in the middle of a firefight his life barely drops.

imported_Jonn_
18th Oct 2009, 18:56
I think thats because hes playing on God mode. That is where you lose no or little health. It would be so embarrasing for the dev or whoever playing kept on dying,

Enzoforce
18th Oct 2009, 20:04
I didn't die a lot either in JC1. No cheats. Though on the mission I've got the power and Taking out the garbage Vol.1 I died 20 times at least...

Apocalyptic Fish
18th Oct 2009, 20:33
Maybe the Harrier will have Air to Ground capabilities

awesome_man
9th Nov 2009, 02:19
nope...i have the 360 version...it was glitched...the police followed me EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ricogs400
9th Nov 2009, 17:38
Haven't played JC1 for a while.
Did JC1 have the police/army that just bum rushes you and runs you over when you hit a heat level or is it more like GTA where they'll actually stop short and get into a shootout?

brauny
9th Nov 2009, 22:57
it was more bum rush

JAGeng
10th Nov 2009, 03:09
it was more bum rush

kind of, they would actually ditch the car while it was moving, roll on the ground then bullets would fly, makes no sense if you ask me.

younas456
10th Nov 2009, 16:09
yeah...i hated that in the first one...it gave you a level for just going to fast in a boat...it was stupid

if they did that that was really cool because it must be very hard to program that but i get what you mean i stick to you. it was really annoying as fast as you went in a car as wanted a helicopter shot you down whit rockets :mad2: and during libration the ai shoot whit rocketlauncher even if you stod right next to the enemy they shoot you dead :(

brauny
10th Nov 2009, 21:52
the ai in jc was pretty dumb