PDA

View Full Version : bodies only there for 7 seconds?

CentroX
11th Oct 2009, 23:38
I heard on the podcast that 7secs were a good number for bodies for stay, but if the engine allows it i wouldn't mind 30 sec or so, because if it is so satisfying to kill an enemy in many different ways it would be nice if he stayed dead a while.

jubjub1
11th Oct 2009, 23:42
more like a minute

polimerjones
11th Oct 2009, 23:58
or maybe like 3 deaths will stay untill you get another kill and then first one will disappear. then you get another kill and the second one will go. so on and so on. but always have three bodies or until you leave the area. 7 seconds is to short.

mycoldman
12th Oct 2009, 00:10
Don't focus too much on this detail guys. It's not bad. 7 seconds is plenty when you're playing the game you don't notice it at all.

PoorBison
12th Oct 2009, 00:14
Does the 7 seconds still apply if you are hanging a dead body from a lamp-post or something using the dual-hook system?

Redskins
12th Oct 2009, 00:18
Does the 7 seconds still apply if you are hanging a dead body from a lamp-post or something using the dual-hook system?

Seconded, if the "7 second rule" applies there to, I can see that being a flaw while hanging people, then shooting them to death. I'm not talking just leaving them there, I know they will un-tangle themselves, I'm talking about killing them while they are hanging there, then the bodies disappearing.

And this makes me think of a question. If you say hang a enemy of a skyscraper, will he still un-tangle himself, therefore basically commiting suicide, or will he then just hang there, hoping for a rescue, and up comes another question, if that is the case, will friendly AI help him up?

mycoldman
12th Oct 2009, 01:02

Nope. It's not a simple as it sounded in the podcast. It's more like 7 seconds from when you're done interacting with the guy.

Some Real Talk
12th Oct 2009, 02:28
Thanks for bringing up my question in the podcast, mycoldman. After some thought I think i'd be satisfied the way it stands right now.

Also, we should all realize we are looking at it from the perspective of someone who hasn't played the game. Words can only mean so much for someone unfamiliar to the subject. It's impossible to have all of the facts and if we look too deep into it, we'll realize how much time we wasted on tiny details when we actually get our hands on it. :thumb:

JAGeng
12th Oct 2009, 02:29
or maybe like 3 deaths will stay untill you get another kill and then first one will disappear. then you get another kill and the second one will go. so on and so on. but always have three bodies or until you leave the area. 7 seconds is to short.

Exactly. Thats the way I see it, like bullet holes in most games, youll have a set number of marks that regenerate and replace old ones with new ones when a max amount is reached, but there will always be some.

compatible
12th Oct 2009, 06:31
you are probably not going to have time to look at the dead guy/girl that you've just killed because there will be so much heat on your ass your not going to stand still long enough, you want to get the hell out of there.. ;)

polimerjones
12th Oct 2009, 10:32
Nope. It's not a simple as it sounded in the podcast. It's more like 7 seconds from when you're done interacting with the guy.

though i like my idea. as long as this (up there) is true where the enemy wont disappear until im dont flinging him around im good

Redskins
12th Oct 2009, 13:52
If you say hang a enemy of a skyscraper, will he still un-tangle himself, therefore basically commiting suicide, or will he then just hang there, hoping for a rescue, and up comes another question, if that is the case, will friendly AI help him up?

polimerjones
12th Oct 2009, 20:53
good question please answer this

Lude0ne
12th Oct 2009, 21:04
So if you take an npc to a mountain top and execute them, they will disappear after rolling down the mountain for only 7 sec? That would suck... Or is it once they come to a stop for 7 sec?

CentroX
12th Oct 2009, 21:07
I dont know, but i dont like if the bodies disappear too soon

polimerjones
12th Oct 2009, 21:09
If you say hang a enemy of a skyscraper, will he still un-tangle himself, therefore basically commiting suicide, or will he then just hang there, hoping for a rescue, and up comes another question, if that is the case, will friendly AI help him up?

So if you take an npc to a mountain top and execute them, they will disappear after rolling down the mountain for only 7 sec? That would suck... Or is it once they come to a stop for 7 sec?

both need to be answered.

HavokBR
13th Oct 2009, 02:04

My guess is: He will pass out or try to get free from the grapple hook.

His friendly AI will only try to shoot you, they will not try to free the guy, I think.

I guess he´s not going to disappear while something is still happening with him. Rolling down the montain is something that the game considers like interacting.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
13th Oct 2009, 11:41
My guess is: He will pass out or try to get free from the grapple hook.

His friendly AI will only try to shoot you, they will not try to free the guy, I think.

I guess he´s not going to disappear while something is still happening with him. Rolling down the montain is something that the game considers like interacting.

I agree with all. And I hope we are right.