PDA

View Full Version : Modding the game?

PerryJ
11th Oct 2009, 18:41
Will Eidos/Avalanche release a modding tool for JC2 or will they lock the game like they did with JC1?

I feel that a modding tool would greatly benefit the game and keep it alive for much longer than if they prohibited modding.

Thanks in advance

chickenchief
11th Oct 2009, 20:39
I support the idea of modding for the pc version. Who knows what sort of crazy stuff people will come up with for the game.

PoorBison
12th Oct 2009, 00:43
Will Eidos/Avalanche release a modding tool for JC2 or will they lock the game like they did with JC1?

I feel that a modding tool would greatly benefit the game and keep it alive for much longer than if they prohibited modding.

Thanks in advanceYes it is an interesting thought, if such a modding tool was released it would probably be along the lines of a consumer level version of the Avalanche Engine 2.0 SDK which would be able to open the game archives. I'm not sure if they would be willing to release such a thing, however.

I'm still annoyed that the Just Cause 1 archives were locked, as I was very interested to see if the Octavio plane was still in the games files and able to be spawned. Along with a flyable Excelsior (the presidents plane)! The closest I got to flying that was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI-znre1_wo

Unfortunately movement was uncontrollable as it was still on its set flight path.

PerryJ
12th Oct 2009, 18:32
Hey at least you got somewhere, hats of to ya!

Dedimes
16th Oct 2009, 00:03
Mabye they could make fun mods for xbox 360. but then again, consoles are almost impossible to mod. but i would like mods for 360. via download? lol