PDA

View Full Version : Headlights

JAGeng
11th Oct 2009, 00:32
I would like to see some night time gameplay involving cars where headlights on cars coming towards you could be apreciated.

See, in the first game headlights wouldnt become visible until the car was less than 10 meters from you during night time, in fact you could clearly see the car coming and closing in really near before you would see the headlights that would suddenly glare.

Its obvious it should be the other way around, when driving at night the first thing visible at a long distance are the headlights on the closing cars and thats basically all you can see until the car is very close, then you can actually see the vehicles body.

I would like to see some evidence that this has been modified or improved because it looks very odd and it has been done very well in other games like GTA 4.

Also, although the players own vehicle would have headlights that would light up the immediate area in front of you, it wasnt very helpful because the glares reach was very limited and the contrast between the lit area and dark area around it was too high making it a handicap to have them on at all.

I remember purposely crashing my car head on just to have the headlights disabled during the night, this would actually give you a better view of the road. I would like to see this improved also.

I wonder if anyone else had the same problem. Please add any comment you may have on this issue.

Enzoforce
11th Oct 2009, 07:31
I had in jc1 that if you drive VERY slowly into a wall pieces of the car body would fall off >.>.

But realistic headlights is what I like =)

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
11th Oct 2009, 12:37
I can't remember anything, issues or whatever regarding headlights

awesome_man
11th Oct 2009, 16:03
i want to be able to turn them on and off