PDA

View Full Version : Server error, Please try again.

unspunreality
14th Aug 2012, 14:59
I cant even login now. It says Im not connected to the internet. And yes, I think I am. No firewalls or anything else either.

GrayFox89-254170
14th Aug 2012, 15:01
I cant even login now. It says Im not connected to the internet. And yes, I think I am. No firewalls or anything else either.

I am just stucked at launcher screen.

Everytime when I press play, I go back again at launcher screen.

I don't know why. I didn't touch anything in settings.

I have a Windows 7 64 bit.

unspunreality
14th Aug 2012, 15:03
Im also on Win 7 64bit. But I can't even get to the launcher. Says you need to be online to play. Ugh.

Edit:

I play the game. It gets to 100%, says updated. Then another bar comes up, sits at 10% then says you must have an active internet connection to play FFVII.

jquinby
14th Aug 2012, 15:05
I also am getting stuck on the launcher telling me I need an Internet connection to log in. Grrrr.

junkanoo
14th Aug 2012, 15:07
Im also on Win 7 64bit. But I can't even get to the launcher. Says you need to be online to play. Ugh.

Edit:

I play the game. It gets to 100%, says updated. Then another bar comes up, sits at 10% then says you must have an active internet connection to play FFVII.

yup same issue here stuck at 10%.....

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND just as i was typing this the login in screen came up to type in user and pass..... soooooo im gonna go ahead and say square wasn't ready for the amount of people getting this game.

unspunreality
14th Aug 2012, 15:13
I got to the username and pass. But it now says my email doesnt have an account. Although I used it to reset my password some 4 times. Is it because you need 24 hours for your account? So I essentially I cant play till tomorrow? Wtf Square.

jeffbud69-257240
14th Aug 2012, 15:13
yeah im having same internet connection error message. wtf.

jquinby
14th Aug 2012, 15:18
I was able to get to the log in page. It just looks like the connection server is absolutely flooded with requests right now is all. Just try it again, it should eventually let you through. Worked for me anyway.

Oragami
14th Aug 2012, 15:20
WORKED GOT PAST LOG IN PLAYING NOW YES!!!!! PEACE ****S!!

HardcoreHolly
14th Aug 2012, 15:28
I can't. Still haven't gotten my serial code...

dachelm
14th Aug 2012, 15:30
This is a lack of respect to the Fans, they forgot how they got were they are. Having too many issues to beign able to play sucks. Free games doesn't give you much trouble.... /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

STUCK in 10%. Saying that I need a working network connection!!! Arrggggggghhh

PlayersClub408
14th Aug 2012, 15:33
I can't. Still haven't gotten my serial code...

me too or a promt on hw to even download the thing??

HardcoreHolly
14th Aug 2012, 15:38
I lied. E-mail was sent to a diff provider. Entered code, now stuck at 10% launcher aka I have no internet aka I am posting this reply through my toaster.

member_10068078
14th Aug 2012, 15:43
I have been playing for about 1/2 hour. Took a few hours of resuming and such to get it to download. Be patient it DOES work....just slowly. Good luck all!

InfernoBG
14th Aug 2012, 15:44
My brother is sitting next to me playing it right in front of me, while I yell profanities at my computer constantly reseting my password in order to try to login, because I keep getting the invalid password message. :( Honestly this is ridiculously frustrating.

Oragami
14th Aug 2012, 15:44
I have been playing for about 1/2 hour. Took a few hours of resuming and such to get it to download. Be patient it DOES work....just slowly. Good luck all!

yo me too but uhh....i use a controller and the TOP R1 R2 L1 L2 buttons are NOT for fleeing a battle...so uh...how do i run LOL

rykerrk
14th Aug 2012, 15:46
Where's the effing offline patch

BFowler55
14th Aug 2012, 16:08
Finally got it installed. Now I am unable to enter my activation code. Says server error, please try again. Anyone else here?

marslava
14th Aug 2012, 16:10
I'm getting an exception error everytime I try to play.

falconpauunch
14th Aug 2012, 16:21
Finally get past the login screen, only to find myself being stopped by more server errors. Square, why do you dish this stupid drm service to us, please stop it....

Sen_Auditore
14th Aug 2012, 16:22
That aint gonna help man, just be patient, it will work soon.

member_10187013
14th Aug 2012, 16:46
I got to the username and pass. But it now says my email doesnt have an account. Although I used it to reset my password some 4 times. Is it because you need 24 hours for your account? So I essentially I cant play till tomorrow? Wtf Square.

I got confused about the same thing, you need to use the square enix north america button under the facebook button.

stylesd88
14th Aug 2012, 16:54
im getting "server error. please try again" when i log into my account for FF7...anyone else?

unspunreality
14th Aug 2012, 16:56

I got confused about the same thing, you need to use the square enix north america button under the facebook button.

Did that. Doesnt work. First thing I tried.

member_10532399
14th Aug 2012, 16:58
Yep...worst purchase of my life. Plus you NEED internet to play this game??? thats just complete garbage fail. I'm going to the playstation network

CanuckianOne-258948
14th Aug 2012, 18:14
I keep getting this at the launcher when I try to use my activation code. Anyone else have this issue?

mikerad83
14th Aug 2012, 18:15
Same issue. No solution. ;.;

CanuckianOne-258948
14th Aug 2012, 18:32
It's still doing this to me. Such BS.

urzedabr
14th Aug 2012, 18:51
connection error =/

any solution for that?

member_10532399
14th Aug 2012, 18:53
biggest squenix fail ever. Well next to ff 13 but yeah at least that garbage worked. This is just complete money robbing BS. Time to call up that lawyer.

SlogerRabbit
14th Aug 2012, 18:59
same issue saying i need a working internet connection to play, but my internet is just fine

lawrencereyes
14th Aug 2012, 19:18
Same problem here, stuck at 10% saying i need a internet connection. I thought we can play this offline...

Roxim5
14th Aug 2012, 19:24

Did that. Doesnt work. First thing I tried.

Use your username and not email. For some reason, my email didn't work on the NA login but my username did.

the_randomizer
14th Aug 2012, 19:39
I keep getting this at the launcher when I try to use my activation code. Anyone else have this issue?

It's possible countless people are trying to activate the game at the same time and it's causing the server to freak out. Oh, man, there had BETTER NOT BE any DRM or internet connection failure-related issues!

Rocketshocker
14th Aug 2012, 19:42
Same here. I restarted the launcher and now it says, "Connection Error : You need a working internet connection to log in to Final Fantasy VI." Awesome...

the_randomizer
14th Aug 2012, 19:44
Same here. I restarted the launcher and now it says, "Connection Error : You need a working internet connection to log in to Final Fantasy VI." Awesome...

They'd better resolve this, like, soon. But it looks like some can play it, while others can't. Weird.

MoonUNit
14th Aug 2012, 19:47
FWIW, I had to add ff7_launcher to my firewall's exceptions list for it to actually connect. Win 7 Pro x64.

rice01-252964
14th Aug 2012, 19:52
adding it to the exception list worked :D

you sir have just made my day

thank you very much!!

MoonUNit
14th Aug 2012, 19:55
No problem. I would have thought the firewall would have prompted that a new program was trying to access the internet, but apparently not.

Thanks Windows!

mjhenry29
14th Aug 2012, 20:37
i went and added it to my exceptions but i keep getting the same message. any other suggestions?

hitman13b
14th Aug 2012, 21:02
I have received this same error probably 30 times now. It sounds like they are not able to handle the volume of requests coming in. And yes, the fact that you have to be online to play the game is pretty ridiculous.

I'll try again tomorrow and if I still can't get in I'll be filing a dispute with my CC company and requesting a refund from sqaure.

Elmaik
14th Aug 2012, 21:09
Gee! Today I bought not 1 but 2 copies of one of my most favorite RolePlayingGames ever, Final Fantasy VII.

I got an email with a registration and serial number, I propmtly registered my game but when I try to download it I get this:

Server Error

Error:

We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.

Error Number: SYS_000001

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Now this may just be happening to me since I see many folks here have at LEAST got to the download step (which I cannot even see!).

Now for Golly's sake.

How do I download my purchases?

AngelsDontKill6
14th Aug 2012, 22:20
I have been getting this error everytime i try to activate the game.
i have opened my firewall so that it allows the game as well and i know that is one
of the reasons this might happen.

any help or ideas as to why this is happening would be great

Elmaik
14th Aug 2012, 23:54
bump for great justice!

Am I the only one?

Sen_Auditore
14th Aug 2012, 23:58
bump for great justice!

Am I the only one?

Henshin! Now that that is done. The servers are being bottlenecked still prolly, double check to make sure your not using a proxy, some folks had that problem before. If it doesnt work I say wait a tad bit.

fiend800
15th Aug 2012, 00:59
ya im having this same issue

Suriela-254884
15th Aug 2012, 03:49
Ive been trying since 4pm yesterday (UK time) to get this to work.

Im getting the same 'server error try again' as you guys are, over and over again. Ive sent a support mail in, got nothing, even tried asking for help on the blog post saying it's available to buy - and nada.

The irritating thing, my partner also bought the game and gifted me a copy. His works flawlessly, installed and authenticated instantly. I can log into his game via my launcher and it works fine but he cant log into mine via his as it still comes upo with that error on his machine too - which runs his copy fine.

Im at a complete loss as to what to do now, I feel like we have been entirely ripped off by SE. :(

Suriela-254884
15th Aug 2012, 03:59
Exactly the same issue here and its frustrating as hell.

Were your copies gifted by any chance? I ask as my partner's copy works perfectly yet my gifted copy is giving the same error you guys are getting.

AngelsDontKill6
15th Aug 2012, 10:38
Exactly the same issue here and its frustrating as hell.

Were your copies gifted by any chance? I ask as my partner's copy works perfectly yet my gifted copy is giving the same error you guys are getting.

mine was not a gift i just bought it regularly!

SpenceMagee-262502
15th Aug 2012, 10:49
This sounds like a hastle, but i unistalled the game and then downloaded and installed it again and now it works fine. I was getting the server error also when activating the game. But this fixed it. Hope it helps

member_10211971
15th Aug 2012, 16:16
can anyone help me? I've bought the game twice, because I thought the code I got was wrong. It's asking for the "Activation Code" but the only similar code I have is the "Serial number" I enter it and it says Server error. Why won't this work? I tried yesterday and tonight, and it's still not working.

fiend800
16th Aug 2012, 01:04
im having this same issue and its been a day and a half now and not even a response from SE from my support tickets

TxtbookNinja
16th Aug 2012, 03:06
Nope Im having the exact same problem. Bought 2 copies yesterday morning, checked almost every hour to see if it was fixed, it wasnt. Still cant download the game, its fantastic.

I put a ticket in tonight, I bet I wont have an answer anytime soon, but Ill post again if I get a solution.

jt2414
16th Aug 2012, 11:57
Another here with this issue.

jt2414
16th Aug 2012, 12:00
Just venting:

But Seriously is it really that hard for us to pay you then get something that works!? For real. Square Enix you guys really need to get your s@#$ together. This is exactly why I never transfered FF11 Because you need hours of reseacrch, talk to support if you can ever get them to answer, and a miricle for it to work.

Quite possibly my last purchase from Squre Enix.

Scrotesmcgee
16th Aug 2012, 12:02
I never even got an e-mail with my Serial number. So I can't even try to activate it.

Jim1974-281466
16th Aug 2012, 12:45
I had the same issue when it asked me to enter my activation code, found a post on the forums that said make sure on you login screen that you are selecting the north american login, for some reason they default to EU. After logging in from the NA screen i could finally play.

jt2414-281443
16th Aug 2012, 13:03
I never even got an e-mail with my Serial number. So I can't even try to activate it.

Have you tried support? Not that they will answer you quickly but it's worth a shot. I know you can call them but I don't remember/have the number anymore.

~Jon

member_10204074
16th Aug 2012, 13:54
i also have this issue

MrSephiroth-153615
16th Aug 2012, 14:07
WHAT THE **** ! When will people learn to make games that work. ****ing pc crap.

I knew i should have pirated this **** but i never learn.

Kilo11-277435
16th Aug 2012, 14:14
For those with the server error issue when it asks for your activation code. When you first bring up the launcher and it asks you to log in, make sure to click on the left hand side where it says Square Enix North America, right under Facebook. From there after you log in it should work. This may not work for all but has worked for me as I could not get in otherwise.

Also, if an admin here can sticky this thread that would be nice

cbapiaz
16th Aug 2012, 14:20
i have the same error, i'm trying a download link posted on another thread...

FF7DownloadManager (http://74.122.201.74/e=1344/b=UEXHQAgWMVyp8-s522S7gco0sul4X5dt9cO0H5y52ysAAALfpGbNSPkj5nV4l--lbHRfc3hfZGUAAAAAAAAAAFVTRAAAAAAAAAmZE0UUMoRzZWNfZmY3AAAAAAAAAAAAc3F1YXJleAAAAAAAAAAAAA==/e=1152/b=RklOQUwgRkFOVEFTWSBWSUk=/e=1024/b=L2RkL3NxdWFyZXgvc2VjX2ZmNy9sdF9zeF9kZS9jYTM0YjJlOTc4NWY5NzZkZjVjM2I0MWY5Y2I5ZGIyYi9GSU5BTEZBTlRBU1lWSUkuZXhl/t=1345229684/h=a843ce3d06107f1d8dec84cabcf30677/r/dm/dm3/FINALFANTASYVII-dm.exe)

fredfig
16th Aug 2012, 14:30
Thx Sebastián, wtf Square-Enix, use Steam mf!!

MrSephiroth-153615
16th Aug 2012, 14:36
Fix the goddamn game ! Or give me my money back.

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 14:42

Take a breath and keep calm. Make sure your not running it through a proxy and that your fire wall isnt blocking it.

MrSephiroth-153615
16th Aug 2012, 14:48
Turned off all firewalls. And i have never set up a proxy. Jeez, pc games today...

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 14:49
Turned off all firewalls. And i have never set up a proxy. Jeez, pc games today...

Mine is workin fine. I would suggest the only way to find a solution from here is to go through the forums and hope that somewhere there is an answer.

MrSephiroth-153615
16th Aug 2012, 14:51
Well people shouldnt have to fix the broken games. They should be working when installed. And it seems many others are havint this problem.

MrSephiroth-153615
16th Aug 2012, 14:59
a reinstall would solve nothing. But just for the sake of it i uninstalled and redownloaded the whole game and installed it. And still nothing. Does anybody know if there is a crack out for this game yet?

Kilo11-277435
16th Aug 2012, 15:02
For those with the server error issue when it asks for your activation code. When you first bring up the launcher and it asks you to log in, make sure to click on the left hand side where it says Square Enix North America, right under Facebook. From there after you log in it should work. This may not work for all but has worked for me as I could not get in otherwise.

Sen_Auditore
16th Aug 2012, 15:10
Well people shouldnt have to fix the broken games. They should be working when installed. And it seems many others are havint this problem.

Anything in life worth having is worth working at, thats my philosophy.

braefpapa
16th Aug 2012, 15:52
someone help me download the game I bought I paid more not think how to download

mij5461
16th Aug 2012, 16:16
I had the same problem, what fixed it for me was on the screen b4 the activation where you enter your login info make sure you log into the north american server, for some reason its been defaulting to EU.

ReiMeioh
16th Aug 2012, 16:44
Not only did I have problems logging in with Facebook and realized it was better to log in with SE account without the hassle of putting in a code that doesn't let it pass through, I FINALLY got the game menu up and I can't get in pressing the Play button. I don't know if it's a Firewall issue or whatever problem the empty heads here at Square Enix is now putting us through. I'm so very close to having head rolls for this.

jinxster247-281398
16th Aug 2012, 17:25
I had the same problem, what fixed it for me was on the screen b4 the activation where you enter your login info make sure you log into the north american server, for some reason its been defaulting to EU.

yea click on the tab to right of launcher that says north america lol

member_10350199
16th Aug 2012, 20:07
So I have been getting the Server Error when trying to enter my code all night. I think maybe I narrowed down my issue, possibly others that did the same.

On the main login page, it has the Facebook and North American versions login buttons on the left, and a "E-Mail address" and password link on the right. When I first downloaded it, I put in my email and password and it came back Invalid. Tried a few times then just created an account. What I did not know is that this was the EU login (it is not labeled that at all). Played for 30 mins or so then saw a post about the NA login button. Logged out of the launcher and restarted it. I am able to login to the NA version, but keep getting server error when it is prompting me for a code. Just for giggles, I just entered random letters and numbers into the fields. Instead of a server error, I get an invalid key message. It is obviously getting to the servers, but looks like rejecting my key.

Logging back into my EU account will let me play again.

Anyone else mistakingly make an EU account and now trying to register on the North American servers like me?

I put in a ticket, but who knows when they will get back to me. Maybe the work around to actually play is making an account on the EU servers by clicking on the "Not registered yet? Sign up here" link on the first login page you come to, creating the account, then logging in instead of clicking on the North American button.

EDIT: Ok, so now it is letting me login to the North American servers and it did not ask for my serial. Though my Profile Name at the top is now: member_10350199. Wow, bugged release a little?

lyk13
16th Aug 2012, 20:39
Same. I also have a ticket to ask for explanation on the confusion. I have an NA account and a EU account which the latter I can login on another terminal, but can't on the other.

2 profiles for both regions but they cannot co-exist. Going to the profile page of the other one that is not active will kick you back to ff7pc site.

MrSephiroth-153615
17th Aug 2012, 00:43
pretty ****ed up philosophy to bring into this matter. If i bought a car, should i bring the toolbox to the car dealer to fix it before i can even drive the piece of ****?

Felch
17th Aug 2012, 02:29
I am having the same exact issue. I am tired of re-typing my damned seriel code in over and over again. Register with facebook? Just how many times do I have to register this game before I can play it? Square, square, square, you had a loyal fan and your systems for simply playing a game are so complex and convoluted that I cannot even play the damned GAME I JUST BOUGHT.

Please continue using Steam, becuase it is immeasurably easier to use, more reliable, and it WORKS.

Nando7895
17th Aug 2012, 03:17
Strange I register today and activate it moments after I got (bought the game) and install it, was able to play fine maybe the server is overloaded because of how many players at one time are trying to play, active and buy the game?

PS: When did the game came out ( I mean this version) since today I saw it and I had to buy it same moment and day!!!!

Cogglesz-287088
17th Aug 2012, 11:44
I've had this problem since i got it also, this is joke, it really should have been on steam instead! I've sat for the past half hour re-entering my activation code, just tells me theres a server error and to try again, and to the above comment, i believe its been out 3 days.

Edit:
tried to register my game code into the website where your profile is, it tells me the game is already activated, so this kinda scares me to believe they've gave people the same serial numbers, when using the client i tried just entering in a random code and it gets to 14% and tells me its invalid, when i enter the correct one it also only reaches 14% but tells me theres a server problem and to try again, so its not my connection, or the clients connection to the servers, the servers themselfs seem overloaded or we've all been given codes that people have already used, i'm hoping this will clear up later in the day.

Edit 2: The client now doesn't even let me log in, it tells me somethings went wrong and they've been notified about the issue, well fingers crossed this will be fixed soon, also i checked my emails, it would apear that i've got 2 copies of the game, so the store has somehow charged me twice too! Now i've to try and get a refund for a game i can't play that i paid for twice.

Apalachicola
17th Aug 2012, 12:04
Bump. This is BS. I need a solution.

Apalachicola
17th Aug 2012, 12:06

Apalachicola
17th Aug 2012, 12:06

Apalachicola
17th Aug 2012, 12:16

Apalachicola
17th Aug 2012, 12:32
To the top! Still waiting, Square.

Apalachicola
17th Aug 2012, 12:34
To the top of the forum. Fix this, Square!

Apalachicola
17th Aug 2012, 12:41
To the top of the forum. Fix this, Square!

Pythios
17th Aug 2012, 12:51
Came here to see if there was a solution to the problem, seems there is not. Bought the game today, "installed" it just fine, finally figured out how to login to the launcher and now I'm stuck at the point where it asks for an activation code. I assume its the serial number I got in the e-mail, but no matter how many times I try to put it in, it just comes back with "Server error. Please try again". This is complete nonsense, and I feel I wasted $10 (not much obviously, but still) on something I can't even get to start up once.

Square Enix, please fix the issues so I can actually play the game I paid for, and next time, just release the game through steam so it's easier for everyone including yourselves.

fiend800
17th Aug 2012, 16:24
ahhhh thank you for this been dealing with customer support for 2 days and youve solve my problem if i could id give u a big hug lol

MiaZmA
17th Aug 2012, 17:58
I'm having the same problem. I uninistalled the game and reinstalled with no luck. If I enter an invalid key it manages to let me know but if I enter my genuine key it tells me "server error, please try again". Not much temptation to by genuine software! Anyone have any solutions?

MrSephiroth-153615
17th Aug 2012, 18:07
yeah, i have now 2 bought copies of this fu cking game and neither works.

According to the mail i got with the purchase confirmation in step 3 it says;

3. After the installation process is complete, start the game and click the link that says, "Already paid? Click here." on the first page you see. Enter your e-mail address and activation code on the following page. [This information can be found at the top of this e-mail] .

What F U C K I N G already paid link?! there is no such ****ing thing

lyk13
17th Aug 2012, 18:52
You hit the Square Enix NA login? Don't use the Square Enix login. That's for EU I guess.

MrSephiroth-153615
17th Aug 2012, 19:40
I live in Eu, and i bought the EU game.

Climazard-291344
17th Aug 2012, 19:50
First you have to launch the game as an admin, disable firewall and when you are asked to log in, choose facebook at the left.

Then you login with your fb logs and when it requires the serial, the game finally accept yours.

Hope this works for you as well as it worked for me!

Sheraton1983-288630
18th Aug 2012, 01:56
Hi, thanks for your post. Unfortunatly this didn't work for me. Maybe you caught it when the servers were freed up a bit?

JohnHeroHD-288825
18th Aug 2012, 02:52
It's not working for me, sorry.

lyk13
18th Aug 2012, 03:43
I live in Eu, and i bought the EU game.

Ok I thought this forum was NA only, then again I notice EU doesn't have one. =|

RommiRusina-287794
18th Aug 2012, 04:39
I have same problem too. Waiting for a solution....SQUARE!

JohnHeroHD-288825
18th Aug 2012, 04:40
That aint gonna help man, just be patient, it will work soon.

Well, we are now 4 day's later and there is still no working solution for us.

And Square Enix did not respond to this problem as far as I am aware.

Tiamath-287241
18th Aug 2012, 07:49
i've got the same problem... pls fix it!!!

Tiamath-287241
19th Aug 2012, 05:25
2 days ago i'd send a email to support... at the moment silence... no reply...

It's possible? Square, pls... do something... ok ffxiv was a big fail... but now, it's the moment to restart working...

member_10211971
19th Aug 2012, 13:47
gee I'm glad tech support is so helpful here..........why even have a forum?? Just logged out of my account now I can't get to the "Play" screen. It keeps asking for an activation key. I put the key in, says server error. STILL. I HATE YOU SQURE ENIX!!!!!!!

fischer1090
20th Aug 2012, 02:17
im trying to put in my activation code and it just keeps telling me 'servor error, please try again

The_Cogglesz
20th Aug 2012, 06:53
Hi guys, i'm a dude from the UK who's had a bit of bother since friday with my account, i purchased two serial codes for FF7 and for the whole weekend it never let me enter it in on the client, it said Server Error - Please Try Again, SE then replied to us telling on their website (Not Our Emails) to register the game on the actual website and then we should have a working game when we log into the client and this created a problem where it would either just loop out after entering the code or if on firefox tell you "Your game is already registered"

So i phoned up support today and gave the nice women my details which were my email, activation codes and order number and it turns out BOTH of my activation codes have been given to other people who have already registered the game, so they're system is pretty much giving people the same codes, theres a bunch of us in the UK with this problem and i came here over the weekend to find a solution to it myself not knowing this was the NA forums, anyway if i were you with this problem i'd get on the phone to support ASAP and tell them your having this problem and that they've given you someone else activation code, provide your activation code, email address and order numbers and they'll see you've been given someone elses code.

This is an absolute Fail on SE's part, They had NO CLUE this happened until i personally phoned them up, i've been a keen pc gamer for more than 10 years and this has NEVER happened to me, i hope the guys at square remember there are services like steam to prevent this FRAUD from happening, also maybe the admins of the comments and forums here can Help us and enquire about it themselfs instead of just avoiding the topic all together they've essentially stolen from us and i'm still awaiting a reply email, so i thought i'd come over and let you's know because this is a really frustrating problem that had to get fixed and i felt sorry for one user in particular who couldn't get on since the 15th and noone gave him support whatsoever, it being an admin on here or the email support, nevermind just the weekend waiting, i wish everyone with this problem the best of luck, theres no quick fix for this, they'll have to give each of us a brand new code, i'm still awaiting an email but i was told it would be Today, i Will not be using SE's store to download games again thats for sure, i'm a fan and have been for years but we've been heavily mistreated with this, the only person that was kind to me was the lady on the phone, so hats off to her for being honest with me and being helpful.

Marxam
20th Aug 2012, 12:27
Honestly, it's a damned shame that you had to get to that point with it, and it's looking like I'm quickly having to do the same. thank you for the post at the very least.

Timmei
20th Aug 2012, 13:04
It seems that SE has had more than it's fair share of problems with this recent re-release of FF VII. Considering it's been said that they have never done something like this before, it certainly makes sense. Making it available online only made the price go down because you don't have to buy a physical release, but so many people have jumped on this opportunity that it has caused more problems then be an actual help.

Sorry for all of the trouble they've caused you, and I honestly wouldn't blame you for not downloading another game off their website. Though, I honestly doubt something like this will happen again for a very long time, considering not many of their other games have the fame FF VII does. Hopefully they can get everything fixed for all the people having trouble. Good luck man!

jamesdrobb
21st Aug 2012, 17:08
I usually have a crap ton of annoyances with the cloudsave, but now today it wont sync what-so-ever. Does anyone know if the server for cloud saves it down? I don't really like the idea of risking playing on local sves like it's telling me to only for the servers to work again and erase my progress. -.-

adamjsnyder
21st Aug 2012, 17:22
I can't connect either.

TheCleverCoder-203265
21st Aug 2012, 17:24
I usually have a crap ton of annoyances with the cloudsave, but now today it wont sync what-so-ever. Does anyone know if the server for cloud saves it down? I don't really like the idea of risking playing on local sves like it's telling me to only for the servers to work again and erase my progress. -.-

I'm having the same issue. When I check my online profile for FFVII it is empty. I just started playing on Sunday and I know I have unlocked a handful of acheivements already.

justin_rellis
21st Aug 2012, 17:33
Yeah every time I try to load up my local save file it deletes it and then I have to start over. I say this is pretty broken.

justin_rellis
21st Aug 2012, 17:38
Found a fix if you have a recent back up recheck read only on it's properties and it will force the game to read it because it can't delete it. Also works if you have been using black chocobo saves.

KingZopah-258756
21st Aug 2012, 17:41
I'd be careful about doing that, I managed to bork my cloud for about a week because I set read-only at the wrong point of the cloud syncing process and support had to clear my cloud in order to fix it.

justin_rellis
21st Aug 2012, 18:16
I just mean to force the game to read it after it loads yeah take off read only. Sorry for not stressing that point.

CCTzer
21st Aug 2012, 22:24

I'm having the same issue. When I check my online profile for FFVII it is empty. I just started playing on Sunday and I know I have unlocked a handful of acheivements already.

yep, me too, It says it cannot connect to the server..... and my profile is empty of the acheivements i have gotten....

member_10289442
22nd Aug 2012, 01:54
I'm having this problem too. Anyone know why?

Azilix
22nd Aug 2012, 02:19
I dunno what's going on but it's weird because for me it still shows my achievements but it still just gives me the "Remote Sync Failed".

Azilix
22nd Aug 2012, 02:21
Squares all like "Hey guys wanna play FF7 Diablo 3 style?"

thecult
22nd Aug 2012, 02:25
I just bought this game, downloaded it and i cant even connect. sync problems also. This is a shety way to start off a good friendship! Doe this BS happen alot with these people ??

thecult
22nd Aug 2012, 02:26
Not to mention it doesnt even recognize my game pad !!!! These terds are selling a game that doesnt even work. Sounds like a bad move on square enix's part!!!!!!

Azilix
22nd Aug 2012, 02:32
Well I can say I bought it when it released day 1 and haven't had any problems till just now. I couldn't get the Xbox 360 pad working at first but then found out you have to change it in your computer profile folder on the gamepad option. Mine was set to Joypad Pro at first for older games.

Azilix
22nd Aug 2012, 02:34
I honestly think it is just the server is down trying to fix all the problems they have been having but to be honest they really shouldn't have any problems at all considering how old the game is.

Blargha-295898
22nd Aug 2012, 02:45
I have the same problems with cloud saving, in addition the game will not start now. When I press play, the screen flickers black for 2 seconds and then goes back to desktop. This also happened yesterday, and I installed again, and then it worked, but not anymore. This product must be one of my most wasted money. I will give it one more day, and then I will demand a refund!!

thecult
22nd Aug 2012, 02:48
it states in the liscense agreement all sales are final! The only way anyone MAY get money back is a class action lawsuit. So far it looks like it would hold water. Beings that the game isnt even working at all on my end!

member_10302357
22nd Aug 2012, 02:50
They must be working on the servers. Ive never had a problem with the remote cloud connection until today.

thecult
22nd Aug 2012, 02:59
I got my controller working and now the game is playing.

Azilix
22nd Aug 2012, 03:05
Did you still get the Server Connection Error?

Azilix
22nd Aug 2012, 03:06
I meant "Remote Sync Failed" lol

thecult
22nd Aug 2012, 03:37
yeah but now that im tired of plaiying it i logged ouyt nd i see the servers are back online.

member_10289442
22nd Aug 2012, 04:31
Remote Sync started working for me, but it still doesn't download my files. An I think it erased them also. So I hope it gets fixed. I need my cloud saves. My profile is working again too.

jt2414-281443
23rd Aug 2012, 20:07
When I called to inform them there is an issue they said it must be only me and that their servers are working right.

Call them and let them know it's not just one person. 310-846-0345 Option 3

Buttflap-376416
8th Sep 2012, 15:25
I've exchanged about 5 emails with Square Enix and Digital River. I also purchased 2 copies of FFVII and have been SOL since. They admitted that when I made my purchase it was not recorded correctly in the system. So their system took my money and if I never emailed them they would have kept it.

I received no email, no serial number, no download link. After I finally get my order # I am now also stuck at the:

Error:

We are currently unable to perform the selected action. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We have been notified and are already working to correct this issue as quickly as possible. Please click your browser's back button and try this action at a later time, or take a different action.

Error Number: SYS_000001

3 days and still no luck from square enix or digital river. All I get is broken english emails that apologize and offer nothing in return. Not even an acknowledgement of the error just that they're taking actions on my behalf? This is the last reply I've received:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

We apologize; unfortunately, we are unable to check your order, as of
the moment because we are currently updating our system. We have taken
action to resolve this issue on your behalf.

We appreciate the time you?ve taken to get in touch with us. For further
concerns, feel free to email us back.

Buttflap-376416
8th Sep 2012, 15:27
This update has been going on for 2-3 days now for me as well...

I purchased Sleeping Dogs via Steam and I'm LOVING it. and I love Steam distribution and deals as well. I think square enix dropped the ball by going with cheaper distribution through Digital River who clearly doesn't have a hold on the situation.

Dhanners
31st Jan 2013, 15:39
It seems there is a common problem here that has been going on for some time now and Square replies to individual posts with BS answers to divert attention. This should be let known to people prior to them buying the game! They give a recommended solution that doesn't work and then just move on. For a company this large, that markets software and has been doing this for so long this is embarrasing.

This is an outrage and if it doesn't get fixed I am not only contacting the better business buraeu but I am writing my states attorney general and finding each and every blog/site/post/discussion forum I can and putting this information out there. I recommend everyone else does this too if you can't gain access to something you paid for, many voices are louder than one.

Dhanners
31st Jan 2013, 15:59
Also, just to be specific I downloaded the game yesterday evening in which I was getting the 10% load problem. Eventually it got beyond this and now the bar loads a couple times and takes me to the login screen. I enter my information, very carefully, and it starts to load something then takes me back to the log in. I have already registered online and everything, the game shows itself registered and in my library.

SE-Chris
31st Jan 2013, 20:05
As it seems this issue was affecting several customers yesterday it may be the case that the server was not responding. Have you been able to update since this last attempt? If you require more immediate service, don't hesitate to contact the Support Center via phone at 310-846-0345 (option 3) and they'll be happy to work with you on this issue. We always appreciate feedback and thank you for your time and concern.

Montavious
1st Feb 2013, 02:19
As it seems this issue was affecting several customers yesterday it may be the case that the server was not responding. Have you been able to update since this last attempt? If you require more immediate service, don't hesitate to contact the Support Center via phone at 310-846-0345 (option 3) and they'll be happy to work with you on this issue. We always appreciate feedback and thank you for your time and concern.

And when are they gonna fix the 30 download thing? Support does nothing to address this. I would like to be able to download a game that I paid for.

DryvBy
1st Feb 2013, 08:36
I'm having an issue even logging in. In the NA Square Enix field, I type in my email and password but low and behold I get an "Invalid email or password". Funny that I logged into the website just fine...

SE-Chris
1st Feb 2013, 20:04
The thirty day limit issue is being investigated by Robert and it's not something that I'm going to be able to troubleshoot to be honest. This is something that is managed by Digital River and I believe if you contact them they have solutions for this as well.

Dryvby, indeed if you are able to log into this site you should be able to log into the game. Now if you're not please double-check that you're logging into the North America area of the launcher. If you're not able to get in the game, there may be another account that you should be using for this purchase. If you give the support center a call at 1-310-846-0345 they can locate the account and get you a new password or at least the correct login.

pkwinter
20th Mar 2013, 05:49
I've had this problem since i got it also, this is joke, it really should have been on steam instead! I've sat for the past half hour re-entering my activation code, just tells me theres a server error and to try again, and to the above comment, i believe its been out 3 days.

Edit:
tried to register my game code into the website where your profile is, it tells me the game is already activated, so this kinda scares me to believe they've gave people the same serial numbers, when using the client i tried just entering in a random code and it gets to 14% and tells me its invalid, when i enter the correct one it also only reaches 14% but tells me theres a server problem and to try again, so its not my connection, or the clients connection to the servers, the servers themselfs seem overloaded or we've all been given codes that people have already used, i'm hoping this will clear up later in the day.

Edit 2: The client now doesn't even let me log in, it tells me somethings went wrong and they've been notified about the issue, well fingers crossed this will be fixed soon, also i checked my emails, it would apear that i've got 2 copies of the game, so the store has somehow charged me twice too! Now i've to try and get a refund for a game i can't play that i paid for twice.

Okay, I had the same problem... I thought. The receipt confirmation you should have recieved when you bought the game actually has the serial number you need to put in. Its not the number in the details of the installer. It is in the receipt.... in your email. Good luck.