PDA

View Full Version : Free Roam Multiplayer Mode

xPacoxTacox
10th Oct 2009, 07:19
If you're going to a 1,000 kilometer island full of fun they say, then it has to have a multiplayer free roam I mean c'mon what would be better?

Enzoforce
10th Oct 2009, 09:09
They're not adding a multiplayer they said. Though, I don't know why.

PoorBison
10th Oct 2009, 12:30
They're not adding a multiplayer they said. Though, I don't know why.By the sound of it, since they were fully aware that the experience in Just Cause 1 simply wasn't quite good enough they wanted to get the core experience as good and perfect as they possibly could, and devote all their resources into that. They didn't want multiplayer to limit their ability to focus 100% in single player. I can't blame them either, and it looks like they have made the right choice.

From here (http://www.videogamer.com/pc/just_cause_2/preview-1618-2.html).

chickenchief
10th Oct 2009, 12:57
I think its good that they are keeping their focus on the single player experience. It seems like games these days are focusing too much on the multiplayer part in a game in favor for a great solo experience.

Redskins
10th Oct 2009, 13:53
*cough* search button *endcough*

PoorBison
10th Oct 2009, 14:17
Yeah, poor search button...

Nobody uses me :(

blazin419
10th Oct 2009, 17:59
If they think they have enough time to put in a multiplayer function, I really wish they would implement it. Imagine... 16 players in such a huge open world and with lots of military vehicles... Fight for domination!

jubjub1
10th Oct 2009, 18:17
If you're going to a 1,000 kilometer island full of fun they say, then it has to have a multiplayer free roam I mean c'mon what would be better?

6000 kilometers

Enzoforce
10th Oct 2009, 18:59
No. That's too much driving.

Too small isn't fun, because then you've seen everything too quick. Too large is also not good, because getting from a to b can take very long.

blazin419
10th Oct 2009, 18:59
6000 kilometers

*Computer explodes from the suggestion

PoorBison
10th Oct 2009, 22:51
6000 kilometersThis is just a suggestion, right? Because the map obviously isn't this large. The map is roughly 1024 kilometers-squared, so thats about 630 miles-squared.

If they think they have enough time to put in a multiplayer function, I really wish they would implement it. Imagine... 16 players in such a huge open world and with lots of military vehicles... Fight for domination!Yeah, hehe, going around taking over each others settlements. If you lose too many settlements you are eliminated from the game and the fight continues until there are only 2 people left in the game which would decide the winner.

But still, not enough time, money, or resources left to put it in this game. Just Cause 3 is a good possibility though, and hopefully this game does well enough to warrant the production of a Just Cause 3! Alot of people who never played the first one are looking at this one, I've noticed, so thats a good sign.

jubjub1
11th Oct 2009, 00:32
ive only played the demo of just cause 1

PoorBison
11th Oct 2009, 03:07
Well, you should buy and play through the first game :) The demo very different to the full game, the full game is much more fun and great to explore.

Enzoforce
11th Oct 2009, 07:38
Just Cause 3 should be fully concentrated on it's multiplayer. Maybe a singleplayer but then you will get this: I rate this game 7/10, because it's singleplayer sucks. But the multiplayer is totally awesome!

Just cause 3... A map with like 200 people on it doing lot's of different things. Holding/capturing territory... Dogfights. Imagine the possibilities.