PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Styles

BatFan
9th Oct 2009, 22:18
I've noticed watching some user videos on youtube, and some posted here, A lot of you have VERY different fight styles. Some of you like to include every possible variation, some of you button mash, others only use strike, some completely abuse the evade function, etc. So how do you guys fight in B:AA?

ThatGuyHarris
9th Oct 2009, 22:32
Eh. That's a tough question to answer because the situation dictates how I fight. In the regular challenge rooms the idea is to get the highest score possible and the best way to do that is with the variation bonuses you get each round, so I try to mix it up there. In the Totally Insane challenge room where you're pretty much facing infinite waves it's all about simplicity. Strike, evade, counter, etc. I'd say I've probably used every style you listed, at least at some point, even button mashing when frustration sets in. Heh.

JackWinz
9th Oct 2009, 22:50
Kick em in the nuts....

AngelsDontKill6
9th Oct 2009, 23:11
haha you have to mix it up man, variations look awesome too.
and you just look good when you do them :)

Dcool77
10th Oct 2009, 21:58
I try and mix it up and use every move though i use the combo batarang alot after i do a combo takedown just to knock down the thugs that could surroud me and put me in a repeatingly counter type situation as well as hopefully setting up a uninterrupted Ground Takedown

Nightwing
10th Oct 2009, 23:47
Where's the option for "whatever is appropriate"?

MandalorianWrath
11th Oct 2009, 09:17
I used to attack using only strike and counter when I first started playing the game. Then, realizing how useless I was when it came to building up combos, I tried the strike, evade, repeat technique and that's how I got the achievement for 40+ combo.

Now I mix up all the moves during my combos to get the higher variation bonus available. That's a habit I took while beating the fighting challenges, it paid off greatly and became a habit.

BloodLegacy
11th Oct 2009, 09:23
Like Mandalorian (And probably everyone) it seemed like a button mashing game at first, but now, in every challenge I'm getting 9x variation bonus's and perfect knight bonus's.

Just got 21st on the intensive treatment extreme Leaderboard, I'm quite proud of that :) (Every round had:
9x Variation
Dark Knight
Flawless freeflow
And at the end I had Perfect knight, ofcourse :rasp:)

The systems really fun when you get good at it! eventually you automatically start throwing in stuns and rolls just to rack up extra points.

Kevin =]
11th Oct 2009, 09:34
cheapshot the ones picking up weapons :)

RisingPho3nix
11th Oct 2009, 16:08
I mix it up in the challenge rooms, but my basic tactic is Counter, Strike, Evade, Stun, Instant Takedown.