PDA

View Full Version : FLASH: the videogame

Riddling Artist
9th Oct 2009, 06:20
i found another cool thing :D unfortunately its no longer in production... kinda like that open world batman game a while ago... bummer. it looks like fun though. the combat was meh... but I WANNA SPEED AROUND TOWNS AT HYPER SPEED!!!! i also like the cell shaded, mirrors edge look.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2009/10/08/news-What-Could-Have-Been_3A00_-The-Flash-Game-video.aspx

watch the video :D you know yo uwant to :D

thebatman226
9th Oct 2009, 06:41
Looks like it coulda been a fun game, dont really like the cell shaded thing though D:

And i dont know why but it reminds me of spiderman for some reason :S

Sir Legendhead
9th Oct 2009, 07:05
I always have wanted to see a Flash game. It's strange that with all the bullet time games that have been done over the years, we still don't have one for him. Trailer looks like it had potential.

angleslam99
9th Oct 2009, 07:17
Oh what could have been...

We still need a good Superman game

Old_BenKenobi
9th Oct 2009, 07:24
Wow, that looked like the basis for an awesome game. A Flash game would be really cool. A lot of potential for Bullet Time fun, and it could be a pretty simple set-up, if you think of it as a combination of on-foot and driving gameplay:

Left Stick: Movement
R2: Accelerate (Run button)
R1: Break
L2: Bullet Time.

The two trigger buttons would be analog, so you control how much of either effect you want to mix in. Then you can run really fast in realtime or mix in some bullet time to percieve your surroundings, rather than have a straight "Walk/Jog/Run" button set up and a "Bullet time On/Off" setup.

KillerCroc
9th Oct 2009, 12:09
The fighting system looked really smooth, I think the Freeflow system could actually work with the game if they ever decide to pick the project up. I'm kinda depressed that I was deprived of a Flash game now...I blame Pandas, if people stopped donating money on saving them we would've had a Flash game...

Flash>Pandas. :D

Old_BenKenobi
9th Oct 2009, 13:24
I think that Freeflow could work, but it would be best for them to come up with their own gameplay as unique to Flash as Freeflow is to Batman, though Batman's combat was so fluid and well made that I think a little could be borrowed.

Sir Legendhead
9th Oct 2009, 14:01
I like the combat system they had. If you watch closely starting at :13, you can see how each face button is mapped to an individual enemy.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/sirlegendhead/flashgame.jpg

That worked really well for the fast paced, multiple opponent style of fighting that they used in The Mark of Kri and Rise of the Kasai. Those are the only two games I've played that used that control layout and it worked great for them. I've been wanting to see that style used again since I played those on PS2. You could combine elements of that with elements of freeflow successfully, I'd imagine.

Old_BenKenobi
9th Oct 2009, 15:05
The combat shown looked really slick.

Riddling Artist
10th Oct 2009, 19:25
lol yeah. i woulda played it :D i just want to run fast as hell though

Batman The Trailer Hunter
10th Oct 2009, 20:18
Wow that looks really good!

Revenant36
11th Oct 2009, 00:33
Wow, that looked like the basis for an awesome game. A Flash game would be really cool. A lot of potential for Bullet Time fun, and it could be a pretty simple set-up, if you think of it as a combination of on-foot and driving gameplay:

Left Stick: Movement
R2: Accelerate (Run button)
R1: Break
L2: Bullet Time.

The two trigger buttons would be analog, so you control how much of either effect you want to mix in. Then you can run really fast in realtime or mix in some bullet time to percieve your surroundings, rather than have a straight "Walk/Jog/Run" button set up and a "Bullet time On/Off" setup.

Y'know, that actually sounds like it'd work really well. Perhaps the bullet-time (or reaction-time, would work better for the Flash) feature would have a meter that depleted as you used it and recharged over time, preventing people playing the whole game in slo-mo for easier control. Another reason this would be a great feature is that it could make things so cinematic. Perhaps while using the reaction-time or bullet-time or whatever you could click the thumbstick to activate a cinematic camera.

As for the trailer, looked like a lot of fun. I have no doubt that given more development time this coulda turned into something great. Not groundbreaking, but still damn good.

As a side thought, could this perhaps be Rocksteady's new game? Here's hoping they've picked up the license and we'll get to see a Flash game eventually. Ah, screw it, Rocksteady should just make all the superhero games from now on...

Riddling Artist
11th Oct 2009, 00:52
lol rocksteady needs to buy all the superhero game making companies nad control all of them to their will :D

Batman The Trailer Hunter
11th Oct 2009, 03:25
lol rocksteady needs to buy all the superhero game making companies nad control all of them to their will :D

Yeup, Mk vs dc 2 wont suck as much then!

batfan08
11th Oct 2009, 05:35
Another thing is that Flash has one of the most iconic rogue's galleries in the DCU next to Batman.

Revenant36
11th Oct 2009, 11:48
Another thing is that Flash has one of the most iconic rogue's galleries in the DCU next to Batman.

Mark Hamill as the voice of the Trickster...!!!

Odysseyalien
11th Oct 2009, 12:55

Yeah, that should be a major priority in their offices. I'm first in line for their rendition of "Superman", "Fantastic Four", "The Hulk", "The Flash", "Iron Man", and of course the Arkham Asylum sequels (note the "s" at the end of "sequel"). :thumb:

Revenant36
12th Oct 2009, 12:00
Yeah, that should be a major priority in their offices. I'm first in line for their rendition of "Superman", "Fantastic Four", "The Hulk", "The Flash", "Iron Man", and of course the Arkham Asylum sequels (note the "s" at the end of "sequel"). :thumb:

I'd be chomping at the bit to get hold of a Spiderman, Punisher, Spawn, X-Men, Flash or any future Batgames by Rocksteady

Old_BenKenobi
12th Oct 2009, 12:52
A good Iron Man game reaaally needs to come out. Of all the major Marvel properties, Iron Man, Thor and the Fantastic Four are the only ones I can think of who haven't had a good, if not great game. I think Iron Man is the most interesting of the three, and the potential for customization alone is amazing. Not to mention that unlike Superman, Iron Man is a machine and functions in two distinct modes, Grounded and In-Air. That means they won't have the hurdle of seemlessly tying the ground gameplay with the air gameplay, because Iron Man doesn't skip into the sky, he takes off.

Riddling Artist
12th Oct 2009, 18:25
didnt they already try the iron man game out and didnt it fail horribly... omg isnt there a sequel... its like 2008 all over again... cept uncharted, burtal legend, MW 2, assassins creed 2... are all comin out lol

Old_BenKenobi
12th Oct 2009, 18:36
Yeah, they tried an Iron Man movie game. But it didn't work out. Why can't Iron Man have his SPider-Man 2? :(

vicsage
22nd Oct 2009, 06:28
:( It's too bad that this game isn't going to be released...

This was just the early footage and it still looks spectacular!

Kind of a cross between Sonic the Hedgehog and the Grand Theft Auto series, lol.

My only concern is how much of the game would consist of you running around town? Looks like it'd be fun...but it would eventually be boring if that was all you could do.

Flash can also vibrate and move through matter. I'm sure this ability could be put to good use.

Add some massive boss fights with Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, The Shade, etc. and I'm set.

theguf
24th Oct 2009, 19:41
Try City of Heroes if you can stand MMO's. The flying, super-jump, superspeed and teleport is very well done in that game.